Draw results question

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
Put in for Montana general deer combo for the first time ever this year. I see results should be available the week of April 16th.

Is Montana pretty good about getting results out when they say they will (April 16th), and do they notify you via email or do you check results on their website?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-18 AT 05:40PM (MST)[p]It's usually right around the time they say and you will be able to check the results on line at that time. Good luck on the draw.

ha !!!

I'm heading back to the old stopping ground for elk this year as well for the first time since 1998.

Let me know if you draw and what part of the state :)

cheers, pete

Hey Pete!
Hope you are doing well!! If we draw we will be bow hunting whitetails on a friends ranch near Helena.

Hoping we draw!!??

Montana is pretty good about being on time with draw results. They results don't all show up at once, but over a few days (if your in for deer and elk permits). I don't believe I have ever received any email notification, always looked it up online, it's a lot more fun that way anyway.

It looks like Montana has generated a lot of interest this year from hunters who have never hunted it or hunted it a few times in the past. This Montana forum here has been dead for years. Wondering what caused the recent spike in interest??? Is it poor hunting in other states? Or did huntin' fool, go hunt, epic, or magazines tout it this winter?

Wyoming blew up since 2015 and you can't draw a bull tag there anymore if you are playing the points game. UT, WA, NV and AZ have been all draw only for quite awhile. Makes other states like Montana and Idaho more reasonable options. Just my take and why I'm headed back that way.

Cheers,
Pete

Interesting Cory :)

I have family in Helena and it wouldn't be a place I'd think of for drawing a whitetail tag hahahahaha

Let me know how it goes

Cheers, Pete

Any luck Cory?

My buddy I went to MSU with back in the early 80's and I drew gen elk combo tags. Looks like Montana will be home for every spare moment this year :)

Cheers, Pete

Hey Pete,
Congrats on the elk tag-that should be a lot of fun. Unfortunately we did not draw the General deer tag so no Montana for us this year??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom