Draw results?

Bookhead

Very Active Member
Im new to the idaho draw when do the results usually come out for the controlled deer hunts? Thanks

I’m going with the 26th of June. Bear and OIL draws were much faster this year.
I’m really hopeful they can get them out on the 19th, wife and kids are going to be out of town that weekend and it seems like a good weekend to get out and explore either a draw or general unit, I’d just like to know which I should focus on

I’m really hopeful they can get them out on the 19th, wife and kids are going to be out of town that weekend and it seems like a good weekend to get out and explore either a draw or general unit, I’d just like to know which I should focus on
I was going to throw the 19th out, but didn't want to get too optimistic!

i think the 19th is a good bet... could be the next friday, as the elk/deer/antelope draw is quite a bit "bigger" than the OIL drawings...

I apply in several states so hard to keep track of them all, but how are the results noted in the Idaho system? email? CC hit? On line?

I would lean towards the 26th of the month, 3 weeks after apps closed. You have to pick up your tag by Aug. 1st, or it goes back into the second draw. Amazing that each year some great hard-to-draw tags don't get picked up in time.

Aug 1st is also the first day that residents can start buying any left over non-resident tags

I’m the same way but not everybody is as dedicated as you or I. I’ve already seen multiple people asking about when the credit card hits start for Idaho this spring? Those people probably just keep waiting on a card hit and assume they haven’t drawn

There could be a lot of reasons tags end up in the leftover draw. Forgetting to pick up by 1 Aug, health/financial changes, schedule conflicts etc. Out of thousands of tags its not surprising or suspicious to me that a handful of tags even from hard to draw units become available.

Well for one they dont even have a draw date so thats why i made this thread, it would be pretty easy for someone that applies in multiple states to not remember to check their results since there is no definitive date given. Thats most likely why several of them arent picked up people probably didnt even know they were drawn in the first place

That's a BS answer too. They still send you a post card also with your hunts that you were successful on. People just ignore it and forget, plain and simple. When it only costs $6 to apply (or $14 for NR) some decide they don't want to spend the money, or draw other tags in other states that are better choices for their schedules too. I wish they would charge the fee up front, and not worry about the second draw!!

And its not a BS answer. I wasnt trying to answer your question it was just an opinion of why it could happen. Thanks

And my comment was addressed to the "most likely" part of your answer. Idaho has a very definite date listed of July 10, and give you 3 weeks from there to get your tag picked up. Next definite date is stated at August 1as the ending date. And just like all the other states that post a date, and then try to get the results out earlier. Tags are available for pick up, just as soon as the info is loaded into the system. You don't have to wait until Jul 10 to start.

A couple years ago, 3 of us put in for an antelope hunt and my friends drew out, but I didn't. One of them forgot to pick up his tag before the deadline, and so it went back into the second draw.

One hundred people applied for that left over tag, and I drew! How weird is that???

There's an older lady that I know who had drawn a very desirable late buck tag 3 out of the last 5 years and only purchased the tag once. On the one tag she bought, she didn't even hunt because of her work and family obligations.

Does a green selected mean I drew?

90FE35A0-84A8-4738-8037-33BE95FF82EC.png

Cow elk for me and I'm stoked as I have them on my back forty. Tired of them eating my freakin' hay.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom