dove creek, junction valley, pocatelo valley

muzz

Long Time Member
Anyone hunted or know anyone who has hunted these CWMU's? Please PM me.
Looking for a good hunt for my wife to draw. Info would be appreciated.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Junction Valley is a pretty fun hunt with some neat country. You would definitely see plenty of deer. The "trophy" quality on the other hand isn't very good IMO. With that being said, they kill a few decent bucks on the unit every year. They give out 40+ tags on the unit. I've had tags twice and never killed a buck. Had opportunity, just never found anything that really interested me.

Unless you are the operators family or very lucky you will not have access to the best bucks on junction valley. If you do draw take the early hunt it will give you a better chance of seeing better bucks. Know the rules of the CWMU program and follow up if they are not being followed.

I am quite familiar with the Dove Creek CWMU. My family owns land that boarders the area. There are definitely no shortage of deer on this CWMU, but it is a next to impossible task to find a mature buck. There are three CWMU's all in close proximity that give way too many tags imo. These deer are chased and hunted for two months every year. The country is wide open high desert with Aspen pockets. If you spot a buck the chances are you will be able to make a play on it. If you are fortunate enough to kill a 24" 150 type buck you would be doing well. If you want a hunt where you are looking at deer all day long and willing to put a tag on a smaller buck this would be a great hunt to consider.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom