Donating meat?

nocwalker

I have been told there a tons of bear in unit 21 and to get a tag to go along with my deer tag. Not sure if I want to do this yet but I will consider it to help with the management of bears if there is an over population.

I'm not interested in bringing the meat back to Pa if I were to shoot one. I would want to donate if possible. Is there an org that I can donate it to?
and
Someone on here mentioned to me they would be interested in the meat. I looked at the rules and I think it says the recipient would need to put thier tag on the meat if over 20lbs. Am I reading that correct?

Nocwalker

I have been told there a tons of bear in unit 21 and to get a tag to go along with my deer tag. Not sure if I want to do this yet but I will consider it to help with the management of bears if there is an over population.

I'm not interested in bringing the meat back to Pa if I were to shoot one. I would want to donate if possible. Is there an org that I can donate it to?
and
Someone on here mentioned to me they would be interested in the meat. I looked at the rules and I think it says the recipient would need to put thier tag on the meat if over 20lbs. Am I reading that correct?

Nocwalker

and

Nocwalker
Also, I am pretty certain that over 20 pound limit is only on unprocessed raw meat. Cut and wrap it and you can donate any amount to anyone. If you are willing to pay the processing then you can send it to whoever you want and any amount

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom