Draw results

JSTWIG22

Think the deer and elk draw results will come out early than the dates posted in proclamation? Just curious on your thoughts ...I know back door doesn’t work anymore ...good luck on your draw

I don't think it will ever be early, because that would require them to charge your CC before they said they would.

I am going to call them Monday, but does anyone know if you can change your draw selections to points only?
Thanks
Bill

Correction deadline was April 7th. You can always return a tag for a refund or for point re-instatement, but you won't get a point for this year.

Wise choice Lik2hnt. That's what I would do. Great hunt this year and another next year. Best of luck.

Also noticed that he said refund for OR restoration. You either get a refund OR let them keep your money and they will give you your points back. Not both. But either way you return the tag

Last edited:
It would be nice if they were early, so I know how to complete my CA and AZ apps. I don't want to get over extended with hunts that I can't do.

It would be nice if they were early, so I know how to complete my CA and AZ apps. I don't want to get over extended with hunts that I can't do.
Don't worry about too many tags. It is getting to be almost impossible to happen and is the best problem to have!

I used to think so too, and one year I had a Colorado unit 21-30 deer tag and a Utah LE bull tag. The seasons overlapped and I ended up burning the deer tag though I did get a bull. I only have so much vacation too.

This year we’re in the running for a good x zone tag with family in October so will take a week for that hunt. I already put in for NV and any one of the apps might hitone never knows with NV. I’d do any of the NV tags over the CA tag. I would just lose my points ?

The CO results might come in the day before the CA app period closes then If we don’t get the Colorado tag I could put in for a CA pronghorn tag and archery elk where I have decent odds.

Why waste points and money by putting in for overlapping hunts? It’s taken a few years to build the points and I’d like to enjoy the time in the field without the pressure to get one done here so I can run to getanother hunt done there.

I’m fearing that this year myself.

already 2 September hunts. And I applied for a Colorado high country deer hunt with pretty good draw odds that conflicts with one of them. I’ll probably eat the Colorado tag if that happens since the first hunt is my wife’s. of course if I draw a Cali sheep tag in Nevada (yea right) all bet

And I’m applying for a rut elk hunt that conflicts with the second hunt. But the elk hunt is an upgrade so I’ll cross that bridge when I get there if I beat 2% odds.

I wish I had these type of problems every year.

As stated, the last few years the draw dates have been pretty accurate. In fact, wasn't that many years ago (2-3?) where something in the first draw was screwed up and it took a few extra days to correct that before they announced the results.

Dates are stated before you put in so its kind of like the Dr visit

Paitient: Doc, it hurts when I do this.

Doc: Well don't do that. :)

Don't mean any disrespect, because being assured of drawing most tags is not there, so we puts our money down and we takes our chances? I have done it myself, and may turn back a tag this fall. LOL

Also noticed that he said refund for OR restoration. You either get a refund OR let them keep your money and they will give you your points back. Not both. But either way you return the tag
While you do get your current points reinstated, it is a bummer that you don’t get a point for this year’s draw if you turn your tag back in and eat the tag fee. That can be a very big deal for NR’s in CO as losing one year in the points race may make the difference between drawing the tag again the following year and never being able to draw the tag again in the foreseeable future...

Horniac

Question: If I didn’t want to draw the tag I applied for because I already filled my season is there a way to pullout of the drawing? But I still want a point for the year. Or do I have to draw the tag and then return it and pay the price? Thanks

Question: If I didn’t want to draw the tag I applied for because I already filled my season is there a way to pullout of the drawing? But I still want a point for the year. Or do I have to draw the tag and then return it and pay the price? Thanks

You can't withdraw the application as far as I've read in the hunting book. Just read the part about returns. You can't gain a point if you draw your first choice and return the tag, but you can keep your points OR the money

That’s how I read it too. So I draw the tag and return it I’ll get my points back but loose the money for the tag. That’s fine. It’s a good problem to have I guess. Thanks

That’s how I read it too. So I draw the tag and return it I’ll get my points back but loose the money for the tag. That’s fine. It’s a good problem to have I guess. Thanks

When you return a first choice tag, if you request your points, they will be returned to you at the pre draw level. You will not gain a point this year.

I'm not sure what a bounced charge would do your points. I'm thinking it would be an invalid application and you don't get the point for the year. But that's what it would be if you returned the tag and list the money. If you really plan on returning the tag, you could put a hold on your card till the charging is over or shut the card down some other way.

Colorado’s draw is planned perfectly, the guys who don’t draw have one day to dump into Idaho
I think they are waiting so people don't apply in Wyoming and then go OTC elk in Colorado as a backup. Doesn't make any sense to wait this long. They used to be 2 weeks earlier until Wyoming moved their dates back to June 1st. I think it is a pissing match between the 2 states.

If you really want to understand why it takes so long for them to post results, watch about 10 minutes of this presentation. It's because CPW uses one system to take in applications and a second (vendor) system to conduct the draw. It takes them a long time to transfer all of the application data. Not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the current situation.

I just received e-mail notification for bear results. An unsuccessful for me and successful for one of my sons. No hit to the debit card yet.

They look like this when they see you.
1591054832976.png

Ohh I have seen plenty of those.... I want Bullwinkle.... it is bizzare after 20 years of skunk to actually draw one... Last of the big three in Colorado for me...was really stressed with the first two but both ended up with great animals...but can't let my guard down oh crap I got that killer elk tag in Wyoming and a few others lots of fun juggling!!! "No rest for me!!!""""

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom