DON'T BUY PEPSI, THE NEW CAN

M

manny15

DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN!

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building, and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge, "Under God."

Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone. In that case, we don't want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office, either.... So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they will not be offended when they don't receive our money that has the words "In God We Trust" on it.

You'd know since you eat it all the time.

Mike
at235.gif

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-05 AT 05:58AM (MST)[p]
Who gives a sh!t if it dosent say "under god"? It is just a f-ing pop can! Get over it!
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

Originally it started out as Dr. Pepper that was the culprit. Definately an urban legend. What grabs my groin is that the religous right seems to pass on things like these as if they were gospel without concern for the truth.

BeanMan

Good one Dakota. Those cows are always munching on something. That's why the farmer keeps them seperated in their own stalls.

Beanman? I guess I'm guilty once again of believing what I've read, and besides this post was meant for those who give a damb about our founding fathers being Christians, I believe we owe them a debt of gratitude?. All you have to do is take a look at the post and then move on to a post that suites your liking?.

It's incredible how some (Dakota-kid) here can be little childish?like I said just move on, if my post is offensive then it's up to the moderator to remove it'simple ain?t it...I've been harrased by worse....

read the story for your self.....there is some truth to it...

Origins: Although there once was some truth to the item quoted above, the information it contains is long outdated and never had anything to do with Pepsi or Coca-Cola. Neither soda company is producing, or has ever produced, redesigned cans bearing any portion of the Pledge of Allegiance or an image of the Empire State Building. This issue concerns a special patriotic can design produced by Dr Pepper back in November 2001, a can which was marketed for a limited time and has been off of store shelves for three years now (since February 2002).

The brouhaha began in mid-November 2001, when the Dr Pepper soft drink company, in response to the terrorist attacks on America a few months earlier, introduced a new can design featuring the Statue of Liberty with the words "ONE NATION . . . INDIVISIBLE" from the Pledge of Allegiance displayed above it:

Dr Pepper did not print the entire Pledge of Allegiance on their cans while leaving out the words 'under God'; they invoked the Pledge of Allegiance by using a mere three words from the pledge.

However, because the three words Dr Pepper chose to use were the words surrounding the phrase 'under God' (which was not itself part of the original pledge as written by Francis Bellamy in 1892 but was added to the pledge by an act of Congress in 1954) the new patriotic can design prompted calls for boycotts from some religious groups and news media who maintained that Dr Pepper had "omitted 'under God'" from their version of the Pledge (because it falls where Dr Pepper used ellipses) and publicized the issue by encouraging a campaign of sending e-mail and letters of complaint to the Dr Pepper company:

Manny,

What grabs my groin is that your post was not true and that makes it dishonest. Pepsi had nothing to do with it, they don't own Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper (Schweppes bottling company) made a Patriotic gesture with their can. What has this got to do with our founding fathers? They didn't even have soda pop AND they didn't see fit to include the words Under God in the pledge of alliegence.

I am a Christian, I just don't like self induced blindness.

BeanMan

"I am a Christian, I just don't like self induced blindness."

kool words are you edgamacated....

are you kidding me? i'm supposed to boycott pepsi, or dr pepper, whoever because they don't have "under god" printed on soda cans?

on that thought, would you boycott money if they took the words "under god" off of it?

Krusty.jpg

>are you kidding me? i'm supposed
>to boycott pepsi, or dr
>pepper, whoever because they don't
>have "under god" printed on
>soda cans?
>
>on that thought, would you boycott
>money if they took the
>words "under god" off of
>it?
>
>
>
Krusty.jpg

well by that time the anti-christ should be into power....will you..?..LOL....

>
>It's incredible how some (Dakota-kid) here
>can be little childish?

Manny,

Would you like to explain why you are attacking me? My comment was directed at udderdelite and his Pepsi tates like a$$ comments, I said nothing to you or about you.

Mike
at235.gif

Dakota' my apologies....

Eric' get your head out the sand and take a deep breath, he's coming, sooner or later...

Beanman' there was some truth to the rumor, except it was Dr, pepper not Pepsi....

If you believe there is no God, then you should leave this post alone, but if you do then post away, but so far nay Sayers are complaining about it, if it interests me I post it, it's that simple, but if you get pist, then your of the breed that removed prayer from school...

Just like the owner of that toy store (you know the one with the big giraffe) I won't mention it's name, she's a practicing witch, I hope people are informed "who care of these things" and boycott her store also...

We gotta stand up for something in this life, this is a major problem here in the states, most don't give a rats arse, just give my cave and my T, V and leave me alone, if this was about PETA & mule deer you guys would rip one out....?....

Dude, I am not the one with his head in the sand and a set of blinders on. And I, like everyone else on this site, am free to post on any thread whether you like it or not. By the way, I am an Atheist that dosent care if there is prayer in schools or not. It should the kids choice.
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

manny, if the can said all of the pledge but not the words under god, i would agree with you. but to boycott dr. pepper because of what they put on the can is rediculous. it was clearly just a patriotic tribute.

i'm sick of all of these wackos complaining about even the mention of god, but it seems to me that you may be just as wacko if you think that this can is somehow an insult to christianity. i think you should settle down just a touch.

>Dude, I am not the one
>with his head in the
>sand and a set of
>blinders on. And I,
>like everyone else on this
>site, am free to post
>on any thread whether you
>like it or not.
>By the way, I am
>an Atheist that dosent care
>if there is prayer in
>schools or not. It
>should the kids choice.
>
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

>
>
>
>Eric

DUDE"

Psa 14:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David The fool hath said in his heart There is no God, there is none that doeth good...

I didn't say it the Bible did.....

Which interpretaion of that fictitious book? If you want to debate it in an adult manner, I would be glad to, but this is not the propper forum to do so.
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

Manny... Not that you need it, but "I got your back" I am a christian, and I too would be offended if this rumor was true.

>Manny... Not that you need it,
>but "I got your back"
> I am a christian,
>and I too would be
>offended if this rumor was
>true.

OLD OREGON'

Thanks, & Kool, I just put it out there, some people respond negatively, I can't help that, the truth shall make you free!....

polarbear'

I in no wise pretend to be perfect, I just care a great deal about some issue's, no matter how frivolous they are to people like you, Debate..?.. Debate what, Gods existence, no thanks, lets just put it this way...

If I'm wrong about Gods existence and I live according to the Bible, what have I to lose, just some time on Sunday morn, preaching & teaching...

However, if your wrong about Gods existence and he does exist, and you live contrary to the Bible, then I must assume H-e-l-l exists also, I'd say Atheist's, such as yourself have much more to lose then I....?....

I also assume this post will shortly be removed cause of my statement about H-e-l-l .....but hey don't sweat the small stuff....

Manny
Maybe I should explain myself. Just because I dont believe in a "supreme being" dosent mean that I dissagree with some of the values and disciplines that go along with the belief. I actually think that the vast majority of the morals and values taught in the bible are excellent guidelines to live by. Both of my girls have been babtised and go to summer bible school. It is what my wife believes and it is not my place to deny her beliefs. The only part that I have a problem with is those who have liven a life of debauchery now damning me because I do not believe. Heck, I have lived a cleaner life than well over 95% of the folks in my wifes church, but I am concidered damned to h-e-l-l because I havent surrendered my life to the almighty. What I am trying to say is that I feel that everyone should be entitled to beleive as they wish as long as it does not hurt, degrade, chastize or alienate others who do not feel the same.
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

Eric'

Well put, but where else you gonna find hypocrites, but in church, the Bible is clear, that it's not by being good that makes us right with GOD,

Eph 2;v8 For ye are saved by grace, through faith; and this not of yourselves it is God?s gift: v9) not on the principle of works, that no man should boast.

John CHAPTER 14;v6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father, but by me.

Romans CHAPTER 10;9 because if you shall confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shall believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved: 10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto Salvation,

I know I'm pushing religion here on a hunting site, but every one deserves to hear truth, maybe your wife is prayin for you.?. I don't believe this was a fluke this post was posted....

My priorities in life
---------------------
1, God
2, wife
3, family
4, friends
5, BUCK HUNTING....well maybe 4&5 are outta order...

Manny... Thank you so, so much for putting that up here for all to see. I love knowing that there are other christians out there. It is important that we stand for what we believe, even if it is on hunting site!

What a profound statement - "you are saved by grace, through faith. This is not of your selves, IT IS A GIFT OF GOD. "

Polarbear, who cares how good you've been. It matters to nobody. You don't need to be better than 95% of the people in your wives church. God gives you a place in heaven, if you just have faith in christ, it is not something you have to work for by being a goody two shoes. Christ waas already perfect, so that we don't have to be. If it was possible to be perfect, then christ wouldn't have had to die for us, and we would get to heaven by being good. Unfortunaltly, Adam and eve made a mistake, and sin entered the world, the only way we can be free of this sin is to aceept christ's punishment for sins that he did not commit, in our stead. IT IS A FREE GIFT. Why is it so hard for some people to accept the free gift of eternal life.

Manny- "Go therefore and make desiples of all the nations"
All the nations- including rigth here at monstermuleys.com-
Stay strong bro.

Jordan,

Thanks, apparently you live in prime mule country, I'm moving to goldhill OR. in spring, maybe I'll get drawn up thata way in the near future.....whats the elk situation like up there....Manny

I do live in prime mule deer country. Some of the best high country, timberline mule deer hunting in the west. I d love to show you around if you do get drawn, and that goes for anyone on this site. The elk situation hasn't been so hot lately. Calf survival is down, and bull to cow ration is down too. But you wouldn't know that without seeing statistics. The hunting has been great lately, and Ive been seeing a lot of really nice big bulls around. I saw more bulls last year than Ive ever seen. And with the easy winter we've been having this year, I suspect that good nubers, adn good survival rates are goign to become a trend.

later guys...

O-O
I am far from being a "goody two shoes". I have a problem with the idea that I can go through life without ever taking drugs, abusing alcohol or tobacco, commiting adultery, harming another human, and so on, while a person can be the biggest, most hanus person on earth and still get a "get out of jail free card" if he, at the last minute, takes the lord into his heart. To me it is too much like liberal Democrats. There is no reward for doing right without compromise. And by the way, I have read the bible front to back several times so I am not basing my opinion on a blind hunch. I grew up going to church every sunday.
My wife does belive but does not attend church except on special occasions. Does that make her doomed to eternal damnation? Just wondering.
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

Eric,

That's when Judgment day come's into play, God will weed out the wheat from the tares, i.e.: phony?s from true believers... as far as going to church, God is more concerned about weather you have excepted his son as your Lord and Savior, then your attendance in a building, however, God is also concerned with your fellowship with other believers...we are to encourage and pray for each other...

Polarbear... I agree. In fact that is my biggest question about the bible. I have discussed this with length with several people, and I have coem to believe. Although we all will be rewarded with eternal life if we believe in christ, some will be better rewarded than others. what that means in the end, none of us will ever know on earth. But I think that soem will be better rewarded in heaven than others.

I also wsant to thank you for discussing this in an adult manner, some would just bash and name call.... I really apreciate it, thanks.

No prob O-O. I relly feel that everyone is entitled to their own spiritual beliefs without persecution. Just because I might not agree with something dosent make it wrong for others.
My real doubts started, and was compounded over the past 7 years or so. I have been watching my Mother In-Law slowly be tortured by cancer for the past 7 years. Her last 3 years were brutal. My question was that if there is a caring supreme being why would he let someone like her who was the salt of the earth, attended and volunteered at church, took time out to help others etc, spend so much time in sheer agony? She finally passed at home the week before Christmas this year with the whole family at her side. Her last few days were so miserable that she had to be medicated to the point of being almost comatose. I just dont get how that can be for the betterment of others.
Bird-01.gif
drrsancm.gif

Eric

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-05 AT 10:53AM (MST)[p]Eric'

That's a heavy question, and with very few answers, I do understand where your coming from, having lost my mom thru illness, who was also a devout believer, think of this, Why did Jesus a sin-less guiltless man, have to suffer @ the hands of executioners, being whipped beyond recognition as a man, & to be nailed to the cross, because it was a part of Gods plan of redemption for humanity, good news was Jesus rose from the dead, to build that place called heaven for us all, that answer may not seem comforting but...

When God told Adam & Eve if they eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they would surely die, well did they die..?.. not physically but spiritually they did, they also lost relationship with God, and by their sin of disobedience the curse of sin entered the world & the bi-product of sin is illness & suffering ect:?

As I said this is a hard issue to deal with, and we may never know the complete answer, though I have my own thoughts, such as ?Satan brings illness to everyone and it rains on the Just and the unjust alike, I do know this, that all those years of suffering your mother in-law endured here on earth, are being greatly rewarded in heaven & the pain is all gone, and she'd love nothing more then her family joining her up there when it's all said and done?So I would ask that no one would get bitter against God about it & know he understands your pain, and if you ask he may just give an answer in due time...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom