DISTURBING TREND?

K

knthartter

I wanted to know if anyone else has recently had a hunting experience like this or if it was just me. My son and I went up for the D-8 deer openner with some of my hunting budies and on openning morning I had to ask my self if we were in a third would country. My son and I hiked in several miles from the road and were sitting on a ridge line overlooking a large valley when it all started. Just after sunrise it was like we were in the middle of a WAR ZONE. There were people crawling all over the place and shooting at anything that moved. I was affraid to move to a new area fearing we would be shot by one of these in-discriminate shooters. You could tell every time a deer was running for there life because everyone that could see it would start shooting no mater how far away or if it was a dagerous line of fire. They would start shooting and wouldn't stop till their gun was empty. OMG it was a sickening site and I sent all day talking with my son about how not to hunt. I got worse as we were driving out of the area we past several p/u trucks with 6-8 gun toting KILLERS (not hunters) riding in the back ready to jump out and shoot any thing that ran out in the open. What the F@@@ is this country coming to. sorry had to vent.

You should try Southfork Mt. in Humboldt and dont forget your Kevlar vest.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

D-7 has been like that for at least 10 years now.....I sometimes wonder if wearing orange just gives them something to shoot at..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Were the perps of southeast Asian decent?

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

Sounds like a place not to go back to unless later in the season. I know of a few places where the same old once a year gangs get out to camp, drink their fool heads off, and shoot shoot shoot like crazy the next opening morning. You just have top avoid these places as unfortunately, they are probably going to return year after year. I assure you, this type of behavior is really not typical through out the state. I try and avoid crowds and if i feel there might be a troublesome group of a-holes in the area, i bug out pronto...it's not worth it, even if i have to hunt where there are little or no deer.

Joey

I was in D8 also. We managed to get away from the crowds. Even saw a few deer. Heard a few shots early. Then a couple of hours later, it sounded like a war zone. Everyone must have gotten bored. I guess it was time for target practice. There's a bunch of scary characters up there, thats for sure!

Don P.

a few times I put my back to a huge pine til the coast was clear..Hmong'S from Sac have drives down.....and at a differant level!
they will sweep a ridge til every buck is killed!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Rack, no offense bud, trying to read your posts is about the same as doing a crossword puzzle every morning. I know that you can write clearer sentences, have read some in your reply's after people have mentioned, either rightly or wrongly, that you should lay off the booze. :)

No saint myself, I'm just saying...

Yes I have encountered this as well, unfortunately. Ever since I was a kid we use to hunt Ball Mtn. it was a tradition, opening morning mom drove us to the to and we would hike down and she would pick us up. My ol man took some nice deer off of there. We would all the surronding areas, in fact a few years back I took a nice buck off there as well. Then it happend, people and I mean a lot of peopl. It was sad, because I remember telling my dad " someone is going to get killed up here " and sure enough that same season a guy shot his hunting partner and he died. That was it for me I have never been back, nor will I go back. It's really sad to because I have a lot of memeories of that with my sisters, dad and mom. My kids never got to experience it, there is NO way I would take my boy's up there. So we had to find a new area to hunt and now more and more people are showing up.

Please don't get me wrong we all have a right to hunt and it is public land. But what bothers me are the amount of unsafe people out there who shoot at sounds, and anything that moves. Peolpe are so rude and full of self importance now days. When I was young and you saw someone you didn't know you would stop and pass the time. Now they blow right by you and you better get out of their way because it's all about them. There is no more respect for each other anymore or respect for hunting and the animals we are hunting.

Slide

Slide. I can't agree more it seams to get worse evey year here in Cal. To many people with no respect for any thing. I hunted up in the same general area archery opener and didn't see a soul, so I didn't think it would be that crowded rifle opener. Man was I wroung. Wont make that mistake again. Hope you all have a safe and successful season.

Kevin

>Rack, no offense bud, trying to
>read your posts is about
>the same as doing a
>crossword puzzle every morning. I
>know that you can write
>clearer sentences, have read some
>in your reply's after people
>have mentioned, either rightly or
>wrongly, that you should lay
>off the booze. :)
>
>No saint myself, I'm just saying...
>

LMAO

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-09 AT 04:19PM (MST)[p]"we all have a right to hunt and it is public land. But what bothers me are the amount of unsafe people out there who shoot at sounds, and anything that moves. Peolpe are so rude and full of self importance now days."

Bout sizes it up... It has become very crowded and unsafe. The majority of dangerous and unethical people I see, seem to be non english speaking. They do "sweeps or drives" and shoot at everything that moves or makes a sound or talking on hand held radios constantly. Groups of up to a dozen all shooting at the same time.
And it is getting worse each year...

Easymoney, That is exactly what I have seen time and time again. I have all but given up on several units here in Ca for that reason. I don't want to be shot by one of those Aholes.

Have you guys up in northern cal been seeing the same thing up there?

d-8 I live here. Mexican's are the worst. I am not racist by any means. I have a ton friends from Mexicans, Indains, etc. Just today, just driving up Sherman Pass two truck loads, you could see the barrels sticking out the window, raining like hell. Sad day, with no respect to the deer herd. Kill everything, then see what you killed. No game wardens, are on duty, due to cut backs. Local game warden, works 15 days out of the month. Hunting ethics are becoming a joke.

"Kill everything, then see what you killed. No game wardens, are on duty, due to cut backs. Local game warden, works 15 days out of the month. Hunting ethics are becoming a joke."

Just about the same as what I see every year, and it is not just hunting. Anyone salmon fish (or used to) here in CA? Stop at any pull out or even right in front of the fish hatchery and watch the snagging...

Stop Global Whining

MuleyBull,
What do you think? If I wasn't a "hunter" (not a killer) then I wouldn't give a SH@t. I would like to be able to take my son out into the woods and be able to teach him the right way to hunt without having the drive a bullet proof truck, were bullet proof vest and ballistic helmet because of all the A@@ Holes in the woods that can't use good judgement and hunt ethically. If you are defending the people that think they are hunting when they shoot at anything that moves then I have to question if you are a hunter.

If the question stirred the pot then maybe that is a good thing because maybe something will be done about these killers (not hunters). If this is where hunting is going in this state then I will hunt else where with my family. its not worth the risk of some idiot shooting at us because they thought we were a deer.

Sorry if my concern offends you. wait I take that back i'm not sorry.

Muleybull......are you retarded or just slow?

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom