Diesel prices soaring

Diesel prices definitely making my planned trips more expensive. Shucks even the 38 miles up to my little ranch from the house is getting expensive! Don’t see any real relief for a couple years at least. And yes EvilNR the same folks were in office last time fuel prices spiked.

Well maybe some good diesel trucks will start coming up for sale at great prices. Would like to replace my ‘02 3/4ton GMC with over 300k for an ‘05 with under 100k.

I saw diesel in Templeton, CA this week for $7.23/gallon. A few miles down the road it was $6.25/gallon. I don't normally charge my clients for fuel/mileage, but I'm billing my mileage out now at the IRS rate of $0.585/mile to recoup some of the fuel costs.

Sucks for sure. We got a trip to Canada this fall to and just doubled our fuel budget. We'll find someway to stay within budget.

Thank God I retired after military service in an area where I can shoot my deer and elk also antler hunt and fish within 20 miles or less from my home.
Yep gotta love the small little country town life it’s the best!! Give me 10 or 15 minutes from leaving the house and I can be in one of my hunting spots set up and ready to go in that much time. I’d say most people around here are good people. They are still good with the good ol ways of driving before your 16, keeping a gun in your truck, and teaching kids how to actually work. It’s a good life I love it, it’s too bad there’s hardly any places like that left.

So a lot of Einstein's have been saying if we had the pipeline from Canada we'd all be burning cheap diesel and eating rainbow stew.

So my question is , if you do the conversions diesel is $7.24 US dollars a US gallon in Canada today is that cheaper ? or would Canada sell us oil way under market value just because we're so cool ? is that the plan ?

If domestic production is the key to cheap oil why are domestic prices so high ? you mean we don't get all the oil we want cheap if it's pumped on US soil ? I'm so confused . it all seems so simple if you don't think about it. so don't think about it just whine.

Oil prices retreat when Putin does. end of story.

So a lot of Einstein's have been saying if we had the pipeline from Canada we'd all be burning cheap diesel and eating rainbow stew.

So my question is , if you do the conversions diesel is $7.24 US dollars a US gallon in Canada today is that cheaper ? or would Canada sell us oil way under market value just because we're so cool ? is that the plan ?

If domestic production is the key to cheap oil why are domestic prices so high ? you mean we don't get all the oil we want cheap if it's pumped on US soil ? I'm so confused . it all seems so simple if you don't think about it. so don't think about it just whine.

so.....it is Putin's fault....

and...don't worry, you can still get your abortions in Oregon...

Pickup fill up……. $5.14 a gallon looks different from this view of the world.

C4672E8D-EF4B-4ACA-A8C9-AD56672A8AF0.jpeg

We have a pipeline of oil from Canada to the U.S., it’s called the Railroad.

We have a pipeline of oil from Canada to the U.S., it’s called the Railroad.
Yes we have a railroad owned by Buffet and he charges a darn good price to transport that oil. Far more then a pipeline would cost. Also those railway tankers can not bring in the amount per day that a pipeline would bring in.
I recall sleepy Joe asking Mexico and and a South American county ruled by a dictator for more oil after Joe took heat for buying Russian oil. Funny I do not recall him asking Canada for more oil. HUMMMMMMM! was he afraid that Canada would bring up him putting the axe to their pipeline to supply us with more oil.
RELH

I just don't let mine get below 3/4 and that's about a weeks' worth of driving @ about 16 miles a gallon in one of my Jeeps.

Other than going to the gym and then hiking, I do my erron's on the way home each morning and I'm right @ 85--95 miles a week.

Pretty much how I did it when Bush and his Oil buddies were screwing us back then.

I am gas though around $4.18 a gallon.

Robb

Last edited:

Trudeau and Biden are doing everything humanly possible to increase supply. LOL! They're both climate scammers end of story.

A lot of this kind of stuff is WAY above our pay grade. Always has been and always will be back room deals making politicians rich.

Driving across Texas the other day, and gas was $3.52, while diesel was $5.35. And I've never seen so many trucks on the road!!

You didn't answer the question. if diesel costs more in Canada than it does here how would more Canadian oil make a significant difference in price ?

Yes it absolutely is Russia. obviously some people don't understand if you disrupt the supply from the worlds 3rd largest oil producer there will be market ramifications.

Same goes for the food supply, Russia is being boycotted and Ukraine supplies 1/3 of Europe and N Africa's food supply and it's in shambles. so shortages, too complicated still ?

The prices I'm getting for hay and grain this year will exceed anything ever seen before. and 90% of it will be exported on the world market priced on world commodity markets not domestically. all I can say is since this is all 100% due to Hunter's laptop I hope like hell he has another one I won't know what to do with all my money.

We still pay farmers not to farm here and we are still pouring milk out on the ground. This country is rich in natural gas and oil yet we have democrats. Democrats are trying hard to get us in another war, a nuclear war, they poison everything they touch.

You didn't answer the question. if diesel costs more in Canada than it does here how would more Canadian oil make a significant difference in price ?

Yes it absolutely is Russia. obviously some people don't understand if you disrupt the supply from the worlds 3rd largest oil producer there will be market ramifications.

Same goes for the food supply, Russia is being boycotted and Ukraine supplies 1/3 of Europe and N Africa's food supply and it's in shambles. so shortages, too complicated still ?

The prices I'm getting for hay and grain this year will exceed anything ever seen before. and 90% of it will be exported on the world market priced on world commodity markets not domestically. all I can say is since this is all 100% due to Hunter's laptop I hope like hell he has another one I won't know what to do with all my money.
Canada Diesel prices, 25-Apr-2022.
Canada Diesel pricesLitreGallon
CAD2.0157.628
USD1.5825.989
EUR1.4775.591

No dumb dumb it's called taxes and regulations. If you think otherwise then you're.....nevermind you already know. Die hard demorat to the end.

We have in the U.S.A. one of the largest oil reserves in the ground. so much that we could be completely independent from any other country for oil and gas and diesel.
Now Dude what political party has prevented us from using that oil reserve? Also since most of that oil is on public ground that is controlled by government, they could regulate the oil companies that are allowed to drill and harvest that oil to prevent them from jacking up the prices and scalping our citizens who use that gas and diesel.
RELH

Now show how much of each goes to government taxes, at the pump.

Canada Fuel Taxes by Province​

ProvinceGasoline
(¢/L)
Diesel
(¢/L)
Daily Gasoline Tax Based on Current Avg (¢/L)Comment
Alberta
19¢​
13¢​
23.616¢​
5% GST
British Columbia
21.17¢​
22.67¢​
26.994¢​
GST + Includes carbon tax of 6.67 ¢/L on gasoline and 7.67 ¢/L carbon tax on diesel, as of July 1, 2012
Manitoba
24¢​
18¢​
28.682¢​
GST Manitoba's PST does not apply to gasoline or diesel fuel.
New Brunswick
23.6¢​
23.2¢​
36.629¢​
GST + PST
Newfoundland
24.5¢​
20.5¢​
38.202¢​
GST + PST
Northwest Territories
19.7¢​
13.1¢​
25.124¢​
GST
Nova Scotia
25.5¢​
19.4¢​
40.739¢​
GST + PST
Ontario
24.7¢​
18.3¢​
37.291¢​
GST + PST
Prince Edward Island
23.1¢​
24.2¢​
28.420¢​
GST PST does not apply to gasoline or diesel fuel. Fuel tax is adjusted monthly and includes an amount equivalent to PEI's PST. The fuel tax is capped at 15.8%
Quebec
29.2¢​
24.2¢​
48.574¢​
QST of 9.975% is applied on top of sales amounts after the GST has been added (QST + GST is 14.5% combined)
Saskatchewan
25¢​
19¢​
29.704¢​
+ GST, PST does not apply to gasoline or diesel fuel.
Montreal
49¢​
22.2¢​
69.038¢​
GST + PST + 1.5¢ Transit Tax. Rate is calculated by 19 cent provincial tax, 10 cent federal tax,17 cent GST+TVQ tax, and 3 cent Montreal tax
Vancouver
32.17¢​
33.67¢​
38.433¢​
GST + PST + 15¢ Transit Tax.Includes carbon tax of 6.67 ¢/L on gasoline and 7.67 ¢/L carbon tax on diesel, as of July 1, 2012
Victoria
24.67¢​
26.17¢​
30.613¢​
GST + PST + 3.5¢ Transit Tax. Includes carbon tax of 6.67 ¢/L on gasoline and 7.67 ¢/L carbon tax on diesel, as of July 1, 2012
Yukon
16.2¢​
11.2¢​
21.624¢​
GST + PST
Please note the above rates are meant as only guidelines of pump taxes and may not represent the full tax amount at the pump. Source: Compiled by GasBuddy from various sources.​

It’s too damn much today no matter what it’s measured in! They will get it down to 3 something a gallon and people will be so thankful and relieved, we will never see 2 dollar a gallon again, that’s how they hook us.

If its Russia's fault, why is it that in December of 2020 crude oil was $49.99 a barrel, but a year later after a year of Brandon, the price was $74.17??? A 50% jump in a year BEFORE the Ukrainian invasion?

You ever hear of supply and demand ? a better economy increases demand. look it up.

$50 a barrel isn't profitable for most oil producers so that's an unsustainable number. we'd need another orange loser to tank the economy again to ever see $50 oil. $75 is a number that works for producers and the public as well. and a 25% increase is no biggie then huh ? then stop crying.

I'm not a democrat but I'm not a dumb sheep either. before you blast your mouth off learn basic math or STFU big belly hunter. the total tax on diesel in OR is 58.5 cents . using British Columbia as an example it's 66.3 US cents per US gallon . that's a 7.8 cent difference to the nearest Canadian province. so I'm going to let you do the math on this one since you obviously need the practice, report back with an apology.

You ever hear of supply and demand ? a better economy increases demand. look it up.

$50 a barrel isn't profitable for most oil producers so that's an unsustainable number. we'd need another orange loser to tank the economy again to ever see $50 oil. $75 is a number that works for producers and the public as well. and a 25% increase is no biggie then huh ? then stop crying.

I'm not a democrat but I'm not a dumb sheep either. before you blast your mouth off learn basic math or STFU big belly hunter. the total tax on diesel in OR is 58.5 cents . using British Columbia as an example it's 66.3 US cents per US gallon . that's a 7.8 cent difference to the nearest Canadian province. so I'm going to let you do the math on this one since you obviously need the practice, report back with an apology.

Hey, hey, hey…….. that’s enough there Tog. Leave my big belly out of this……. What’s it ever done to you?

? if you think Joke Bidens economy is better than Trumps I’ve got some ocean front property to sell you real cheap here in NM. $75 a barrel, why not $150 that would work better for the producer right. You’re probably one of those advocating for a $20 minimum wage also.

You’ll be spending all of your extra money on fuel and fertilizer, not to mention chemical. But if those big numbers your making makes you feel like a champ, don’t mind the checks your writing to run your business

Lol, they were skyrocketing before Putin invaded....they won't go down until Biden retreats.

I had an aunt who put in an irrigation system for her crops many decades ago and it cost $10,000, she used to complain to everybody she knew about that price. After government subsides her actual cost was about $1,000 that she claimed on her taxes, but she never mentioned that part to people. The glass is always half empty for some folks. Some folks are just brainwashed and want to blame the boogeyman for everything that goes wrong.

You mean this economy?

Why in the hell would anybody want to work when you can stay home and wait for the Government to send you a check. And now that my State has legalized marijuana the only thing these bums might be tempted to do is get off the couch for an hour or two to protest this latest Supreme Court probable decision.

Gros Ventre is French for big belly. and Gros Ventre hunter need a calculator and a little independent thinking.

The economy is fine the world supply chain is a chit mess. look at the employment numbers and cry me a river.

Fertilizer is a runaway and fuel prices are a disaster. but I don't give a FF because commodity prices are so high I'll make as much or more than I ever have this year. if I had a full water allotment I'd make more than I ever have this year for sure. it's the bottom line that counts girls don't get hung up on how the sausage is made.

Now all of this leads to inflation correct ? yes you finally got one right. so since we've already determined fuel is higher in Canada and fertilizer is higher almost everywhere in the world exactly what is the solution your talking heads have instructed you to echo ?

The economy is fine with inflation?

Just when you’ve thought you’ve heard everything another one comes out of left field….

Or if you voted for Romney!
I did but I’ve repented. It’s hard when you’re choosing between a democrat and a rinocrat, three times I did it. McCain, Bush, and Romney. Hope the right has gotten over the need to run rinos……. but I’m not holding my breath.

I'm sure daddy's farm is paying good with all those goverment subsidies. You don't have to worry about fuel because daddy's farm allows you to write-off those fuel bills. Daddy and mommy sure tossed you a bone, not having to work for much in life. Is that why you stay drunk most of the day, or is it the DNA.

Let's take a picture to see who the fat guy truly is. You're the betting guy so name the price.

Last edited:
For what its worth Gros, every time I see your name it gives me a quick flash back to my last Wyoming elk hunt and makes me smile. I look forward to the next one.

From 2011 so they've had some time to think about how to implement. Don't think for one moment they don't continue to refine this mindset.
That will be like killing your neighbors because you think they're spying on you when they aren't.

The media keeps pushing the global warming hoax.

That will be like killing your neighbors because you think they're spying on you when they aren't.

The media keeps pushing the global warming hoax.
Well……. why change your swing when it keeps getting you on base. See how quick the earth goes cold….. if it stops getting them elected.

We are all doomed! OAC said in 2019 we’ve only got 12 years left on earth due to Global Warming if we don’t act now! 9 years to go! I say hunt now, hunt what you want, when you want! We all know how right democrats are…

We are all doomed! OAC said in 2019 we’ve only got 12 years left on earth due to Global Warming if we don’t act now! 9 years to go! I say hunt now, hunt what you want, when you want! We all know how right democrats are…
The crazy part is not that she/they said it, but that she/they believe it…….. along with 60% of the rest of the population.

Nobody wants to talk about diesel prices anymore do they...if you're too stupid to hold your own in a debate change the subject huh?

Gee you think I might write my fuel expenses off Einstein ? wow you're up to 1st grade economics now that's an improvement. and yes I did inherit part of my operation, sorry your liberal jealousy has you bunched up . you should really check out the republican platform and see what they've done to prevent wealth transfer from one generation to the next. HA! this place is too funny.

I never said inflation was good I said under the circumstances it's unavoidable. everyone has a job making more money than ever with money burning a hole in their pocket and they'll buy any phuking thing that gets in sight. it's called capitalism and the only cure for high prices is high prices, and higher interest rates. it does not in any way mean the economy is bad the inflation is the symptom of high demand while simultaneously facing supply chain issues due to problems in Asia and the war in Ukraine.

Why don't you watch some real financial news or read the WSJ and you won't need basic information anyone should know.

We can always hit the "ignore button" on him to avoid hearing his B.S. ranting and raving. Side effect of too much fire water.
RELH

He says “the economy is fine and yes we do have inflation”, so in his logic if we had even more inflation the economy would be great.

Talking about diesel prices, that’s simple, the higher diesel is the higher EVERYTHING is.

He’s obviously a well off individual, I don’t begrudge him for that. I’m not hurting in the least bit either but I see many, many people struggling to make ends meet in this “fine economy “. I don’t see any relief in any of the chaos going on as long as this administration is at the helm. They haven’t got one thing right yet. I hope their new disinformation czar doesn’t read my post, she can’t stand the truth.

I certainly write off all me fuel.....obviously he would too......but.....that doesn't mean I don't care what the price is....

Record breaking inflation
Record breaking trade deficit
Stock market has it's worst single day since 2020
Production decline is at an all time high

And this little gem:

muTBEZnRnz4P.png

He is either incredibly ignorant or a liar, or both.

He says “the economy is fine and yes we do have inflation”, so in his logic if we had even more inflation the economy would be great.

Talking about diesel prices, that’s simple, the higher diesel is the higher EVERYTHING is.

He’s obviously a well off individual, I don’t begrudge him for that. I’m not hurting in the least bit either but I see many, many people struggling to make ends meet in this “fine economy “. I don’t see any relief in any of the chaos going on as long as this administration is at the helm. They haven’t got one thing right yet. I hope their new disinformation czar doesn’t read my post, she can’t stand the truth.
It’s us “Einstiens that don’t get it, ie: that’s because we’re stupid and we prove we’re stupid because we’re not wealthy. Because we’re stupid and therefore poor, and it’s because we’re poor we’re hurting from inflation. And, because we’re stupid, we deserve to be poor and what ever misery that causes is our own faults and it serves us right, for being stupid in the first place. The wealthy are not stupid and they are not hurting because they’re intelligent and they are wealthy….. which proved they deserve to be wealthy an immune to the consequences of being stupid and poor. Smart people deserve to be above the consequences and dumb people don’t.

It’s simple, when you’re smart can see why you’re hurting and they are not………

Sir you explained that like you yourself are a man of intellectual distinction and great wealth. I appreciate you taking precious time out of your day to educate me on the ways of life. Thank you again kind sir.
Hardly………in anyway shape or form……. I’m mouthy however…..

I certainly write off all me fuel.....obviously he would too......but.....that doesn't mean I don't care what the price is....
Times are so tough farmers are probably only able to afford died diesel.

Is that even a thing anymore? I’ve been retared too long.

Paying 5.06 10 cent cash discount for dyed ranch tractor fuel...Hwy taxed is 5.49 here in Gunnison Colo..im sure it will go higher. Some talk of availability later in summer. I have enough hauled home to put the hay up....I think things are going to get real tough this year every part of economy. Will it effect hunting? I say yes. I think some locals with good internet or access to a TLP will get some used to be special buck tags off the redeem list this fall. AMMO in not the only "Shortage" I see coming.

Paying 5.06 10 cent cash discount for dyed ranch tractor fuel...Hwy taxed is 5.49 here in Gunnison Colo..im sure it will go higher. Some talk of availability later in summer. I have enough hauled home to put the hay up....I think things are going to get real tough this year every part of economy. Will it effect hunting? I say yes. I think some locals with good internet or access to a TLP will get some used to be special buck tags off the redeem list this fall. AMMO in not the only "Shortage" I see coming.
Yes I agree. Harder times are coming unfortunately.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom