Dixie fire

My 7 acres at Canyon Dam is burned. We haven't been able to get in yet and assess the damage. There were a couple dozen huge yellow pines that I sure hope survived but it's doubtful. Always planned on building a cabin up there when I retired. While we only lost recreation property, others are losing everything. -----SS

Finally got confirmation that my place is gone. 3 outbuildings, 3 house trailers and a 40’x40’ deck all gone and nothing but ashes.
I’ve been out in the Nevada desert hunting archery antelope with my son (his tag) to try and forget about it. What else is a fella to do. ?‍♂️
Sorry to hear that, downhill! That's terrible news.

The west side of the valley is calling for 20+ mph north winds tonight. I sure hope it's not like that up at the fire. It's bad, bad, bad like Boss said!

Last night Dixie fire.....those are not storm clouds...
9B12016C-BCF1-406E-8F48-46D3A98BE43B.jpeg

My best friend that is running a dozer there says they are so far behind it it is almost a joke......with all the smoke there is very little air support

A life long friend of mine has a son who works for CalFire. His son told him they had a line under control and the FS came in and relieved them. They lost control of it and that night Greenville burnt down.

Smoke covering Utah is certainly nothing compared to the Dixie Fire but it does demonstrate the size and volume of the fire. Utah is getting heavy rain, north to south along with some brisk wind. That usually clears our air. Not this time. This report shows way.

I get it now. I went up on FS land to cut firewood last Spring. They had a "designated firewood cutting area" where someone thinned a bunch of trees. It was within 1/4 mile of the Ranger's housing.
I was up on the Los Padres national forest just outside of Fort hunter Liggett... Found some nice big white oak limbs and dead trees for firewood. The game Warden was in the area and told me we are not allowed to remove any dead wood from the forest for fear of spreading a beetle that may have killed the tree ...is this stupidity??

Glad I turned my tag in yesterday. Just saw this.

Last edited:
Finally got confirmation that my place is gone. 3 outbuildings, 3 house trailers and a 40’x40’ deck all gone and nothing but ashes.
I’ve been out in the Nevada desert hunting archery antelope with my son (his tag) to try and forget about it. What else is a fella to do. ?‍♂️
So sorry to hear that… horrible!!! Good luck with rebuilding & replacing everything lost.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom