Draw results

I miss all the backdoors.

My favorite year was when they implemented the 50% off for active/veterans.

People who drew had their stuff highlight yellow and it showed an anomaly with the price of the tag.
I remember I drew elk and oryx that year and was jumping around like a 16 year old at a backstreet boys concert.

I have a feeling the Governor is having game and fish wait till the very end to see if now that Texas opens up if the Covid spikes out of control. Is it possible that she can eliminate all non residents from the draw to eliminate people coming into the state. I hope this is something she CAN'T do but with everything else that's happening it would not surprise me.

I heard a rumor that the ol' Governor is pushing hard to eliminate non-residents this year. Not sure on the legality, but my guess is if she gets it accomplished they would have to redo the draw to redistribute the non-resident tags?

Wasn't gonna be the one to bring it up but I heard the same thing too, and with her hand picked liberal commission I don't think it would be that hard.
I really don't think she can do that. We'll get results next week fellas . Business as usual.

I heard a rumor that the ol' Governor is pushing hard to eliminate non-residents this year. Not sure on the legality, but my guess is if she gets it accomplished they would have to redo the draw to redistribute the non-resident tags?
Wasn't gonna be the one to bring it up but I heard the same thing too, and with her hand picked liberal commission I don't think it would be that hard.
I really don't think she can do that. We'll get results next week fellas . Business as usual.

Where are you guys hearing this from???

Your app #s still in order. Only 1 person in my family out of 4 that applied is out of order. Hmmm
Prob nothing but my wife's app with extreme low draw odds is the one out of order.

My app numbers are still the same but my son’s are out of order.

Heard there is an upcoming Game Commission meeting early this upcoming week. What the topic of discussion is... Non-resident tags???

Heard there is an upcoming Game Commission meeting early this upcoming week. What the topic of discussion is... Non-resident tags???
I don't see it on the Agenda.

Screenshot_20200418-221216_Drive.jpg

How about the locals take up the whole Public Comment period complaining about draw results not being out? Set a precedent so they get them out early next year ?

Edit... Is it online? Everybody could comment from anywhere ?

With hunts starting @5 months away, pretty sure even MLG wouldn't be dumb enough to exclude NR and bring all the grief and legal consequences.

Yeah I thought that too but then again I never thought Alaska would eliminate spring bear hunting for non-residents, or Nebraska and Kansas turkey hunting for non residents, or Idaho stopping sales of non resident licenses, or Colorado shutting off huge tracts of public land to non-residents and cancelling some limited draw turkey hunts. I could list more but I think the point has been made that it shouldn't be ruled out.

The difference is, spring bear is in the heat of it all right now and technically non-residents have already paid for their licenses in NM and those hunts are far enough in the future that this virus nonsense may be a non-issue ny then.

The gov'r of NM cannot afford to lose any more revenue than SHE already has.

Wow would that have a bad effect on new mexico with lose of funds from us non residents coming in. I hope you all vote her out next time sounds like a nightmare for you all. I hope to draw a tag but if not I hope all you have great hunts some of the best people I have meet are in your state.

That's chump change when you look at what the Alaska guys lost on their spring grizzly hunts

Not really. Per hunt, yes. Overall, no. More tags and more hunts through NM outfitters than spring grizzly hunts I would reckon. Also, for a state bent on cutting out 40% of its revenues from resource extraction, NM needs all the money it can get.

Wow would that have a bad effect on new mexico with lose of funds from us non residents coming in. I hope you all vote her out next time sounds like a nightmare for you all. I hope to draw a tag but if not I hope all you have great hunts some of the best people I have meet are in your state.

You have no idea how most of us wish she was gone. Nothing but pure bewilderment with the idiot things that have been pushed through since she took office.

She is not as popular in the state as some would think, she only won by 4%, the spread was something like 48 Pierce and 52 grisham.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to the ones who normally don't vote for whatever lame brain reason they have...

I can see where they could take measures to prevent interstate travel but I don’t think it’ll be by eliminating NR from the draw. I think the bigger threat comes from public lands being closed which effect us all. I’m not discarding concerns of NR, they are part of our hunting community as well.

Not really. Per hunt, yes. Overall, no. More tags and more hunts through NM outfitters than spring grizzly hunts I would reckon. Also, for a state bent on cutting out 40% of its revenues from resource extraction, NM needs all the money it can get.

You have no idea how most of us wish she was gone. Nothing but pure bewilderment with the idiot things that have been pushed through since she took office.

She is not as popular in the state as some would think, she only won by 4%, the spread was something like 48 Pierce and 52 grisham.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to the ones who normally don't vote for whatever lame brain reason they have...

Your right but after you throw in black bear and fishing charters I can see some Alaska outfits not being able to ride this out. Yeah hopefully you guys can vote her out. Ours isn't much better in Colorado, but with Boulder and Denver carrying our votes I'm afraid we are stuck with him.

Your app #s still in order. Only 1 person in my family out of 4 that applied is out of order. Hmmm
Prob nothing but my wife's app with extreme low draw odds is the one out of order.
This has happened in the past with the order of app #'s. Doesn't mean anything. Good luck in the draw.

I would hope that every outfitter in the state would file a class action lawsuit against the Governor if they shut down non res hunts.
Seems unlikely since NM is a huge fan of Outfitter Welfare.

If the country is still infected by this Covid 19 virus and thousands of people are dying wouldn’t it be in the best interest of everyone to stay home and live to breath and hunt another day ?
My home town lives and dies by tourists and right now it looks like a ghost town, they have put out ads for tourists to please stay home and a lot of businesses won’t recover but the owners will still be alive.

If the country is still infected by this Covid 19 virus and thousands of people are dying wouldn’t it be in the best interest of everyone to stay home and live to breath and hunt another day ?
My home town lives and dies by tourists and right now it looks like a ghost town, they have put out ads for tourists to please stay home and a lot of businesses won’t recover but the owners will still be alive.

Depends, right now we are at 40,000 deaths and roughly 1.5 months in. If that death toll goes up significantly I would say yes, if not, we need to open up this economy before we are all on welfare, and we bankrupt this nation.

Some interesting statistics:
CDC says that in the months of January, February, March of 2020 63,000 people died from Influenza.
There is an average of 3,287 automobile deaths per day, so, during this same 1.5+ month period 161,000+ deaths (it's probably lower because everyone is quarantined).
69,000+ died from opioid's last year.
It is estimated that 16,000 die from hunger each day. How much of an increase now that charities are going to have a hard time getting funded because the world economy is gutted?

These are all hard questions, but we need to have a better understanding of what we are doing if we do or don't shut down this economy longer.

Just heard our brilliant Governor is going to postpone the draw release until this NR crossings of our border is resolved; from what being proposed all NR tag quotas will be issued to NM veterans and youths.

I don't like this thread.

I'm a NR so I'm not going to draw anyways... but that would set a pretty bad precedent.

I can't imagine the outfitters would like that very much either...

Anyone have an actual source? Rio tends to be pretty accurate but MLG could obviously try to make last minute changes.

I'm hoping for Wednesday still!!!

Marburg , I'm with you ? ! It's done, over! Release the damn results or put the delete app option back up. I'm not a big fan of people doing things "JUST CUZ THEY CAN"

I remember the same people calling B.S. until Washington, Idaho, Alaska, Canada, Nebraska, Kansas, Parts of Colorado, and now Wyoming started doing it.

I wouldn't underestimate any actions from MLG. Cutting nonresidents out would really create some challenges for the NMDGF budget. I'm guessing she isn't liked or trusted by many of the people that work for NMDGF. If the NMDGF is getting the idea that she might do something stupid, I wouldn't be surprise if they put out results ASAP to protect their budget.

Then it had better be Monday the 20th.

:cool:

Last year in 2019, there were 28,511 non-resident applications (compiled from the sum of all 1st choice applicants). At $13 each, that's just shy of at least $371k in revenue for applications fees that the state would have to refund if the state were to cancel non-resident hunts in the fall of 2020 if the applicant numbers are similar. Also applying draw results and using standard fees for everything, it is a figure of $1.791 million in lost revenue from tag fees that would need to be refunded, or never realized, by the state.

NMDGF would lose just over $2 million this year with 2019 numbers applied and $34K of lost habitat improvement money to the state by Wuhan disqualifying our non-resident friends from hunting this fall. That is 43 game and fish job salaries at an avg salary of $50k each.

And then the lawsuits come rolling in...

Last year in 2019, there were 28,511 non-resident applications (compiled from the sum of all 1st choice applicants). At $13 each, that's just shy of at least $371k in revenue for applications fees that the state would have to refund if the state were to cancel non-resident hunts in the fall of 2020 if the applicant numbers are similar. Also applying draw results and using standard fees for everything, it is a figure of $1.791 million in lost revenue from tag fees that would need to be refunded, or never realized, by the state.

NMDGF would lose just over $2 million this year with 2019 numbers applied and $34K of lost habitat improvement money to the state by Wuhan disqualifying our non-resident friends from hunting this fall. That is 43 game and fish job salaries at an avg salary of $50k each.

and that does not count all the money made when landowner tags are turn into license and the money spent on food lodges guides gas and all the rest. Wil be will into the millions of lost money to new mexico which would be a shame for a state that needs all it can take in. I hope I am hunting new mexico in 2020

Don't forget licenses that you have to buy now at what $65? If I have no opportunity to draw a tag, I have no need to purchase a license in New Mexico. Either refund it all, every penny, or hold the draw as planned. Just get it over with. I don't really care either way. New Mexico is at the bottom of my list of states I like to hunt so I won't be heartbroken.

Last edited:

In 2017 NMDFG had a budget of about $40 million. $26 million came from license sales and $15 million came from Federal (mostly tax placed on hunting and fishing equipment). Without nonresident contribution I'm guessing that the NMDFG would loose at least 25% of their budget and possibly 40% of their budget.

If nonresidents are banned from NM this year they would have to refund every dime of nonresidents license, tag and application fees or they would see a class action lawsuit.

I’d say that dude is just trolling. Never returned to state his source. Same guy with crazy ideas about wanting a New Mexico draw system.

Well I heard that they were going to cancel all the R in the draw and issue all the tags to NR. This way they could enforce the shelter in place order for NM R. If you are driving around the state with NM plates they can pull you over. Brilliant move
by NM governor to increase revenue to GF.

I hope they post this week to end all the rumors. Good luck to everybody in the draw R and NR.

They are part of the problem they hide behind the life they live but never even did anything for the flag so please stop about the rancher

I would like to hit like 1000 times on jarheads 2 posts. Spot on. Those rachers are just really sweet and inviting every time im hunting state property they have a grazing lease on. It almost seems as tho they feel i have a small chance to "steal" a buck that they couldve "sold" to a "paying" NR sportsman. Damn Rite

In 2017 NMDFG had a budget of about $40 million. $26 million came from license sales and $15 million came from Federal (mostly tax placed on hunting and fishing equipment). Without nonresident contribution I'm guessing that the NMDFG would loose at least 25% of their budget and possibly 40% of their budget.

If nonresidents are banned from NM this year they would have to refund every dime of nonresidents license, tag and application fees or they would see a class action lawsuit.

Yes, if you factor in the NR game license fee as well, it pretty much equates out to your listed information of 20% of the $26 million.

so if NR tags are cut, are they closing the border to friends and family that want to tag along and help the tag holder? I got friends that always show up from out of state if they can to help out on the rare occasion my family draws a tag.

I would like to hit like 1000 times on jarheads 2 posts. Spot on. Those rachers are just really sweet and inviting every time im hunting state property they have a grazing lease on. It almost seems as tho they feel i have a small chance to "steal" a buck that they couldve "sold" to a "paying" NR sportsman. Damn Rite
One tried to chase me off of BLM land during g quail season a couple years ago, because he was grazing his cattle. Came screaming down the road, yelling to get out because I was scaring his cattle on his cattle ranch. I kept my cool, pulled out my onyx, and said you have about 40 acres on the other side of the paved road, this is all blm... he yelled that he was calling the cops, I said go ahead, and it ended at that. Scared the crap out of my then 8 year old son who was with me. But if I wouldnt have had onyx, or any maps for that measure, who knows where that would have went.

and to group all landowners and rancher is like grouping all hunter in one group. I am a simple person do home remodeling but sure as hell don't hold it againist landowners for owning land. I have seen far to much on both sides with land owners not wanting hunters on there land to hunters just trashing public land and private that was opened to public hunting. Goes both ways if you ask me. Someone crosses the line report it and the bs will stop there is laws to stop anyone for harassing hunters and plenty will enforce it if you do your part. Lets just not act like everyone is bad on either side. Plenty of blame on both sides to see why we are all in the spots we are over the years

I had a state land leasee in ne new mexico drive his truck back and forth in the tinderbox grasses in front of me as i glassed some nice bucks that left and i never found them again. This was my welcome to hunting state lands in new mexico. I have had many other unpleasant encounters since then.

With hunts starting @5 months away, pretty sure even MLG wouldn't be dumb enough to exclude NR and bring all the grief and legal consequences.
She is likely buying into the cray-cray argument that everything needs to stay shutdown till a vaccine is given.

I also notice the wardens in new mexico seem to respond to the landowners with "tresspassing" claims a little quicker than they do when a hunter calls them with harassment accusations against landowners. Probly just coincidence i guess

so if NR tags are cut, are they closing the border to friends and family that want to tag along and help the tag holder? I got friends that always show up from out of state if they can to help out on the rare occasion my family draws a tag.
At this time anyone entering the state for non-essential services is required to self quarantine at home for 14 days. I wanted to go to Texas to pick up a LLama I paid for , but even working in a hospital I would have to wear a mask at work for 2 weeks and still be quarantined at home

would not know never trespassed but I will take your word on that. Both time in my states I reported being harassed the people learn not to do it again. Not sure if they were fined or not but they never bugged me again . My point is there is good and bad people on both sides and having a one sided view never helps

At this time anyone entering the state for non-essential services is required to self quarantine at home for 14 days. I wanted to go to Texas to pick up a LLama I paid for , but even working in a hospital I would have to wear a mask at work for 2 weeks and still be quarantined at home

And the whole quarentine at home for 14 days after out of state travel is pure 100% grassfed organic B.S.

Time to start calling out the Grish on this stuff. All she is doing is falling in step with her heinous the queen pelosi and her video feed of her version of "let them eat cake"...

And the whole quarentine at home for 14 days after out of state travel is pure 100% grassfed organic B.S.

Time to start calling out the Grish on this stuff. All she is doing is falling in step with her heinous the queen pelosi and her video feed of her version of "let them eat cake"...
Not agreeing with it. We have had 2 cases down here in Lea and they were a month ago. Yet she has shut down our churches even little ones. I believe the constitution actually is quite specific on that

When did they post results last year? I can’t recall. I do know that it’s much later this year. I want to say I had my balance already returned on my cc by this time last year. If they didn’t hold the draw I would imagine not only would they have to refund us all our license but as well as application fees plus on the interest they now have accumulated on my cc I normally can wait tell the last minute apply and get my refund in a billing cycle and not see a interest charge on my side.

Is there any way that department could rig the draw that all NR received a res unsuccessful that way they could say well we did the draw and you can’t sue us, but in reality every NR gets an unsuccessful notice. Kinda protect themselves from a lawsuit and also get what they want.

When did they post results last year? I can’t recall. I do know that it’s much later this year. I want to say I had my balance already returned on my cc by this time last year. If they didn’t hold the draw I would imagine not only would they have to refund us all our license but as well as application fees plus on the interest they now have accumulated on my cc I normally can wait tell the last minute apply and get my refund in a billing cycle and not see a interest charge on my side.

Is there any way that department could rig the draw that all NR received a res unsuccessful that way they could say well we did the draw and you can’t sue us, but in reality every NR gets an unsuccessful notice. Kinda protect themselves from a lawsuit and also get what they want.
There's no way to rig it in that sense. 6% NR 10% Outfitter.
If the madness is true they'd have no choice but to refund all nr ever cent to nr. NM hasn't cancelled any spring hunts that I'm aware of , and considering the amount of money that would be lost , I think it's safe to say NR are safe.
Now release the damn results ?

There's no way to rig it in that sense. 6% NR 10% Outfitter.
If the madness is true they'd have no choice but to refund all nr ever cent to nr. NM hasn't cancelled any spring hunts that I'm aware of , and considering the amount of money that would be lost , I think it's safe to say NR are safe.
Now release the damn results ?

Herrumff! Herrumff!

Not agreeing with it. We have had 2 cases down here in Lea and they were a month ago. Yet she has shut down our churches even little ones. I believe the constitution actually is quite specific on that

Yeah, hope the gov'r understands she can be charged with violating her oath of office with prohibiting the free exercise of religion without real cause.

One thing for sure, something needs to be put into place to make sure a gov'r can never run amok like this again...

I compared my last year apps and order and it had no relevance for me on what I drew.

Hope its not the case because if out of order choices means you drew, then nobody in my household drew, again...
Doesn't reflect draws. I looked over the last yrs. Weve drawn and struck out with app #s both ways. Now my apps are all out of order but the other 3 fam members are in order.

I won't look until it's time. Have everyone's info at the ready for either the long way or quick way when it's time to check, even the hunt codes and what order they are...

The only time I've seen hunt codes change around is when they get put in numerical order for some reason, it's never been a indicator of successful or unsuccessful applications.
I did notice on the " My purchase" screen that the over all order of applications changed but not the order of choices, and on the " draw hunt " screen they haven't moved
Good luck fellas .
RR same here! Haha ...

They will release closer to the posted date to give themselves extra time to see if anything changes with this COVID-19 stuff. That is what I would do just as a precaution.

My money is on they’ll be posted Wed. This seems like a rabbit hole no one would want to go down till absolutely necessary.

Depends, right now we are at 40,000 deaths and roughly 1.5 months in. If that death toll goes up significantly I would say yes, if not, we need to open up this economy before we are all on welfare, and we bankrupt this nation.

Some interesting statistics:
CDC says that in the months of January, February, March of 2020 63,000 people died from Influenza.
There is an average of 3,287 automobile deaths per day, so, during this same 1.5+ month period 161,000+ deaths (it's probably lower because everyone is quarantined).
69,000+ died from opioid's last year.
It is estimated that 16,000 die from hunger each day. How much of an increase now that charities are going to have a hard time getting funded because the world economy is gutted?

These are all hard questions, but we need to have a better understanding of what we are doing if we do or don't shut down this economy longer.

3287 a day in traffic crashes? Not sure where you got that number but that would equal 1.2 million per year in the USA. The total is closer to 35-40,000 per year.

3287 a day in traffic crashes? Not sure where you got that number but that would equal 1.2 million per year in the USA. The total is closer to 35-40,000 per year.

If each state had 100 per day, that is 5200 a day nationwide. 3287 is 63 per day for each state. 40,000 each year is 2 per state per day. It's more than that, some pile ups include multiple deaths at once. 40k accidents probably...

ah, roadrunner, did we gain some states? Cabin fever is just the tip of what everyone is having!

Kinda funny. I’m not saying any deaths or sickness to this virus is funny. Don’t get it twisted. But we have had two people that I work with now diagnosed with the virus. No symptoms. So the tests are faulty or something. I’m not saying that the deaths are not significant. I would never say that. It is tragic and horrible. But is it really this virus or some other bull ****.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom