Donating an Antelope Tag

Hello all,
Recently I found out that I was "awarded" an antelope tag for turning in a poacher and his subsequent conviction of the crime.
My question is weather this tag can be donated? I would rather see this tag go to HOAL or a similar organization. For me, I would rather see a deserving person benefit from the poachers misdeed.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Coyotebuster

Yeah, I plan to do that also. But, sometimes the folks that put these things together or the in-state hunters that know the regs by heart have better information than DWR.
Thanks,
Coyotebuster

That is mighty noble of you to do, but I would definitely consider you a "deserving" person for that tag. Anyone who turns in a poacher who gets convicted is definitely deserving of some type of reward.

I assume you are in Utah. I don't believe Utah allows the donation of tags like Arizona and perhaps some other states, but it is worth looking into.

Good luck with whatever happens to the tag!

Nope they wouldn't let me. Mine wasn't as noble though. You could take the money and donate it if you want. If not, enjoy your hunt!

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Go enjoy a nice goat hunt Buster.
You sound like you are as deserving as anyone.

I'll tell you what I'll do for you YOTEBUSTER. I'll take that tag off your hands and I won't say a word to anything about it! How does that sound? Just kidding....

If they don't allow you to donate it, maybe you could take a novice hunter on the hunt with you to show them the ropes of goat hunting. That would be a good deed and whoever you take can drag that SOB out for you!! Good luck with whatever happens. You're a good guy to offer to donate it.

Steve

Thanks for your comments, it looks like the tag cannot be transfered as was stated here.
Maybe I can get some unit info from someone that knows the unit when the tag arrives.
Thanks again,
CB08

Anybody know how that process works?

I turned in 3 guys that were poaching deer and watched as they were hauled away by the sheriff. I later found out they were all convicted of poaching. Do you need to submit some form to receive the "turning in poacher" permits? I never pursued it because that was not the reason I turned the bastards in, just reading this kinda makes me wonder.

LAST EDITED ON May-10-10 AT 10:24AM (MST)[p]In my case the investigation lasted a couple of years, when they got arrested I was notified, and when they were convicted I was again notified they had been, and was informed that I was eligable for the tag.
The CO on the case kept me informed during the investigation, even if it was to tell me that they were still working on it.
CB08

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom