Disabled daughter on elk hunt

tulsaburnside

My daughter was a guest of a foundation called Swollfest this October at the 20,000 acre RecordBuck Ranch outside Utopia, Texas. Swollfest had chosen her as their 2021 Inspirational Person at their 2021 fishing tournament held in June at Grand Isle, Louisiana. They gave her a trach chair, an enclosed cargo trailer to haul it and her gear in, and the hunt, because of her love of hunting, fishing, and everything outdoors.

We met them at the ranch and began her elk hunt. That part of Texas has been extremely dry like much of the southwest so we set up a ground blind overlooking a water hole. The first morning we watched 2 raghorns come in and sparred for the early morning hours. A "shooter" bull began coming across the area and moved towards the water hole. As soon as "shooter" was whispered, my daughter began to hyperventilate and breathing rapidly. My wife got her to calm down and control her breathing; we didn't get a shot as he came in, got his drink, and left in another direction walking straight away.

An afternoon sit produced an opportunity for her as the video shows. Two days after the elk, she was able to harvest and old Armenian mouflon ram. She has always used the tag line #fillthefreezer as the horns or antlers make no difference to her, but the pride of being able to physically contribute to the family gives her tremendous self worth.

Now on to her whitetail deer hunt with mom and dad on our property behind the house
!

20210930_180557 (2).jpg

20210930_181334.jpg

20210930_180422 (2).jpg

20211002_174403.jpg

20211009_100346_3.jpg

Kenzi elk_1_1.jpg

Awesome!! I have a niece with an amputated leg who doesn’t let anything stop her from doing what she wants to do. I don’t consider her situation or your daughters as one of disability, just that their abilities are different than others.

Great job getting her out there and enjoying life!!

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I have a son who is disabled and I often wonder if I’ll get him out hunting one day.
You'll be able to bud. It's amazing finding all of the new technology that is out there all the time; stuff I wished I'd known about years ago.

Thank you for sharing. I am extremely happy for her as well and being reminded of how much easier life is for the majority if people and we should not take anything for granted. God bless.

Awesome bull! Thanks for sharing the video. I always try to learn what I can from other hunters. Kenzi definitely has a level of patience that I need to work on. Congratulations!

thank you for sharing. Grateful she is pursuing her dreams with loved ones! freedom and exhilaration! the outdoors is so important to everyone.

Congratulations to the whole family, that’s a whole lot of love. Thank you for sharing. I have an Autistic son, he is the only one in the family that does not hunt, he doesn’t like blood or the smell of dead animals, so I took him to the haunted house of Albion last night, the place smelled of death and there was more blood on people than any 10 hunting trips combined, that’s what he loves.

My daughter was a guest of a foundation called Swollfest this October at the 20,000 acre RecordBuck Ranch outside Utopia, Texas. Swollfest had chosen her as their 2021 Inspirational Person at their 2021 fishing tournament held in June at Grand Isle, Louisiana. They gave her a trach chair, an enclosed cargo trailer to haul it and her gear in, and the hunt, because of her love of hunting, fishing, and everything outdoors.

We met them at the ranch and began her elk hunt. That part of Texas has been extremely dry like much of the southwest so we set up a ground blind overlooking a water hole. The first morning we watched 2 raghorns come in and sparred for the early morning hours. A "shooter" bull began coming across the area and moved towards the water hole. As soon as "shooter" was whispered, my daughter began to hyperventilate and breathing rapidly. My wife got her to calm down and control her breathing; we didn't get a shot as he came in, got his drink, and left in another direction walking straight away.

An afternoon sit produced an opportunity for her as the video shows. Two days after the elk, she was able to harvest and old Armenian mouflon ram. She has always used the tag line #fillthefreezer as the horns or antlers make no difference to her, but the pride of being able to physically contribute to the family gives her tremendous self worth.

Now on to her whitetail deer hunt with mom and dad on our property behind the house
!

View attachment 56094

View attachment 56095

View attachment 56096

View attachment 56097

View attachment 56098

View attachment 56099
??????????

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom