Dixie Fire and surrounding areas

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
Does anyone know what the fire it doing, how bad is the smoke? Can you see any distance?
I want to go scouting but heard the smoke was terrible anyone with first hand knowledge so I don't have to waste a Saturday driving through the smoke

Well I live in Idaho and the smoke from the Dixie fire has been horrible. I thought your forests just closed down

Check out airnow.gov it will give you an idea where your wanting to go. And as hawkbill stated it’s probably closed. Funny how the only closures in Nevada are up in Tahoe.

I live on the Nevada side just south of Pyramid lake and the smoke here is thick and terrible. I'm assuming you have X3b, X5b, or X6b? Any of these will be extremely smoky and glassing will be difficult. I have been antelope hunting in the area and it is very challenging. I have seen some animals though so you can still find them. I am able to glass effectively about 500-700 yards depending on the conditions day to day.--------SS

I went up Thursday to clean out my freezer and refrigerator. It was pretty ugly looking as soon as I hit highway 36. I'm not sure where you would scout up there, the national forest's are closed down along with all of the private SP and Collins property.

Does anyone know what the fire it doing, how bad is the smoke? Can you see any distance?
I want to go scouting but heard the smoke was terrible anyone with first hand knowledge so I don't have to waste a Saturday driving through the smoke
Don’t waste your time smoke is really bad about a mile and you can’t see the hills. Lucky to find access as lots of road closures.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom