Do you all care

joesikora

Long Time Member
Do you all care?
Mrs Sikora entered me in a multiple raffle thing with RMEF which when you enter you get a roll up hunting knives which was very nice of her.
The problem I have is that RMEF has followed DU lead in buying their items from China! I’m not happy about this. I sent an email to the powers that be to voice my concerns and to tell them that I haven’t ran into too many Chinese elk hunters in the US and that I will not be spending my hard earned money on anything made in China. The guy was well we can make more money by doing this I said buy American because when we are making the goods we can afford to enter into more draws go on more hunts etc etc. I have my in-laws, a couple of their friends and a couple my friends go to these Banquets that never have hunted and have no interest in hunting to spend money at these events in the raffles etc to try and win something for me my mother is the go to person for that unless it’s has to do with anything handguns. We all pay the $35 dinner price which is a bargain and everyone buys the $200 raffle ticket packs for $100 dollars so just in that is $1,000 not counting buying the special raffles tickets for guns, gear, hunts, etc that range from $25 to $100 a chance so it adds up. Now will we quit going? No but if any item is made in China, Vietnam etc we will not be putting our tickets in that bucket.
So do you care are don’t care?

thanks

Here’s a little nugget not worth posting on it‘s own
this is my second grade communion picture.
I’m the handsome Devil top row second from the left and even at a young age of only 7 years old I was rocking a cool DO! Kinda of weird the star light over Ricky’s and my heads isn’t in/on the original photo and I’ve posted this pic several times before maybe I’m going to die or maybe win the lotto

395D1721-A7E4-4E70-B588-9519B503C9A9.jpeg

Do you all care?
Mrs Sikora entered me in a multiple raffle thing with RMEF which when you enter you get a roll up hunting knives which was very nice of her.
The problem I have is that RMEF has followed DU lead in buying their items from China! I’m not happy about this. I sent an email to the powers that be to voice my concerns and to tell them that I haven’t ran into too many Chinese elk hunters in the US and that I will not be spending my hard earned money on anything made in China. The guy was well we can make more money by doing this I said buy American because when we are making the goods we can afford to enter into more draws go on more hunts etc etc. I have my in-laws, a couple of their friends and a couple my friends go to these Banquets that never have hunted and have no interest in hunting to spend money at these events in the raffles etc to try and win something for me my mother is the go to person for that unless it’s has to do with anything handguns. We all pay the $35 dinner price which is a bargain and everyone buys the $200 raffle ticket packs for $100 dollars so just in that is $1,000 not counting buying the special raffles tickets for guns, gear, hunts, etc that range from $25 to $100 a chance so it adds up. Now will we quit going? No but if any item is made in China, Vietnam etc we will not be putting our tickets in that bucket.
So do you care are don’t care?

thanks
Plenty of Asian elk hunters, many are retired airline pilots.
Captain Sum Ting Wong
We Tu Lo
Ho Lee Fuk
Bang Ding Ow

and many others.
0A88F51B-7C59-46FD-A01F-73C5082660F0.jpeg

Most of us wouldn't be buying much these days because a lot of goods that aren't completely Chinese contain plenty of Chinese-made components.

Over the last two weeks, I've bought three kitchen gadgets on eBay. Although I bought them from US vendors, all three have "made in China" on them, and I'd bet the farm no one in the US makes similar items. If they did, the price would likely be double or triple.

Same for the computers & phones all of you are using to access this site. :rolleyes:

Here's another goofy thing I found a while back.

I have owned a Delta 12" planer for about 20 years now & have always bought replacement sets of two 12 1/2" blades either direct from Delta or at Home Depot. Cost was usually between $25-30. In any case, they are ALL clearly labeled, "Made in China," as were the originals.

So I searched on ebay. The last set I bought in 2019 cost me $14.98 & came direct from China w/free shipping. They have since came down to about $22 on Amazon, etc. but shipping is not included.

In a related aside...

A gal on another site I visit sharpens knives, chisels, etc. So before I bought the last set of planer blades I asked her how much it would be to sharpen one of my old sets. The cost was $1.50 per inch. Now, the blades each have both edges honed for double usage; wear one side out & just rotate the blades. That means each blade consists of 25 inches to sharpen for a grand total of $37.50 per blade or $75 for the set.

I might be Italian & a bit hard headed, but I'm nowhere near that stupid. She really got upset when I told her the reality of my spending that to sharpen a set just ain't gonna happen when I can buy FIVE NEW sets for $75 & just go the disposable route.

Many youtube videos on caribou and moose hunting in Alaska are put there by Hmong. Jacked up 4X4s, Argos, and side by sides ripping the place up like a Utard gone mad. I don't think they have any rules up there. Just like in California, if it moves, they kill it. If it's possible to wipe out the fish and game in Alaska, the Hmong will.

I rejoined the NRA and passed on their magazine and all their free China made junk.

All but a very few electric bikes are made in China.

Many youtube videos on caribou and moose hunting in Alaska are put there by Hmong. Jacked up 4X4s, Argos, and side by sides ripping the place up like a Utard gone mad. I don't think they have any rules up there. Just like in California, if it moves, they kill it. If it's possible to wipe out the fish and game in Alaska, the Hmong will.
and.... when they do it, and get away with it......... most others that see it, believe they’re justified in doing do it too. So, if the Hmong’s don’t wipe it out, everybody else will.

I heard from friends in the Midwest that much of the same goes on there.

I rejoined the NRA and passed on their magazine and all their free China made junk.

Many years ago, I was friends with many of the staff at AZ Highways magazine. Way back then, they were having it printed in Japan -- the China of the times.. The editor told me that even with the shipping it was 1/2 the cost of having it done locally.

I bet now it's China, and although this is just a guess, I would bet the ranch that all the other AZ state agencies, including the AGFD, farm out their major printing jobs to China.

This 192-pg book by Bob Hirsch that contains many of my photos was printed in Japan in 1986. New copies are no longer available anywhere, but I had several copies I recently sold online & still have one left for $40 shipped. :rolleyes:

outdoorsinAZ.jpg.901f760a614cfd3058d15cbb7b45d949.jpg

Many years ago, I was friends with many of the staff at AZ Highways magazine. Way back then, they were having it printed in Japan -- the China of the times.. The editor told me that even with the shipping it was 1/2 the cost of having it done locally.

I bet now it's China, and although this is just a guess, I would bet the ranch that all the other AZ state agencies, including the AGFD, farm out their major printing jobs to China.
In a not so round-about way, the US raised the debt ceiling, China loans the government more money, the US government gives the money it’s borrowed from China to Americans, who don’t have to work, who use the money they get from the US government, that the US borrowed from China, to buy products made in China.

You can’t make his sh!t up.

In a not so round-about way, the US raised the debt ceiling, China loans the government more money, the US government gives the money it’s borrowed from China to Americans, who don’t have to work, who use the money they get from the US government, that the US borrowed from China, to buy products made in China.

You can’t make his sh!t up.
And the Waltons get even richer!!!

laughhyena.gif

Distribution is a profitable business...... when you’re the only business allowed to open, during a pandemic....... figuratively speaking. The liquor stores were still open.

I never buy anything from China if I can find a locally-made alternative. I know that some say close economic ties with China are our best security, but I cannot see pouring money into the economy of our greatest potential adversary. It is amazing how much we give them in return for absolutely useless crap. The billions dollars of fidget spinners and beanie babies we give our children will fund the weapons systems that take their lives if we ever come to blows.

Oh Lumpy how much I love that turn key because inside those tins was delicious goodness like Sardines, Vienna sausage, potted meat,
(no Spam for me) and all the others! OMG I forgot my most favorite Anchovies! It raises my blood pressure through the roof but I don‘t care their Awesome

One of the funniest things ever is when an elderly woman uses the term "Chinaman". My MIL is pretty racist so I get her going when I tell her that we're going to hire a Filipino woman to come in and take care of her when she loses her faculties. It's hilarious.....

they been all chinese for twenty years.....glad you finally noticed
Homer… NO YOUR WRONG! DU has been but RMEF hasn’t always done that. Anything that DU sells is made in China or some other third world country! It really doesn’t matter it’s up to the consumer If you want to enrich a country that treat the people as worker bees steal American ideas and patterns lets loose a pandemic on the World that killed hundreds of thousands of people so Xing can save face to his people because that’s the biggest thing to them is saving faceL BECAUSE TRUMP broke it off in his A$$ with the 25% Tariffs and my money is still on that, that was the case of the COVID PANDEMIC!
Although I’ve been wrong before just ask Mrs Sikora LOL!

One of the funniest things ever is when an elderly woman uses the term "Chinaman". My MIL is pretty racist so I get her going when I tell her that we're going to hire a Filipino woman to come in and take care of her when she loses her faculties. It's hilarious.....
Wiszard that’s funny right there!
I have a good one too not to try and out do you but
Mrs Sikora‘s mom is Mexican so Mrs Sikora is only 35% Mexican after the DNA testing so she doesn’t look like she’s Mexican as much but her brother Jr is over 50% and you can differently tell he is
Now one Saturday afternoon Mrs Sikora comes into the bedroom where I was watching hunting shows laughing her bottom off she proceeds to tell me that she asked Jr to come over Sunday and cut our grass that way our neighbors will think we’re rich! Now don’t start with the racist crap it’s a brother and sister having fun!

And....Joe, neither the roll up knife nor the contents are made in China. There should be some kind of MM Award for that tidbit. A triple hitter...... 1. A joesikora gourmet delight. 2. A roll up knife. 3. Not made in China.

ding-ding-ding.......winner, winner, winner

Personally Joe I’d rather eat a raw oyster than a sardine..........?

Chicken Dinner!
Oh DeLoss I forgot to say how much I love Oysters on the Half Shell I must confess I do need cocktail sauce
LOL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom