Draw

I got letter today saying there is no non-resident tag in the elk unit I applied for

I figured that, got point

We are close boys , ha ha
Should be any day for results

The state needs to hire some school kids to run their computers. the nerds they have can't ever seem to get anything done on time.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Not in Oregon. and I haven't missed a year since I turned 12 in 1975.

I've drawn sheep in WY and mt goat in MT though.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Web site says June 20 do tomorrow I will see the extra points I have earned.
Luck to everyone.
Bill

You keep checking because old habits are hard to break. Good luck to all in the draw but especially good luck to me.

All Un's so far Sheep Goat antlerless deer. Hope for a change in this pattern. One friend drew Antelope.

DZ

I just checked the site and its still down until they finish loading results. Did you guys get results online?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-18 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-18 AT 10:03?AM (MST)

Results were working if you append /custsearch to the end of the address when you go to your customer information.

backdoor is now closed

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-18 AT 10:08AM (MST)[p]Yes. They were posted online....briefly. They have now locked the site.

Top secret, ya know

Insider info isn't helping much. Other then she said no reason to wear out the key pad as it will be in the afternoon before it comes back. Good luck everyone.

DZ

8 UNSUCCESSFUL's for me. Really it was not a surprise, but it would be nice to see successful. Maybe next year when I burn my 23 elk points.
Bill

1 for 8. Steens rifle deer tag. Never hunted Oregon before, thought Id burn my deer points this year. Not expecting too much, always fun exploring new country.

Shane, like to know how the Steens hunt goes. Thought of putting in for this hunt next year.
Thanks
Bill

Hard to believe, I look up the result and it was zero for me, zero for my dad but when I looked at my 25 year old sons he drew a W. John Day river Bighorn Ram tag. First one ever in the family to draw a sheep tag. I have a friends wife that drew it two years ago and they floated the river and had a great hunt and we will do the same.
Good luck to everyone that drew.

Congrats that's the sheep tag I always put in for and NEVER draw. the river is always low that time of year but this year it might be really really low. keep that in mind when you make plans.

Deer tag for me and elk for my wife. nothing else in 7 states. I guess it's better than nothing.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

0-7 It's Oregon so I guess I hit the lottery LOL.

Congrats to those who got tags especially Sheep. I have a buddy who drew a Sheep tag in the Whitehorse unit #2. Once in a lifetime so those are all good!

We'll keep an eye on the river for sure, from what I understand that unit is pretty heavily land locked with private property so the only other real option is floating the river unless you want to pay a landowner some real $$$. So we'll be floating even if we have to duck tape all our rubber duckies together and ride those down.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-18 AT 06:47PM (MST)[p] Pulled a S. Warner buck tag... got to go put some boot leather down scouting, and see what I can find. Good luck to everybody's up coming season.
Mike

>We'll keep an eye on the
>river for sure, from what
>I understand that unit is
>pretty heavily land locked with
>private property so the only
>other real option is floating
>the river unless you want
>to pay a landowner some
>real $$$. So we'll be
>floating even if we have
>to duck tape all our
>rubber duckies together and ride
>those down.

Most of the landwoners are under 3k. It'll cost you 1500 to float if you rent equipment.

The nice thing about the private is that you can scout all summer. believe you can hunt the white elephant for 2500 and that includes lodging. The ratay is 1500 last i heard.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind but I have one friend that has done it already and I know folks with equipment I can use so still leaning toward floating. However those fees are less than I thought they would be so we'll think it over but really appreciate the suggestion and info.

Second choice elk tag for me. Nothing to get excited about. Dad drew a Whitehorse deer tag......a new unit to us. Looking forward to checking it out

Anyone know when ODFW typically publishes the draw stats? I've got a lot of points burning a hole in my pocket. No time this year, but schedule will be wide open for 2019. Already trying to plan.

Been out for a week.

Be mindful of the point savers ahead of you, and 2020 when the season kicks back a week.

that's good info, I thought 2019 was went it kicked back a week and I was planning on burning some point but if that's the case I may use my AZ point next year and wait for 2020 to burn Oregon's.
Thanks.

Good info to know. I was surprised last year when I drew AZ when they kicked back their archery season a week. Didn?t affect odds much if any for my hunt. But ya I have plenty of points elsewhere I may elect to burn in this case. Utah or Colorado deer would make sense. Then if no luck there, try for the OR elk. Not too excited about having to hunt two weeks in August. This might explain the drop in top point pool level for my hunt last year. Will see.

Wow that is an early archery season for 2019. I won't be using my points that year. AZ here I come with 17 points and Oregon for elk deer and antelope for 2020. I've already drawn Mt. Emily in 2016 but I have enough friends that could average for a less point NE corner unit. as far as deer and antelope I'll have 19 points going into 2020 so I'll figure it out then.

>Wow that is an early archery
>season for 2019. I won't
>be using my points that
>year. AZ here I come
>with 17 points and Oregon
>for elk deer and antelope
>for 2020. I've already drawn
>Mt. Emily in 2016 but
>I have enough friends that
>could average for a less
>point NE corner unit. as
>far as deer and antelope