Draw results

Is the 16th for real, I didn't see anything on their website. I know it was the afternoon of 16th in 2011.

Struck out in Wyoming so it's Mt. Emily or bust for me this year. In 20 years of applying multiple states I've never been shut out. Took many longshots to hit along the way. Would be a first. Would try CO OTC elk if it comes to it.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

Pending, Pending

Zim,

You and I are in almost the same boat, no tags, just Oregon left. The difference I'm in for Wenaha. I do have a very small, small shot at an Arizona sheep tag.

Good luck

You're not in for Montana? you must be smarter than me not to take their suckers bet.

I'll get my OR deer and elk tag , I've gone zip everywhere else so far. an OR deer tag is pretty much a strike out as well.

Stay thirsty my friends

Heck, I never draw or get to go hunting anymore lol. Everyone thinks being a guide is the dream job, until they realize how hard the work really is to be a good guide, and also that us guides rarely get to go hunting ourselves! :-(

But good luck everyone in the draw!

Bob Staples

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-14 AT 02:25PM (MST)[p]Just called and talked to the controlled hunt department and they are still running reports today. His personal guess is Tuesday. He said not today for sure as the guy that makes the final say to go live is off work today. Back to checking on Monday. :)

goldhunter,
Did your point pool get the Weneha tag last year? How many guys were left? I know one guy dropped out to go for the Mt. Emily this year. That is why my chances likely dropped from 50% to 33%. There's just one other guy that was in my pool after 2013 draw.

I will be surprised if we get the data before next Friday, the 20th. Since ODFW deleted the card mailing, they have no reason to get it out sooner. There are going to be a lot of pissed off guys calling after the 20th, wondering where the hell their cards went. Then the 1000's of tags not being picked up, because people assumed they did not draw a tag, because they got no card. Then the 100's of hours the point of sale vendors are going to be paying the computer operators without payment to check for draw success. And ODFW is raising fees for less service. Again. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------support your local guzzlers. OHA life member,lapine oregon

Zim,

Last year the tag went to an outfitter. My point pool was the top last year and there were two applicants. I went for point only, so if nothing changes, other than me applying for the tag, there will be three applying for the tag this year. Someone could jump in with more points though.

>Zim,
>
>Last year the tag went to
>an outfitter. My point
>pool was the top last
>year and there were two
>applicants. I went for
>point only, so if nothing
>changes, other than me applying
>for the tag, there will
>be three applying for the
>tag this year. Someone
>could jump in with more
>points though.

Oh wow good luck then. Glad the hunt I want has one unguided tag every year so I have some flexibility based on other state draw results. Got nothing this year so it was easy decision to put in rather than point saver. Will be doing Colorado OTC if I don't draw OR.

Hmmmmmmm..............Pending........Pending........Pending

Oregon is the only state that I know of that wont publish draw statistics when its known to them who has drawn/not drawn.

Talked to them today, and they said "The results should be available on your hunter info online by the 20th" Are they really that inapt or understaffed? The draw was last week....

The guy I talked to said they were running reports and fixing errors. I would rather it was right and take a day our two longer. I think the 20th is the standard answer but they will push it out as soon as they are confident it has no errors.

DZ

I think they just want you to know who's in charge. I see little difference between ODFW and the dept of revenue in customer relations skills.

Stay thirsty my friends

>Oregon is the only state that
>I know of that wont
>publish draw statistics when its
>known to them who has
>drawn/not drawn.
>
>Talked to them today, and they
>said "The results should be
>available on your hunter info
>online by the 20th" Are
>they really that inapt or
>understaffed? The draw was last
>week....

It's tough to take your comment seriously when you misspell inept;)

>What are we the spelling police
>now?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

Not normally, but the irony was irresistible.

Relax....Christmas is on the 25th, always has been. Same with the draw results....always stated to be posted on the 20th and they always get them up early. I don't now why guys have to constantly call them to find out. Bad PR skills, heck, I'd just hang up the phone on guys who asked about the draw results. It's posted on the 20th and that's it.

I see your point, but ODFW is just like going to the DMV. you know they don't care and it annoys you.

Stay thirsty my friends

Pending, pending. I'm sorry guys. The delay is probably due to my successful draw on both Wenaha archery elk and Look Out Mtn. bighorn. Statistically very unlikely so they just have to check to make sure.

Good luck on the remaining tags.

No worries BMA, Orion23 can't spell a lick and he drew the most coveted elk tag in Oregon 2 years ago! Besides don't you have clients to guide? Lol.

It's hard to relax. We want our unsuccessful results to be official?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-14 AT 05:11PM (MST)[p]Results are posted. 5 USUCS for me. Nothing ever changes in 17 years appying there.

My draws are done. CO OTC for me.

One of you other MMers draw the NR Mt. Emily tag?

Drew the Imnaha tag and my son drew the youth Look out Mt cow tag.

All expected but happy to see them.

DZ

No surprises for me, Ochoco elk , Murderers Creek deer and nothing else.

Nothing out of state for my wife or myself this year, this sucks.

Stay thirsty my friends

Drew muzzy 3 point or better roosevelt tag.Never got roosevelt before,i'm ready. Larry

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-14 AT 05:10PM (MST)[p]Wow 440, if drawing both deer and elk doesn't make you happy what will? :)

I always pick the hardest tag to draw so I can get a point and still get my LOP tag. Well, it didn't work this year. I drew 154C with 2 points.

>I always pick the hardest tag
>to draw so I can
>get a point and still
>get my LOP tag. Well,
>it didn't work this year.
>I drew 154C with 2
>points.

My brother did the same thing for elk 254Y1. He drew with zero points.

That is great!! Mt Emily branch tag can drive you crazy. Hope he gets a big one!!!!

DZ

bonepicker, I'm not really whining I just had the points so I knew those tags were in the bag. I really wanted to draw something this year by luck for a change, somewhere.

The deer tag is just a camping trip but I always do well on elk.

Stay thirsty my friends

H2H
Really interseted in how you do antelope hunting. I should draw that tag in the next few years.

Bill

chaser........with humility, I say good luck. I'm guessing you had like 16 points and were in the running with Zim? or did you happen to have more? I'm one point back with 15 this draw.

>Well, Zim I guess Iam the
>lucky N.R who drew the
>Mt. Emily Archery tag this
>year.

Congrats. Hope to hear some good results from your hunt. I'll be tryin Colorado OTC.

The big question is..did anyone die because they didn't post the results sooner?

I drew my elk tag, which is amazing cause I had zero points.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-14 AT 05:33AM (MST)[p]>The big question is..did anyone die
>because they didn't post the
>results sooner?

No, but it very easily could have happened. I am old, and driving around the St. Louis area in jeep w/o air conditioning, working outdoors. Heat & humidity brutal. This combined with Oregon's posting delay was a recipe for disaster. Losing my tag to Birdchaser put me on the brink.

BTW, Why isn't he out chasing birds instead of my elk?!

Back
Top Bottom