Draw on? Already happen?

looks like you can delete still. select "review" on each application and in the top right you can delete the application.

But please for the love of god hold the draw so some folks have something to look forward to and can think about something other than this COVID crap.

i just noticed that the results have come out early the last few years. Think that will happen this year?

Any day now. I drew a sweet NV deer tag and it definitely made me feel better. I’m also almost guaranteed to draw my WY Elk tag. But now, I’m facing the issue of potentially having too many tags, especially in the Year of the Corona. I hope one of you draws my NM tag.

Out of 7 apps for myself the last 10 years it would be nice to see at least 2 green rather than just deer, deer, deer , deer, deer, deer, deer. ??????

Green or red is the correct choice when we're talking Hatch peppers.

As for the draw, I dare NM to go green for all my applications!

If I were in charge, you'd get all red on the apps just for calling Hatch Chile, Hatch "peppers"!!! Lol ;) must be a non resi!

Just kidding of course. Good luck to all!!! I hope every single one of you get some "green" on the apps!

ya I am excited to see what we drew me and the family on the years I didn’t draw it seems I had more fun going with the kids and being another set of eyes.

I just want to draw a deer tag with my dad, Id love for him to draw a muzzy bull tag too...

Hunts with Dad are the best. Game and fish had no idea how much money I saved just putting my kids in for hunts and not myself. Watching the kids get their first buck or bull was better than doing it myself.

DayMan

Hunts with Dad are the best. Game and fish had no idea how much money I saved just putting my kids in for hunts and not myself. Watching the kids get their first buck or bull was better than doing it myself.

DayMan
Yes sir DayMan take them hunting and if your lucky you have the best hunting buddy for life. I do

I tried something new this year. I put in for harder to draw units because I should draw a WY antelope and elk tag.

So if I see any green I'll probably faint.

Good luck all!

My dad is still my go to guy! Hope you draw!

IMG_20190404_120055_126.jpg

Any day now. I drew a sweet NV deer tag and it definitely made me feel better. I’m also almost guaranteed to draw my WY Elk tag. But now, I’m facing the issue of potentially having too many tags, especially in the Year of the Corona. I hope one of you draws my NM tag.
Sierra
You must’ve drawn a nonresident guide tag. What Hunt did you get? Thanks

Now the DELETE APP option is gone. Draw could be done anytime! So say your prayers, kiss your lucky charm, do the good luck dance..... whatever if is you do. Ha.

I'll take any of my apps green. And I need a excuse to get back down there and pick up some more of those green chilies too.

If I were in charge, you'd get all red on the apps just for calling Hatch Chile, Hatch "peppers"!!! Lol ;) must be a non resi!

Just kidding of course. Good luck to all!!! I hope every single one of you get some "green" on the apps!

So what is the proper term for the peppers grown in Hatch? We consider those a good starter pepper in Texas. ;)

I remember something about Hatch trying to get a trademark for chile. I love those things. My Dad roasts a bunch every year. I

When does the draw happen? I bet $0.01 it's tomorrow. :)

I remember something about Hatch trying to get a trademark for chile. I love those things. My Dad roasts a bunch every year. I

When does the draw happen? I bet $0.01 it's tomorrow. :)
Hope you're right! Technically it can be done, I am hoping we get results on the 15th. I think we got two weeks of waiting still. At least .

I can remember making calls last year on April 17th coordinating hunt stuff when results came out.

Not necessary. I didn't know different locations spelled it differently... learn new things every day. ?

Normally, chile is a place as in the country Chile. Chili is normally a food as in a pepper or a thick soup or stew, sometimes with beans if you're a texan.

Incorrect word usage (and pronunciation on some cases) over time takes hold to make it culturally correct...

Well , with regard to the intrusion of chile into this thread.....I vote Green...enough on that !!! Please NMGF send me Green results soon. LORD knows we need a bit of relief soon .

Worst case scenario for me: hunting deer in Iowa from October 1st to January 10th and two weeks chasing elk in a really good unit with my bow in Wyoming. Sprinkle in some turkey hunting, fishing trips, and many days afield chasing pheasants and I already have a pretty good couple months ahead - BUT let's pour some gravy on this feast New Mexico.

Normally happens while I am fishing. My phone explodes and I cant do anything about it. Not gonna be a problem this year.

Figures--I'm going to be out of cell range hunting turkeys on Wednesday and Thursday. Now you're tempting me to come back to civilization just to check my emails...

Draw is not done fellas....Not this week....I'll disappear as I always do , then you will have an idea ...Whos going to try turkey?

Sorry my guys , just keepin it real for ya, so you can all go out and mindfully enjoy the days ahead instead of wondering "is it today".....the next couple weeks ar going to be a upward trend , Im hopeful the President starts to open up the country and the NM Governor allows businesses to follow.... Sportsman are passionate about our lifestyles , and this has turned everyones world upside down....Better days to come friends.....

Sorry my guys , just keepin it real for ya, so you can all go out and mindfully enjoy the days ahead instead of wondering "is it today".....the next couple weeks ar going to be a upward trend , Im hopeful the President starts to open up the country and the NM Governor allows businesses to follow.... Sportsman are passionate about our lifestyles , and this has turned everyones world upside down....Better days to come friends.....
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the NM shutdown is delaying the draw or am i reading too much into your post?

NO there is no delay...The printed date is April 29th .....Yes for 4 years the NMDGF has released results early and its been pretty great right...Well I for one wished that the dept would stick to the original printed dates and never release early. It would make alot of jobs(life for those who deal with all the phone calls/emails) easier . Less than a 6 week turn around is still pretty dang fast wouldn't you all agree?

NO there is no delay...The printed date is April 29th .....Yes for 4 years the NMDGF has released results early and its been pretty great right...Well I for one wished that the dept would stick to the original printed dates and never release early. It would make alot of jobs(life for those who deal with all the phone calls/emails) easier . Less than a 6 week turn around is still pretty dang fast wouldn't you all agree?
It should be done within 7 business days.

NM Game and Fish does have a pretty good turnaround time compared to other states. If they have the ability to release results early, why not? Especially with everything that's going on right now. I'm sure alot of people could sure use their refunds sooner rather than later. Some people's financial situation has changed drastically since the application deadline.

Sounds good. It would take the guessing out of it if they stuck to the published date. And yes, NM has been one of the faster states to complete the draw.

well said!! Plus getting notified in late April is great too! Some states have their results in July. I enjoy seeing these posts every year, it’s turned into a real tradition ?.

I have zero complaints with NM turnaround time. 3 weeks after the harvest reports are due works for me! Wish other states would figure it out too.

Just always hopeful that they continue to post early!

It's always been earlier than published, could you image with everything else that is delayed in these crazy times that the draw results were delayed also. We would lose our minds. ??

NM Game and Fish does have a pretty good turnaround time compared to other states. If they have the ability to release results early, why not? Especially with everything that's going on right now. I'm sure alot of people could sure use their refunds sooner rather than later. Some people's financial situation has changed drastically since the application deadline.
And I believe this is the year an early release would be more appreciated by so many in need of any and all financial means..

Let's keep are hopes up for Wednesday, Two years ago the results were posted a week and change after harvest deadline so it's possible to be done this year as well, and being that so many people may be affected by the rona, it would make sense for GF to push them out as early as possible.

I remember the year they screwed up by showing the harvest report option early. They closed that backdoor and made us wait until the published date. I think that was 2015.

I figure I have a 1 in 7.4 (13.5%) chance of drawing a tag. This after $8k in NR app fees.

4% for Oryx
0.5% for Ibex
3.0% for Elk
1.0% for Deer
0.15% for Sheep
5.0% for Pronghorn

With the amount of coin New Mexico takes to put in, they should have the results back in less than a month.

I figure I have a 1 in 7.4 (13.5%) chance of drawing a tag. This after $8k in NR app fees.

4% for Oryx
0.5% for Ibex
3.0% for Elk
1.0% for Deer
0.15% for Sheep
5.0% for Pronghorn
So your saying there’s a chance! That’s all we application nuts need to stay in the game?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom