Draw has begun

HiDesertHunter5

I talked with the company that performs the draw. They started it today and it will be completed within 2 or 3 days of it starting. So should see cards start getting hit not too long after it finishes up......

2-3 days to run a computer program that should take 2-3 minutes to complete? Maybe they should take some of the millions they have made off of our app fee and do a little upgrading.

More likely 2 to 3 minutes to run and then two to 3 days to cross check and QA and make sure everything is 100% in order and accurate.

>2-3 days to run a computer
>program that should take 2-3
>minutes to complete? Maybe they
>should take some of the
>millions they have made off
>of our app fee and
>do a little upgrading.

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

LAST EDITED ON May-09-17 AT 03:11AM (MST)[p]>More likely 2 to 3 minutes
>to run and then two
>to 3 days to cross
>check and QA and make
>sure everything is 100% in
>order and accurate.
>
>>2-3 days to run a computer
>>program that should take 2-3
>>minutes to complete? Maybe they
>>should take some of the
>>millions they have made off
>>of our app fee and
>>do a little upgrading.
>
>
>"You sure you know how to
>skin grizz,
>pilgrim?"

BINGO!

Collecting credit card fees, making up to 3 phone calls to card owners whose cards failed, moving then to alternates, waiting for the DWR to clear all successes for eligibility (license, no violations), and other contract requirements takes time outside of the computer programming and process.

As for the upgrading, that's something Systems Consultants does regularly. They just added a wing to their building a couple of years ago and filled it with new equipment, plus their staff is continually kept up to date with new technics and programs, and they do that plus a whole bunch of other stuff for $3.01 of that $10.00 application fee. I'd say they are doing just fine.

Besides, almost every year the RAC's and Wildlife Board change the way the draw is done and this year was no exception as most of you realized (or will realize when you lose your deer preference points for your 2nd choice).

Finally, if 2 or 3 days is gonna blow your schedule or cost you some sleep or ruin the whole month/year, you probably oughta find yourself another hobby!

I am so happy we don't have to come up with all the fees up front to apply for hunts. When you have 6 in the family that all like to hunt it can be down right expensive to apply for all of you. Being able to pay with a credit card in wonderful for me and my family. Just saying

>I like New Mexico ,pay
>the tag fees up front,that
>will make the draw a
>little quicker.

I don't mind paying up front to help keep some people out and in theory increase odds but i don't think that has anything to do with the speed in which they conduct the drawing.

>
>>I like New Mexico ,pay
>>the tag fees up front,that
>>will make the draw a
>>little quicker.
>
>I don't mind paying up front
>to help keep some people
>out and in theory increase
>odds but i don't think
>that has anything to do
>with the speed in which
>they conduct the drawing.

As the old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for. You may get it"!

I am confident that your timetable is pretty accurate because Nevada sets quotas this Friday and Saturday with results posted two weeks after that. Since the same company handles both state's draws, that means that Utah needs to be pretty much finished up so that they can get to work on getting the Nevada draw done. CC hits in the next day to three days makes perfect sense to me. Good luck everyone.

>I am so happy we don't
>have to come up with
>all the fees up front
>to apply for hunts. When
>you have 6 in the
>family that all like to
>hunt it can be down
>right expensive to apply for
>all of you. Being able
>to pay with a credit
>card in wonderful for me
>and my family. Just saying
>
I agree with that,just thought they could only hold your money for less time like New Mexico.

LAST EDITED ON May-10-17 AT 01:50PM (MST)[p]I'm predicting the 17th (week from today) into that weekend (the 20th). With the majority of the bank account hits being complete by the 22nd-23rd

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

LAST EDITED ON May-10-17 AT 02:02PM (MST)[p]My card got hit for my general tag last year on May 13th. Which was a friday.......so friday May 12 sounds about right to me.

Ya we should start getting hits this Friday through the end of next week...at least that's my prediction...good luck to all!!!!!

So for those of you in the know, because of the sequence of draw will cards get hit first for the more desired tags like sheep, moose and goat, then move to LE tags and finally general deer? Or does the draw happen and then charging the cards is a different affair with no predictability?

>I am so happy we don't
>have to come up with
>all the fees up front
>to apply for hunts. When
>you have 6 in the
>family that all like to
>hunt it can be down
>right expensive to apply for
>all of you. Being able
>to pay with a credit
>card in wonderful for me
>and my family. Just saying
>

I believe we should have to front the license fees; closes another so called "loophole", number of family members holds zero weight. We all know it is coming to apply or not to apply is a choice; as is applying grandma, grandpa, aunt Mae etc. Not that I am saying this is the case here just that it does happen. Is this something I will rant and rave about? No, just my opinion as I think there are more pressing things that should be addressed.

As an example, set the permit numbers THEN open the application period for a month then have the results posted 7 days after the application period closes. If California can do this certainly Utah can.

>So for those of you in
>the know, because of the
>sequence of draw will cards
>get hit first for the
>more desired tags like sheep,
>moose and goat, then move
>to LE tags and finally
>general deer? Or does the
>draw happen and then charging
>the cards is a different
>affair with no predictability?

Everything I've ever seen has just been random. I've seen guys only get hits for deer and others. For elk the same day so pretty sure it's random but Maybe others have had diff experiences.

Page 15 of the application guidebook shows the order of the draw. I would assume that they would hit the cards in the same order.

1. buck deer
2. bull elk
3. buck pronghorn
4. OIL
5. gen buck - lifetime
6. gen buck - dedicated
7. gen buck - youth
8. gen buck
9. youth any bull elk

>Page 15 of the application guidebook
>shows the order of the
>draw. I would assume
>that they would hit the
>cards in the same order.
>
>
>1. buck deer
>2. bull elk
>3. buck pronghorn
>4. OIL
>5. gen buck - lifetime
>6. gen buck - dedicated
>7. gen buck - youth
>8. gen buck
>9. youth any bull elk

i dont think they hit in the same order as drawn. just because thye would have to hit tags multiple times. which i havent seen either. could be wrong tho

Not that it makes a hill of beans difference, I was jut curious. As a non-res I can only draw one tag of any variety so a charge of any kind would be welcome news!

pretty crazy that they don't draw the OIL first. so basically if you draw a LE tag your out of the OIL running from the way it states in the regs. pretty ass backwards

I thought the same thing. Youd never know if you had a chance but I'd imagine most guys would want their chance at a OIL tag over a LE elk or deer tag.

I'm in for the Henry's buck deer with 20 points. Then I am waiting for Nevada drawl results so I will know what to do in the nick of time for the Idaho deadline. What a stressful time of year wow!

Res or NR? What hunt? Archery, muzzleloader, or rifle?

I've got 16 as a Res. and am shooting for the Muzz but am pretty sure I've got a few more years before it pans out for me.

They don't hit cards in the same order as the draw, I've never seen a pattern of any kind. Usually see people posting with general deer hits first, but there are a lot more of those than the rest. But I have seen LE and OIL hits scattered in there as well.

It really seems like a crap shoot honestly. May have to do with peoples names of an alphabetical sort, but broken into sections. Like section #1 A-E #2 F-O #3 P-Z So people from all 3 sections are getting card hits at the same time, but that is just speculation on my part.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I bought points for elk and mountain goats. I did apply for limited entry deer, but I am certain I won't draw the Henry's rifle deer tag with only 4 points.

Now I will have 17 elk, 13 mountain goat, and 5 limited entry deer points for 2018.

I am guessing they will start charging credit cards on Friday the 12th about closing time at the UDWR office.

Good luck everyone.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

So I just checked last years posts about the draw and people started seeing charges on Thursday the 12th, so its already a later start than last year it looks like. Hopefully they start pulling cards today.

Jake H. BIG BONE HUNTING Page on Facebook.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

dillon hit it on the head!

Probably start running CC about quitting time at the DWR,
and the Fallon main qffice.

Avoid the flood of phone calls till Monday.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Take all the worry or uncertainty out of the whole process. Set up your credit card account to send you a text message, anytime there is a "Card not present" transaction or if it is above a certain dollar amount. Never worry about getting hacked or status of draws again.

Blank, you are correct. Setting notifications up is great. But on the other hand, my wife exceeds my limits on occasion and then I get all excited for nothing. Good luck in the draws. I don't expect to draw this year, but my other family members will.

Other factor is different banks/cards post or go pending faster/sooner than others

Pretty sure last time I drew utah I either got notice or some backdoor thing before I saw it in my credit card

My wife said she would like an elk tag for mothers day. Not looking like its gonna arrive in time dang it haha. I guess within the week of mothers day will have to work... i hope.

Nothing happening yet.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom