Draw Results

TX_Diver

Not much activity in here prior to the draw...

Probably as it's only NR elk.

Any chance they come out tomorrow? I still don't have a tag for this year so I'm getting anxious!

There's still AZ, WY, ID, and CA. Lots of tags still out there to draw. If my math is right I still have 11 applications to submit in those four states.

On to WY elk ... the only tag I've secured thus far is a NM archery javelina tag. Pickings are getting slim!

I should draw a bull tag in the special draw. My wife and little boy are in also but will have to draw a random tag. We also are in for cow tags. I'm hoping my boy will draw a tag. Doesn't matter bull or cow.

Here is a hunt he tagged along on in Colorado when he was 8. It was a really good time. I applied him for the tag in Colorado also.
Cow.jpg

I should draw a bull tag in the special draw. My wife and little boy are in also but will have to draw a random tag. We also are in for cow tags. I'm hoping my boy will draw a tag. Doesn't matter bull or cow.

Here is a hunt he tagged along on in Colorado when he was 8. It was a really good time. I applied him for the tag in Colorado also.
View attachment 7171
Good luck in the draw !! Sure hope the kiddo gets a crack at an elk, like you said bull or cow it’s all good times!!

I'm going for my 12th year out of 14 years drawing on a Gen Any Elk tag, 'Cheapie Fee' has worked for me .

Sure, some years I applied in a group with higher point applicant

Some years both including the RP cow/calf....

Robb

No tag again with max points :cry:. At least I have the special tag money coming back to my CC...

Good luck everyone!

Horniac

I hear that Unit 7 can be a barrel of bugling monkeys during archery gotta love the long liberal seasons of Wyoming....think I'm gonna go tromp around in the next two weeks or so.. I heard there are lots of partaie dogs in the general region and maybe a little fishing to do...plan on being a regular visitor up ther this summer

I hear that Unit 7 can be a barrel of bugling monkeys during archery gotta love the long liberal seasons of Wyoming....think I'm gonna go tromp around in the next two weeks or so.. I heard there are lots of partaie dogs in the general region and maybe a little fishing to do...plan on being a regular visitor up ther this summer
Its good. Takes allot of time to learn it well ive hunted it 8 times or so. And several other times with other people

I don't think SPAZ will have a tough time working for a good bull...just a guess.

All depends how one approaches it. A good 7 mile ride can be elk paradise. Those that choose to road hunt will struggle. Although few years ago a local resident took a 340 bull spotted from the highway. I had the late season tag back when part of the unit was area 121. Boy did we run into some great bulls..my 2 problems was taking a guy that had mules that have never been touched and he was scared to ride in the dark in the morning and night. I solved the issue by never elk hunting with him again.. i cant complain on the elk quality. Saw a ton of good bulls

Well hell... unsuccessful once again. I need some tags! This year is looking pretty slim, not good. Might spend more time guiding then hunting this year. Son of a...

All depends how one approaches it. A good 7 mile ride can be elk paradise. Those that choose to road hunt will struggle. Although few years ago a local resident took a 340 bull spotted from the highway. I had the late season tag back when part of the unit was area 121. Boy did we run into some great bulls..my 2 problems was taking a guy that had mules that have never been touched and he was scared to ride in the dark in the morning and night. I solved the issue by never elk hunting with him again.. i cant complain on the elk quality. Saw a ton of good bulls
My approach will be going a lot and enjoying my time there alone or with friends. And being picky about the elk. It’s a long season. I know there’s great resident bulls and migration elk also. I won’t cry if I eat my tag. Won’t shoot a bull that isn’t great. I would like the road hunt approach - I’m getting old and lazy.

My approach will be going a lot and enjoying my time there alone or with friends. And being picky about the elk. It’s a long season. I know there’s great resident bulls and migration elk also. I won’t cry if I eat my tag. Won’t shoot a bull that isn’t great. I would like the road hunt approach - I’m getting old and lazy.
Sounds like a great time and good luck with your tag.

My oldest daughter drew an LQ elk tag. It should be fun and we hope to find something decent. She's already killed a 355" bull so we're guessing that won't be topped but it should be fun.
Any Wyoming elk tag is a good one!
We're thankful for the chance to have another Wyoming adventure.
Zeke

My oldest daughter drew an LQ elk tag. It should be fun and we hope to find something decent. She's already killed a 355" bull so we're guessing that won't be topped but it should be fun.
Any Wyoming elk tag is a good one!
We're thankful for the chance to have another Wyoming adventure.
Zeke

Awesome Zeke. Glad she puled a successful on the elk. Have a blast and make some more great memories.

I would do better playing the powerball than trying to draw a tag in WY! It is honestly a joke! I have never been so unlucky for so long. I could just beat my head on the wall!

Thomas I have been applying there for like species for like 10 years plus and zippo...I have muscled my way with points into some good tags but only twice my Colorado ram tag 3 and 3 and a On range Oryx tag in NM...I am normally pretty lucky in life but not so much with random tags

54-9 for my buddy and I !!!

Super stoked to for the scouting to begin early this summer.

Anyone know of a trailer storage spot between Cody and Clark ?

Cheers, Pete

Not successful, 10 point average applied for unit 120, oh well, we have 12 points for deer so we will hunt 34 for bucks instead. Maybe after being there we will keep applying for 120 or change our minds.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom