DIY private land options

Dave Jones

Hey everyone. My first post- has anyone had a good experience with an outfitter or land owner doing a DIY elk or deer hunt on either private land or a pack in? Looking for suggestions on a place to go for a group. Thanks!

Davey Jones locker? That joke is over my head.. ? state doesn’t matter. I should have included that we want to be around 2500 per guy.

I have some elk hunts New Mexico that are private land DIY. They are excellent hunts, we run around 60-70% kill rates yearly and higher opportunity rates due to passing bulls up etc. We only do groups of friends though anywhere from 4-6 guys depending on the ranch and season. IMO you are not going to get what you are looking for (private land) that is any good for $2500 though, ours are $4500 plus what it costs for license, stamps etc from the state. Might have one season per year come available but usually every group rebooks yearly. They are sold out this yr but if interested the following year, hit me up around the first of the year.

I have some elk hunts New Mexico that are private land DIY. They are excellent hunts, we run around 60-70% kill rates yearly and higher opportunity rates due to passing bulls up etc. We only do groups of friends though anywhere from 4-6 guys depending on the ranch and season. IMO you are not going to get what you are looking for (private land) that is any good for $2500 though, ours are $4500 plus what it costs for license, stamps etc from the state. Might have one season per year come available but usually every group rebooks yearly. They are sold out this yr but if interested the following year, hit me up around the first of the year.
Thanks for the information! If I could get them to spend a little more I will let you know.

Timberhunter is right about the odds not being good for a elk hunt at the price of $2500. You will have to watch out for ranchers that will screw your eyeballs out for a buck and lie about the hunting on their property. Most of the ranchers I encountered in Wyoming were honest, but I did run across one or two that flat lied about the animals on their property.
You might find a decent deer hunt on private property for 2500, but elk will cost you more if the rancher has a decent amount of elk and good odds of filling your tag.
Local fish and game wardens might be your friend in pointing you to a good place to hunt with a honest rancher.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom