Do Point Get Reinstated????

callsalot

My son and I are thinking about using our points for Sled Springs Archery this year but I also put in for a Colorado unit that takes many points and I think I have about a 35 to 40% chance of drawing but won't find out tell about two weeks after the Oregon application deadline. If I draw Colorado and then cancel my sons and mine Oregon applications I know we won't get a point this year but will they reinstate our current points?????? Thanks for the help in advance.

Correct. it's going to be tight, as I recall we got the CO results a day or so before the cut off for changing OR applications last year.

Hey you all, the fact you can change your application to a point code up to June 1st just made up my mind. You guys really helped out on this. It's either 76 Colorado archery and then change the tag application to point code 299 or Sled springs we average out to 8 and a half resident so should do it from what I've seen anyway. Appreciate the advice!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply. Does it say that in the regs somewhere or do you just know from experience? Got an email the other day that simply states “The deadline for submission is May 15 but applications can be edited online for free through June 1, 2021.” What about going the other direction and doing point only and then joining the party before 6/1? Trying to get someone on the phone from ODFW but apparently so is everyone else...

I applied today and checked; it is as I posted above.
I believe you can go the other way and "join" a party but, since you applied as an individual for the point you may need to withdraw and re apply as a party member which you can not do after May 15.

Call a local office and ask them. You should be able to get thru easily.

Eventually got ahold of someone in the licensing department and she said you can pull out as a party member and do a point saver until 6/1 no problem. It may be a different story when you actually go and try to do it online. I don’t plan on waiting until the last minute to try it but it sounds like it is possible.

I just went thru this. The point saver option is not available as a hunt type when in a party. The party leader edits the "members" section and changes their type to individual. That in turn will release all other members and make them individuals. From there, you can edit your hunt choice/point saver and you can change back to a party leader.
The party members hunt choice will remain as it was when they were in a party so if those guys want point saver too, they will need to edit their hunt choices.

I wish. Unfortunately I never got to test it out but good to know the option is there. Hopefully Oregon comes through for us.

Well I wish you luck. Our Oregon seed numbers are terrible. Hopefully our points hold up. I have a 3rd season CO deer tag so at least I have that to look forward to

Back
Top Bottom