Did someone actually mistake a bighorn

I haven't heard anything specific, but I got an email from NMDGF today warning me as a barbary hunter to make sure I know the differences between barbarbys and bighorns. Includes pictures too, which begs the question: why did NMDGF feel they need to fill my inbox with that stuff?

I could see it happening. Hell people compare hunting those ugly exotics to actual sheep hunting ????

Yes, unit 34 OTC area. Hunter shot a ewe thinking it was a Barbary. I was talking to BHS biologist asking how the BHS were doing in 34 when he told me. Not sure when exactly.
Mike

I can’t remember the year, but has been a few years. Released by the space museum in Alamogordo. Seeing how they do even with the barbaries.

BHS biologist said only lost 1ewe and the ewe that the hunter accidentally killed. That is what he told me in September. Can’t remember if the ewe died of stress or by a predator.

BHS biologist said only lost 1ewe and the ewe that the hunter accidentally killed. That is what he told me in September. Can’t remember if the ewe died of stress or by a predator.
The first ewe from the first transplant went all the way to Ruidoso and they believed that someone’s dog killed it in in the backyard area that they found it in. Could have been a cougar though but I never followed up to check.

From what I have been told. We had a gut shoot a ewe this year in Nebraska thinking it was a mule deer. Never under estimate stupidity. 20,000 for the fine.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom