Disability

Captain_coues

Very Active Member
How come this isn't talked about enough? It seems like every week I meet someone or cross paths with them and find out they're disabled and collect from the government. But then last week, I met a pipe insulator on a job and he started asking me questions about where he should start and things like that. He was talking kind of funny and it dawned on me he was deaf. I have a lot of respect for him because it seems like most people would lawyer up and settle for $1300 a month and just eek through life. Not him, he was a happy person and would rather get up and go to work in the morning. Why can't other people do the same? I have an Uncle that uses his disability card and it drives my family crazy. I rarely talk to him on the phone but one time we were talking and he mentioned how he was working as a welder. I said "aren't you disabled?" He said he could work so many hours a week and not lose his benefits. I hate to say it, but it looks like some are veterans and they look very able bodied too. My uncle is one of them. He claims headaches are his disability.

Hate to say it coues but I agree with you. I think it's part of the discharge process anymore. I know several that run small businesses and get a monthly check for disability. One trains malonios shepard's as attack dogs.

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom