Did you change Thanksgiving plans?

hossblur

Long Time Member
I must confess. Wuhan forced a change of plans at our house.

It was moms year. But I didnt want to risk her getting the Wuhan so we cancelled. My siblings did not.

Instead we rolled over to mom in laws. The beer was cold, the drama was at zero(unlike other places?) and the food was spot on. A nice, easy, quiet evening.

After the Wuhan screwing up my 2020, should I feel guilty for using it to my advantage? (I dont??).

7 vehicles at my place not a compliance monitor to be seen. Kids from Tx didn’t come but had 20+ for dinner there. Happy thanksgiving

Didn't change one thing. Even my grandparents came. They choose not to live in fear. One has Alzheimer's and the other has Parkinson's due to agent orange from Vietnam. They would rather enjoy being with family.

Why would one follow these rules when the people that push for them are the ones not following them?

Didn't change one thing. Even my grandparents came. They choose not to live in fear. One has Alzheimer's and the other has Parkinson's due to agent orange from Vietnam. They would rather enjoy being with family.

Why would one follow these rules when the people that push for them are the ones not following them?
Death or damaged lungs is at the top of my list. Plus I'd feel awfully bad if I killed someone close to me by spreading it to them. The vaccine isn't too far off, why gamble with serious damage or death for a chunk of turkey and conversation that can be had over the phone??? But you're showing "them" alright! :) (Just razzing you. To each their own in their own house.)

Death or damaged lungs is at the top of my list. Plus I'd feel awfully bad if I killed someone close to me by spreading it to them. The vaccine isn't too far off, why gamble with serious damage or death for a chunk of turkey and conversation that can be had over the phone??? But you're showing "them" alright! :) (Just razzing you. To each their own in their own house.)

If YOU killed them?

WOW.

Does that mean YOU can save everyone too?

God complex much?

Would you follow the guidelines off a bridge? Fear is a great controller. I don’t deny Covid exists or that it can be worse then the flu. But I think our health to a certain degree should fall on ourselves. If you don’t feel comfortable don’t participate. If you are go for it.

Would you follow the guidelines off a bridge? Fear is a great controller. I don’t deny Covid exists or that it can be worse then the flu. But I think our health to a certain degree should fall on ourselves. If you don’t feel comfortable don’t participate. If you are go for it.
I wouldn’t, but if the guidelines tell you not to jump off a bridge, would you do it just for the sake of rebellion?
The question above was, “Why would one follow these rules when the people that push for them are the ones not following them?”
The why is pretty simple..... to avoid death or long term illness to yourself and others you care about.
We could all rebel against government who says don’t play in the freeway, but would it make any sense?
Like I said, to each their own in their own home. I just thought I’d throw out my opinion to the question.
I feel bad for those who are out of work because of the pandemic and it just seems to make sense that we should all try hard to reduce cases, hospitalizations and death so those who are truly impacted can get back to work.
I don’t like government telling me what to do either, but when it makes absolute perfect sense, then I go with it. What’s the big deal? It helps people who are truly impacted.
To me it’s just strange to rebel against things that make sense. But, I understand we all have different views on what makes sense, so I’m just stating my thoughts.

Got any links to the long term effects of that vaccine?

What should we all do then?
Our best to try and limit the spread. Most are, but you know as well as I that some don’t.
I was just addressing the “why” question above.
If you’re doing your part, then good on you. What’s been asked of people, really isn’t that much.
If we rebel, who are we really hurting? A democrat governor somewhere who issued a mandate? No, we’re hurting the elderly and others in society, along with putting healthcare works at higher risk and keeping some people jobless. After the rebellion, the democrat governor goes on about life. He’s not hurt. It’s other people just like us who are hurt.

I don’t, but I’ve been taking meds for years that I personally did not invent, test and manufacture. So clearly I’m trusting the system. And I probably will when it comes time for the vaccine. I worry too about that.

The mantra is we don't know the long term effects of the rona, yet we should take a vaccine that's 5 minutes old and couldn't possibly know the long term effects of. Taking meds for years that have been around for years is a false equivalency. I played the governments guinea pig years ago, I'm gonna sit this one out. I'd be all for giving it to all our politicians, their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. If they show no side effects in 10yrs, I'll revisit it.

I don't see the problem that my grandparents want to live out their life enjoying kids,grandkids,great grankids. They have been locked up enough.
One grandparent already has a short time left with Alzheimer's till their brain becomes mush and wont even know who we are. So this thanksgiving was pretty important.

For the last year all our family takes a turn every month to have a cookout. We been gathering in large numbers. If someone is sick they don't get to come just as our family has handled every other cough/flu for years.

I am starting to see the effects of what mask do though. My wife comes home from work sick everyday with a pounding headache and sleepy. Weekends at home she is just fine.

If people want to enjoy life then good for them. If you want to live in fear then that is your choice. My life hasn't changed on bit. Go to work with over a 100 other employees, go to store and such, family time. we are keeping life normal. I use to sit with my neighbor who is 82 years for coffee on the front porch. He asked if I could sit some distance apart-so I simply agreed to the terms to respect him.

No Change here- the only difference is 1st my mother passed away and then my Father passed away this past August. They were both in their 90's. We didn't have them around for this years which was tough.

7 vehicles at my place not a compliance monitor to be seen. Kids from Tx didn’t come but had 20+ for dinner there. Happy thanksgiving
Just because you didn't see us doesn't mean we didn't know what you did.:devilish:
IMG_0588.JPG

We had nobody here for Thanksgiving but it just worked out that way.

I'm 72 and my brother and his son-in-law told me to not work at the Christmas tree lot this year. They own the business. It's outside so I don't see the harm in me helping out. I told them to call me if they need me.

We have flu outbreak every year where people die. 70-100,000 is not uncommon. How are we going to handle that, going forward? Is there a magic projected number where lives start to matter enough to require mandates and shutdowns? Who decides? Who plays God?

I've heard people say if you're outside without a mask, that is an act of violence and should be prosecuted as such.

I think the government should just say there's a bad virus going around and you are urged to take extreme care. The end.

Our 32 person thanksgiving turned into just 7! Dang virus hit our extended family. All doing well just several have the virus and some others quarantined waiting to see if they develop symptoms. Oh well, we get together frequently and will again soon.

The one thing that bugs me about our Dem. politicians pushing the mask rule and distance rule, then they are the ones getting caught violating their own mandates.
It makes me think, is there something they know and not telling us about Covid-19 and how severe it may or may not be. They sure as heck do not fear catching it based on the example they are setting.
RELH

The one thing that bugs me about our Dem. politicians pushing the mask rule and distance rule, then they are the ones getting caught violating their own mandates.
It makes me think, is there something they know and not telling us about Covid-19 and how severe it may or may not be. They sure as heck do not fear catching it based on the example they are setting.
RELH
Will any of us be surprised if the political elites get their vaccinations first? Or if we find out they already got theirs?

We will never find out due to Doctor-patient confidence. Nancy will be first in line next to Joe.

RELH

Our best to try and limit the spread. Most are, but you know as well as I that some don’t.
I was just addressing the “why” question above.
If you’re doing your part, then good on you. What’s been asked of people, really isn’t that much.
If we rebel, who are we really hurting? A democrat governor somewhere who issued a mandate? No, we’re hurting the elderly and others in society, along with putting healthcare works at higher risk and keeping some people jobless. After the rebellion, the democrat governor goes on about life. He’s not hurt. It’s other people just like us who are hurt.

You were in Wyoming and Colorado recently, right? I mean after it spiked in Utah in September?

Kinda seems you made a choice about risk vs reward. It was worth possibly taking Wuhan across state lines to rural communities to shoot a deer. ? Weren't you concerned about the toll on the health care workers there? Or the old folks?

You were in Wyoming and Colorado recently, right? I mean after it spiked in Utah in September?

Kinda seems you made a choice about risk vs reward. It was worth possibly taking Wuhan across state lines to rural communities to shoot a deer. ? Weren't you concerned about the toll on the health care workers there? Or the old folks?
Spiked in September? Is that when covid spiked? Hmmmm :rolleyes:
Did it go away on November 4th in your fantasy land too?

Hoss, I honestly wonder if you even think before you type. You sure say some stupid outrageous things on a weekly basis but this last comment is a dandy.

Hey guys, give him a break. He leans Democrat and does what other democrats do. Do as I say and not what I do.

RELH

So now that fantasy land disappeared via data, same question.

Why was crossing State lines to shoot a deer/elk, as cases were spiking with it, but old folks possibly seeing grandkids their last time not?

I mean in the grand scheme of things?

I think going and hunting like you did IS worth it. But im amazed that after doing so youd feel you have a soapbox to stand on.

Plus.

20 million immunocompromised people in 2019. Were you killing them by not masking up then?

Sorry, but im pretty shocked you think YOU are killing someone by exhaling. THATS a lot of burden your putting on yourself, and others.

Will any of us be surprised if the political elites get their vaccinations first? Or if we find out they already got theirs?

There's a lot of folks nervous about the vaccine.

So in order to show leadership, shouldn't all 435/100/ pres/vp, meet in congress, nationally televised, and get the vaccine?

I actually started this post thinking guys would have funny stories, or good pics or memes(best thing in 2020) challenging the Tyranny.

But I was floored by Founder. I knew he was nervous. But hes out KILLING folks by living? Im still floored days later.

I wouldn’t, but if the guidelines tell you not to jump off a bridge, would you do it just for the sake of rebellion?
The question above was, “Why would one follow these rules when the people that push for them are the ones not following them?”
The why is pretty simple..... to avoid death or long term illness to yourself and others you care about.
We could all rebel against government who says don’t play in the freeway, but would it make any sense?
Like I said, to each their own in their own home. I just thought I’d throw out my opinion to the question.
I feel bad for those who are out of work because of the pandemic and it just seems to make sense that we should all try hard to reduce cases, hospitalizations and death so those who are truly impacted can get back to work.
I don’t like government telling me what to do either, but when it makes absolute perfect sense, then I go with it. What’s the big deal? It helps people who are truly impacted.
To me it’s just strange to rebel against things that make sense. But, I understand we all have different views on what makes sense, so I’m just stating my thoughts.
Have you seen the survival rates? 1 in 300,000 die if you are under 65. Just terrifying?.Founder you are more likely to get killed in a car driving up to Wyoming to hunt. But you do that. Plus I remember when you went shed hunting in Wyoming during the whole closure. I guess you were okay with that because it's something you want to do. Founder i like you, but don't be a typical liberal hypocrit.

Have you seen the survival rates? 1 in 300,000 die if you are under 65. Just terrifying?.Founder you are more likely to get killed in a car driving up to Wyoming to hunt. But you do that. Plus I remember when you went shed hunting in Wyoming during the whole closure. I guess you were okay with that because it's something you want to do. Founder i like you, but don't be a typical liberal hypocrit.
?

Ok, back to the question. Yes!! Our Thanksgiving plans were changed. My mother-in-law took it upon herself to change the desert. She was going to make a pumpkin and Apple pie. But..she only ended up making these stupid little single serve pumpkin tart things. WTF woman?!

I forgot that

You all can do what you want, it doesn’t really matter to me. I simply answered the questions asked by others with my opinion. And it remains the same. I’ll wear the mask and avoid vulnerable people whom I care for.

No change for me or my family. The lot of us met at Dad's house for a traditional meal. I'm betting no one dies or takes permanent damage of any kind because of it.

My SO and I dined alone. The only change we made was cooking a very tasty prime rib roast rather than the usual boring turkey. And now I have oodles of prime rib steaks leftover and in the freezer for future feasts.

How is this for fence sitting... yes and no to changes in dinner plans, both In-Laws had kids in quarantine (due to a classmate at school coming down with it) so they had to stay home, But we (My Wife...lol) cooked a big dinner and we divided it up ( again my wife) and I took it over to their homes. Me and my sister in law went deer hunting during the morning while my wife cooked and her husband watched their kids. THAT was the original idea to begin with so no didn't change our plans except for the take home meals.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom