Draw Results

Montana is good about that. Not quite as quick as Nevada, but still good. Is today the day?

Looks like it's in the process when I checked. Matter of what time is the question or if today..
I would assume an announcement in the website at some point

Looks like it's in the process when I checked. Matter of what time is the question or if today..
I would assume an announcement in the website at some point
It seems like when it says that it’s usually within the day right? Or am I remembering that wrong?

It seems like when it says that it’s usually within the day right? Or am I remembering that wrong?

I am not sure. Montana is a new experience every year as far as learning their methods. I found it interesting last year the system crashed when I applied so I called and did it on the phone. I was the lead party memeber and she said when the other guys apply if I choose not to donate. 25 cents to conversation then the other party members must do the same or else basically we don't go into the draw. Seems kinda ridiculous.

I am not sure. Montana is a new experience every year as far as learning their methods. I found it interesting last year the system crashed when I applied so I called and did it on the phone. I was the lead party memeber and she said when the other guys apply if I choose not to donate. 25 cents to conversation then the other party members must do the same or else basically we don't go into the draw. Seems kinda ridiculous.
That's messed up if true. Can't say any of our party knows that on the donation aspect. Hoping to see something say "successful" by the end of the day!!

tc

That's messed up if true. Can't say any of our party knows that on the donation aspect. Hoping to see something say "successful" by the end of the day!!

tc

Something to look into. Shocked me when she said that. So just be sure I made damn sure we all did the same. Basically with the system crashing last year after I applied I handed the phone to my coworker and she did his tag. Then my dad called her.

You have to use the backdoor.

MYFWP MENU - Click Search Hunters. Click Enter Hunter Search Criteria and then input your DOB, Zip Code and phone number. It will spit out raw data in an excel spreadsheet that shows your current status.

According to back door method we are successful. ( we each went in with 2 points per person)

2 hours ago my coworker who is in my party, his APP said download his E-tag now which shows his tag

Anyone using the APP? I gave up on last year after the crap I went through on it

Last edited:
Well according to this backdoor method I'm not going back to Montana this year. Good thing I had a good season there last year.

You have to use the backdoor.

MYFWP MENU - Click Search Hunters. Click Enter Hunter Search Criteria and then input your DOB, Zip Code and phone number. It will spit out raw data in an excel spreadsheet that shows your current status.
Thanks for the info!! Drew my tag!!

Nada for me with 0 preference points. It's frustrating that my LE tag had leftovers last year but I couldn't draw it because I missed on the general.

I see the website is up and going which verified our success with an average of 2 points for general deer combo

We've been applying in a group for 4 years in a row without a problem.I always doublecheck everything because I know everything has to match.We had two group applications where one person had 1 and one had 2.Both groups the person with two got a tag and the other didnt.

As I stated before and that also been mentioned everyone's Application has to match perfectly. When they ask about donations either you are all NO or all YES....

One other thing for everyone to keep in mind is if you put down a special deer permit choice but select to get a refund of 80% if you don’t draw your elk permit, you have a chance of drawing a deer permit but not having a general license to utilize it. Happened to my brother. MT system is so full of bugs that can ruin your season so you have to be careful. Always pick to keep your tags and then send them back later if you decide not to general hunt.

Talked to FWP,apparently when they issue the released tags party applications get split up which is why some groups have one person draw and the rest dont.He said there is nothing you can do when you apply to make sure the whole group ends up with the same result.

Looks like preference points are zero'd if you don't apply for a point every 2 years. Bummer....I lost my point.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom