Draw Question...

elks96

Long Time Member
I looked quickly, but did not see an answer. This year my son and I had a great hunt on the General tags. It will likely be something we might try to do every now and then.

My question is this, if we try for a harder to get quality tag in the draw, does that pretty much eliminate us from getting a general tag for that year? As a WY resident I can put in for the hardest to draw tags and still get a general tag. I am pretty certain that the answer will be no, but just want to check...

Pretty sure there is a check box when you pick the permit that if you don't draw you can either get a refund or get the general tag instead.

In Montana you have to draw the general license before eligible for the limited quota permit. That’s the short version. And the post above is correct, just check the box to retain your general license if unsuccessful in the permit drawing.

In Montana you have to draw the general license before eligible for the limited quota permit. That’s the short version. And the post above is correct, just check the box to retain your general license if unsuccessful in the permit drawing.
Ok thanks. Did not know that. Thought it was either or...

I think one other caveat to mention is that if you were successful in drawing the general tag and unsuccessful with the LE tag that the state of Montana keeps 20% when you receive your refund. Am I correct with that statement fellas?

It’s not a huge issue if you plan on hunting the general tag if unsuccessful.

I think one other caveat to mention is that if you were successful in drawing the general tag and unsuccessful with the LE tag that the state of Montana keeps 20% when you receive your refund. Am I correct with that statement fellas?

It’s not a huge issue if you plan on hunting the general tag if unsuccessful.
Yes you are correct. Montana is a pretty expensive state to apply in if dont plan on hunting the general license.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom