Don't want to Draw...Lose my CC?

HalfAce

Very Active Member
Hey guys. I have drawn four tags (one was a difficult draw) in three different states this year. The last tag I am in for this year is an Early Kaibab tag with a handful of points. Normally ide love to have this tag but I want to give it a real 100% effort and all my time if I did draw it, but this year that wouldn't be possible.

If I draw, Arizona will not give me my points back if I wanted to return the tag.

So I was thinking I may call my credit card company and tell them I lost my card. So if I did actually draw, I wouldn't receive the tag because my credit card is invalid and so the next guy in line would get the tag.

My question: If I do this, would I still receive a Point?

Thank you for your help. Have a Great 4th of July.

You will not get a point because of the lack of funds when you cancel the card. You will also lose your loyalty point because you will be rejected for lack of funds. You will lose 2 total points if you cancel the card , and it will take you another 5 years to regain the loyalty point. Sorry.

If you don't draw, no worries, you get the point no matter if your card is good or not. Like couesmagnet said. a refused card makes a rejected application which means no point earned and loss of loyalty. Still would be preferable to losing all your points plus being charged for a tag you can't use.

I was almost convinced that I WOULD still get my point even if I did draw, but didn't receive a tag because of a refused card.

That Loyalty point is also something that is very valuable to me and I wouldn't want to have to wait 5 years for that again. It never even crossed my mind that I could lose that.

Coues, Elmer, thank you for your replies.

If I do draw, I will be returning some other tag(s) and making the most of this one. Thanks again.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-13 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]Couesmagnet has it right -- no BP and loss of loyaty point. However, that only happens if you draw and the CC charge doesn't go through. Here's a link to a discussion about it.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forum...is-b-of-a-error/page-2?hl=loyalty#entry366282

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

So basically one can keep the points he already has if he cancels a card, but will not receive a point for that year AND will have to re-start for the loyalty point if he did in-fact draw. Or you will leave your card alone, and take the chance to draw, and possibly draw the tag; or not draw and get your point as well as hold onto your loyalty point.

Tony, Thank you for the link. I looked through it and something else caught my attention. I bank with BofA, and haven't had a problem yet with them declining charges for tags, but this worries me going into the future. I may have to re-think my business with them. I'm also not a fan of their perceived anti gun/hunting reputation.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-13 AT 02:34PM (MST)[p]>So basically one can keep the
>points he already has if
>he cancels a card, but
>will not receive a point
>for that year AND will
>have to re-start for the
>loyalty point if he did
>in-fact draw. Or you will
>leave your card alone, and
>take the chance to draw,
>and possibly draw the tag;
>or not draw and get
>your point as well as
>hold onto your loyalty point.
>

Exactly.

>Tony, Thank you for the link.
>I looked through it and
>something else caught my attention.
>I bank with BofA, and
>haven't had a problem yet
>with them declining charges for
>tags, but this worries me
>going into the future.

You can avoid that happening with a simple phone call to the 800 # on the card. Just tell the rep that you expect one or more charges from G&F and to note such on your account in the computer.

I do the above with my CCs when I travel -- especially to Mexico -- just to avoid declines because the fraud dept. thinks a charge is suspicious. I also provide the dates I'll be gone. That way any charges aftermy return date will be looked at, just in case someone had obtained my card number.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom