DIY Antelope

A

azdave47

Have a lot of BP (resident) for antelope and know I'll only get one rifle tag in my lifetime. I don't want to blow it on a unit with poor trophy potential or access problems (can't afford a big trespass fee). I'm considering 18A but I've heard some rumblings about private land issues. 5B has upped the tags since there is a high buck to doe ratio but not sure about trophy potential. Any advice?

Thanks guys. My first choice was going to be 19a - I like the idea of no vehicle trafic in the Fain ranch part of the unit. 2nd choice is more of my concern. I've not had any experience with unit 10 and was concerned about access and being run over by the large number of hunters/guides that will be on the rifle hunt. Maybe the stories are overblown?

I think the draw odds are the lowest for 10. 19A has a lot of private land and I believe several allow access with fees. I'm no expert and don't know what you consider a trophy, but was on 2 kills in 18A last year. One was 80" and the other 83". It is a tricky unit to figure out at first with private lands, but a day of scouting before will give you a good idea. Also, never hunted it, but knew of 4 tag holders in 18B and the smallest buck they took was 85".

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom