Dogs

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
A gal that lived next door to me had moved away to Fort Hall. I just read that dogs killed her son and ripped her up really bad too. What a sad deal. I guess the wrong place to be at the right time. I sure hope they are being euthanized.

Were they someone's pets or wild? They have packs of wild dogs out there that attack and kill livestock and sometimes people.....

I'll go out on a limb and say it was likely pit bulls.

Everyone who owns one says their dog is so sweet and nice, until it snaps. Worthless breed in my opinion with way too many attacks on people.

A4B043AF-929E-4CF8-BD74-FC757346C1FC.jpeg

Years ago my wife was attacked by one of our dogs. He had slept between us the night prior (and many other nights) He had alerted on some of her seizures (post heart attack brain damage) when she was having seizures...no more, with proper meds.

I happened to be in a hospital bed recovering from new knee surgery. She had returned home to take care of the dogs....feed, outside for some exercise, etc. I tried calling. No luck. Tried again. No luck. I called her mom. Her mom honked the horn long enough for him to be distracted so she could get out the back door and collapse in the back yard. Care flight to hospital.

The male dog attacked her with no warning. The only thing different was that she entered our house through the back door.

245 staples, 43 days in wound care. UPDATE...Shoulda been 43 days in the hospital; 3 months in wound care.

He was euthanized as soon as I was well enough to take him in.

I taught one semester of Mammalian Physiology for the vet department at college just prior to getting sucked in by the Navy and called on an old friend to do a post mortem on my dogs brain.

He had a pea sized tumor on his Amygdala, which is the part of all mammalian brains that has control of temper/emotions. Certainly not his fault, but ya just cant take chances.

There was no way to predict what happened.

Last edited:
You ever had one, or you just post stupid charts off the internet? mtmuley
My wife’s family had one and it went rogue and bit a family member, so yeah, no immediate plans to have one near my family.

You might not like the chart I posted, but it is real data. You can accept it or not-your call, but keep your head on a swivel if you own a rott or pit bull.

Wow! Brutal for sure.

Islas tried to pull the animals off Kellan but was unable to, so she laid on top of him to protect his body from further harm, at which point the dogs began attacking the woman.

I hope the owners pay for many years for their stupid pack of dogs. That is a helluva way to die and why can't people keep their dogs at home.
I know a couple people who carry scars from savage dogs. So many people think dogs are worth more than people. They could care less if their mutts bark 24/7. I wanted to poison some a few times. I've had dogs and I trained them right. Many don't know how and don't care.

Facts don’t lie. Some people might get good pits or rotties, but those breeds have a propensity to go off the rails. Part of that is enhanced by the type of people (some, not all) that go for those breeds and encourage that behavior from them.
Therin lies most of the problem. Any dog can "go off the rails". Usually the dog isn't under control of the owner. I've had three Rottweilers, with a fourth coming soon. Never felt like I had to "keep my head on a swivel". Too bad people are scared. Chosen correctly Rotts are intelligent, loyal and great family dogs. But, I don't have a chart. mtmuley

Therin lies most of the problem. Any dog can "go off the rails". Usually the dog isn't under control of the owner. I've had three Rottweilers, with a fourth coming soon. Never felt like I had to "keep my head on a swivel". Too bad people are scared. Chosen correctly Rotts are intelligent, loyal and great family dogs. But, I don't have a chart. mtmuley
Not arguing your point. We have a 110+# Giant Schnauzer. Without training, he would be a handful. They are primarily used as police/military dogs in Germany.
Back to the chart, not a lot of labs and Goldens on there. The pits and rots stand out. Good reason for that. I hope yours continue to be good luck for you.

Not arguing your point. We have a 110+# Giant Schnauzer. Without training, he would be a handful. They are primarily used as police/military dogs in Germany.
Back to the chart, not a lot of labs and Goldens on there. The pits and rots stand out. Good reason for that. I hope yours continue to be good luck for you.
If you are careless about choosing and training a big powerful dog, you might get burned. It ain't like getting a lab. mtmuley

A family member had a pit and it had the exact same thing Fedoc explained. It was the weirdest thing. The dog was always loving on people until one day it was mean as hell. Right away they took it to the vet where it promptly attacked the vet tech. The vet has a past with this dog and knew it was not normal behavior. They ended up putting it down right away. The vet explained about the tumor and that it was basically over anyway.

I was shed antler hunting and found two abandoned dogs. Normally I shoot them and go about my way. The adult dog was wagging its tail and I couldn’t just execute it. I brought both dogs home 200 miles away and kept them for a few days. Both were German Shepard mixes. One was young, probably the last surviving pup and the other was probably the mom. The older one was rough with the younger one and one day I found a small chunk of tissue missing from its muzzle. I got rid of them when my family came over and the older one was growling at my sister through the sliding glass door. I knew if they got out of my yard they were going to hurt something.

If you are careless about choosing and training a big powerful dog, you might get burned. It ain't like getting a lab. mtmuley
So many people say that- especially the ones that have had a dog or two of that breed and base their feelings on it. It is like people who say they have smoked all their life and haven't had cancer....

I had a pit for 15 years until I had to put him down due to old age. But, as scary as he was when he came tearing around that corner of my house when I came home, he always knew who the alpha dog was--me. My kids loved that big bastard too.

So many people say that- especially the ones that have had a dog or two of that breed and base their feelings on it. It is like people who say they have smoked all their life and haven't had cancer....
I'm not gonna argue this **** with people that haven't had the breed. I have over 30 years owning Rotts. Have fun. mtmuley

Ive raised Fila Brasileiro dogs for years. They are territorial about everything they own and are especially stranger aggressive.

Away from their stuff, they are manageable.

Ya Rots are loyal but very protective of their owners thus more attacks.

Back when I was a kid our neighbor had a black lab. Loyal to his owner and heck of a bird dog but was very territorial. I got a bite on the ankle from him and my grandpa had a good bite on his thigh. Owner had to put him down.

That is terrible - I was wrong on the pit bull, but rottweilers are probably a close second to pit bulls on the worthless scale.
It's never a Golden or Labrador Retriever, and they're the most popular dogs in America. Even if they bite, they don't maul.

And before somebody takes offense, see Google search results below...

Screenshot_20230126_183953_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230126_184033_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230126_190055_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Facts don’t lie. Some people might get good pits or rotties, but those breeds have a propensity to go off the rails. Part of that is enhanced by the type of people (some, not all) that go for those breeds and encourage that behavior from them.
I get so angry when I see some little child slaughtered by the family pit bull and EVERY FREAKING TIME the parent says, "I don't know what happened, he's never been aggressive before." THEY ALL SAY THE SAME THING.

Anybody that can read the facts knows the propensity of pit bulls and rottweilers to fatality maul people, often children.

The response of, "Well I own them and mine are nice so they must all be nice," carries as much weight with me as saying, "Well I drive drunk and I've never hit anybody so drunk driving isn't really dangerous."

Just because a specific canine hasn't mauled anybody doesn't change the fact that certain breeds are more aggressive than others. The only alternative explanation would be that the type of people that choose to own pit bulls or rottweilers are more likely to raise aggressive dogs. I don't think the numbers can be interpreted that way at all.

I get so angry when I see some little child slaughtered by the family pit bull and EVERY FREAKING TIME the parent says, "I don't know what happened, he's never been aggressive before." THEY ALL SAY THE SAME THING.

Anybody that can read the facts knows the propensity of pit bulls and rottweilers to fatality maul people, often children.

The response of, "Well I own them and mine are nice so they must all be nice," carries as much weight with me as saying, "Well I drive drunk and I've never hit anybody so drunk driving isn't really dangerous."

Just because a specific canine hasn't mauled anybody doesn't change the fact that certain breeds are more aggressive than others. The only alternative explanation would be that the type of people that choose to own pit bulls or rottweilers are more likely to raise aggressive dogs. I don't think the numbers can be interpreted that way at all.
Be careful, Rottie owners know everyone is wrong. Lol

And just like some Horse Breeds are high strung. All dog breeds have different traits.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna argue this **** with people that haven't had the breed. I have over 30 years owning Rotts. Have fun. mtmuley
Well bred Rotts are fun to be around, and have around you for protection/companionship.

Poorly bred Rotts, or any other dog, can be pretty shi**y to be around. Not a lot different than careless gun owners. With any dog, choose your bloodlines well; don't go the cheap route.

How many Border Collie pups have you seen naturally pull a point on a bird? How many Great Danes do you see herding a flock of sheep? Have you ever seen a St. Bernard sitting in a duck blind? Dogs have characteristics that are instinct to their breed. You can train a dog all you want, but you will never train the instinct out of them. Fact.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom