did myself euromount

alinrut

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-11 AT 12:59PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/1062dscn0618.jpg

3696dscn0619.jpg

932dscn0620.jpg

2354dscn0629.jpg

1867dscn0631.jpg

4792dscn0632.jpg

9034dscn0638.jpg

So, here's my did it at home euromount....I found a taxidermy/euromount kit that already has the peroxide and the bleaching powder to go with it. Step 1) I gathered everything together (knife, extended pliers, boiler, etc..) 2) DO THIS OUTSIDE (previous lesson learned on just a regular horn mount..the whole frikin house stunk!!!) 3) I seperated the lower jaw, just a choice I made...utilized a hacksaw 4) Boil the thing, if you figure a way to keep the antlers out of the water (I recommend a 2x4, basically anything you can use to keep the base of the antlers up out of the water) there was also some substance that I had to mix into the water from the taxidermist kit 5) get a little, boil a little, get a little, boil a little...it's a flat out frikin mess...especially in the brain area and the eyeballs with sinus cavities 6) MAKE SURE THE WIFE IS GONE if your gonna use the kitchen table...mine was in Vegas at the time 7) the peroxide and paste mixture was applied thick and in every hole and crevise I could think of or see...then let it set for a few days and brushed off the paste once it was dried and crusty and now the last pic is what I had left. I still need to build the frame and touch it up, but I'm leaving it the garage through the winter to make sure to get rid of any residual smell. Hope ya'll enjoy the pic's, it was a lot of fun and more work than I expected.

take care,

al

I totally deserve any smartass remarks about the title that I'm gonna get...it won't let me edit it either....

al

When your wife sees the pictures of that nasty thing on her kitchen table, doing yourself is probably going to be your only option.
You asked for it.

>When your wife sees the pictures
>of that nasty thing on
>her kitchen table, doing yourself
>is probably going to be
>your only option.
>.
>.
>.
>.
>You asked for it.

lol