Don jr. Meateater

I think that having a first child who is an avid hunter is an absolutely incredible opportunity for all of us! I'm stunned that anybody that would take the time to visit a hunting website wouldn't agree. I guess people just can't fathom that someone in his position is in anyway similar to us. Down to earth, powerful, rich people are my favorite kind! They are who I want my boys to grow up to be like!

Don Jr is a great steward of hunting, fishing, and the outdoors. I really enjoyed listening to him. Like his Dad, he has a PHD in common sense life experience, and he knows how to make a difference and get things done. He also looks out for the little guy. It's the little guy that protects the future of hunting, and access, which we all love.

I agree he should run in 2024!

Not much of a politics guy myself, but last year, Don Jr, his girlfriend, and entourage came here to Fredericksburg Tx. He was a guest of one of the members at my golf course. He specifically asked to not shut the place down just because he was coming in. My son and I were out playing that day and when we came in, they were all in the men's locker room. Our course gets very little daily play as it is more of a second or third home for most of the members and very few live here full time. He took the time to come over and introduce himself to my son and me. We talked for a few minutes about kids, golf, hunting, etc. Seemed very down to earth and pretty easy to talk to. He left and went to another part of the club to film a spot on Fox News with his girl and we went on our way. I heard from the staff they stayed up very late with skeet shooting and then cocktails and cigars. I was very impressed with everything about him.

Before Steve told him he was one of us.

Did you listen to it DW?

Steve seemed a little uneasy at first too.

Randy Newberg had on Ted Roosevelt III a while back. That's what I expected Jr to be like. A rich, pompous, blowhard who needs a guide to put his hat on for him.

We've all seen the "hunters" like Eva Sockey or Kendall Jones or TR3, who get paraded around as "one of us", yet really have done nothing but be pretty, or ride dads coattails, or use 5 star hunting lodges for business meetings.

My thoughts, and i remember the subject coming up a few years ago, was that it was good that he HAS hunted, that its better than that he didnt.

Sounded like it was a passion thing more than a business meeting thing. That was good for me to hear. And good for hunters in general.

Plus. My gawd. Kimberly? She was the end on panel discussions for a reason, and that's on Fox where there's more blondes than in Playboy. Jr has good taste in companions.

That was a good listen. I've always felt that he would be an asset to hunters and anglers in the administration. I don't know how much influence he has behind the scenes, but I hope so. I hope his statements on the Pebble Mine have an impact.

I was in Senator Barrasso's office last December and Barrasso told me that Trump Jr and Senator Barrasso's daughter went whitetail hunting in NE Wyoming in the Black Hills last November. The Senator said Trump Jr had a great time and was planning to come back this fall. I agree. for his background, Trump Jr. seems like a stand-up guy and and an asset to our hunting community.

There is/was a long interview with Jr on Bowsite a few years ago, too busy to see if it's still there. But it was clear from the interview he was a hard core hunter, certainly not just a "rich kid". One interesting aspect was he got much of his early outdoor passion from his grandfather in Europe (Czechoslovakia?), on his mother's side.

I have a friend who shared a camp with him a few years ago on a hunt and had nothing but good things to say about him after a week of hunting

If a guy was a A-hole, it would have shown up on a week long hunting trip. Sounds like he is down to earth.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom