Don't want to brag...

JPblind

So I got this badboy this morning. Out of the doe and another monster spike he was the biggest. My guess he could go in the high 30's. No I didn't use an outfitter and it was a DIY hunt in the Idaho backcountry 1 mile from the truck. Put the hammer of Thor down on him from a classified sniper position 220 yrds away with the trusty 7mm. Thinking of doing a full body mount in the position he was in when coming at me full charge (the fart I let go must of gave me away). Don't be jealous it's just years of experience and the crappy unit I was in. Now I can concentrate on duck hunting.

1019211000_Burst01.jpg

Dude it still has velvet great job must have been a lot of effort rubbing all that velvet off that huge rack. My faith is restored that true giants roam the hills.

Great write-up, awesome buck, congrats on a true monster muley, you sure earned this one, definitely deserves a full body mount.

LOL reminds me of a kid one year that came out of a quakie patch I was about to go into. He seemed discouraged and I asked how he was. He said rotten as he held his hands about 14" apart to indicate width and said I just missed a 40" two point down the canyon. I said maybe next time.

Last edited:
Good thing the 5k in gear paid for itself on this hunt at around $80 a pound in meat (all organic except for some lead) almost cheaper then the supermarket.

I had tough luck this year! I woulda taken him, too! I saw one buck, a 2x1 (probably travelling with momma still) my whole season. I let him try to get to year TWO. ;)

No but he did bleat when he was shot.
I 've had deer do that a few times. One year, I shot a spike. Apparently, his ma came calling for him, bleating away! I kinda felt sad. From then on, I've kinda passed on the tiny ones!

Yessir that right there is a once in a lifetime mule deer. Opening day shooter for any unit in American and it’s surprising a buck that big would still have velvet. It musta sucked rubbing all that velvet off!!

HOW DARE YOU!! You don't know what challenges this deer had to overcome in his 2 yrs of growth.
Yep, you should have left him to grow for 5-6 more years. I'm sure he would have been in the same spot;). Great story, this made my day!!

Share how it’s done… A guy I know use to swear by it, he has since passed…
search it here on that cooking forum....that's where I got the recipe....bottled death I think....of course only Utards call jars....bottles

Bottled is best meat ever. You need a pressure canner first off.
I cube the meat,
brown it in salt and pepper,
Pack it in a bottle,
Add water - beef bullion and a pinch of dehydrated onion,
Pressure cook it for 90 minutes
Save it on the shelf for over 3 years!
Best venison on earth.
Note. Eat the back straps and tenderloins as steaks fresh. Meat is too delicious to bottle.
The advent of the freezer put bottled meat out of popularity

+1 to what BeDawg said. It is so good! Before
259DEAE2-CA7C-455F-B07A-6A3FC878DE9C.jpeg

After
A84182F3-AC33-40B2-A4BA-367707ECE7B2.jpeg

Perfect with rice or noodles, in enchiladas, as the base for stew, fried up with potatoes. It’s the only way I process deer anymore (other than tenderloins and backstraps fresh or as jerky)

Congrats on the buck JP!

Only a couple questions:

Did you pound a mtn house meal followed by a mtn ops lemon berry mixed in your water while wearing your HUSH gear with flatty pulled low so as to cover your ears to prevent hearing loss from shot?

Did you set the camera up to get some photos of you walking down trail in all your new catalogue gear and clothing to show folks you mean business?

Did you light a fire next to kill with some pyro putty because that is all that works in the mountains (according to those who endorse it)?

Lastly, did you get a picture of you packing that monster off the mountain in one trip?…Because Cheeser and Martin can pack a whole elk in one trip.

Congrats on the buck JP!

Only a couple questions:

Did you pound a mtn house meal followed by a mtn ops lemon berry mixed in your water while wearing your HUSH gear with flatty pulled low so as to cover your ears to prevent hearing loss from shot?

Did you set the camera up to get some photos of you walking down trail in all your new catalogue gear and clothing to show folks you mean business?

Did you light a fire next to kill with some pyro putty because that is all that works in the mountains (according to those who endorse it)?

Lastly, did you get a picture of you packing that monster off the mountain in one trip?…Because Cheeser and Martin can pack a whole elk in one trip.
One more you forgot about…

Did you get a picture of you holding the back straps with the caption “organic”?

Congrats on the buck JP!

Only a couple questions:

Guess you're not a hunter nowdays if you don't market the kill. Two of my 4 gopros I brought out had dead batteries. Switched to the trusty LG phone for the ATLs.

Use to do a lot of canning in Alaska with the landlocked kings (about 10 to 12 is what was stocked) threw in some shaggy manes and onions with them. Also made a lot of pickled pike all from the ice fishing season.
Feel free to PM me your pike ice fishing holes ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom