Draw

The actual draw doesn't start until after the deadline to apply. Usually takes about a month after application period closes.

Yep, deadline is Feb. 9th. Then two weeks before getting ready for draw. Lady at the office confirmed they will run the draw the next morning, after all cards are updated.

"The Arizona Game and Fish Department will no longer call customers to obtain payment on drawn applications where credit cards have failed. Deadline for updating your credit or debit card information online is 11:59 p.m. (Arizona time) Thursday, Feb. 25, 2021."

Just got mine done. I thought I would need some of the info I used to update my portal, nope, everything was just like last year.

I'm not hunting this year, but decided to make my points available...

bps.jpg

Come on Tony - take a hunters Ed course.
Well, you might find this hard to believe. In the early 1970s, I not only took the HE course but also became a volunteer instructor. And I still have both the cards and certificates to verify that. Then when I moved to Colorado in 1975, the local game warden, who became a good friend, tapped me to conduct a class in Bayfield each year.

So now fast forward to my return to AZ in 1980 and to the addition of the HE bonus point. When I asked about getting it for my PAST endeavors, I was told I would have to abide by the rule as written, which at the time stated a year to comply with the rule. So out of sheer stubborness, I have refused to retake HE just to get the BP. Even without it, tho, I've pulled my share of permits. including my desert sheep. All I lack for the "big ten" here is a bison. In my medical condition, that quest will never occur.

Last edited:
Well, you might find this hard to believe. In the early 1970s, I not only took the HE course but also became a volunteer instructor. And I still have both the cards and certificates to verify that. Then when I moved to Colorado in 1975, the local game warden, who became a good friend, tapped me to conduct a class in Bayfield each year.

So now fast forward to my return to AZ in 1980 and to the addition of the HE bonus point. When I asked about getting it for my PAST endeavors, I was told I would have to abide by the rule as written, which at the time stated a year to comply with the rule. So out of sheer stubborness, I have refused to retake HE just to get the BP. Even woithout, tho, I've pulled my share of permits. including my desert sheep. All I lack for the "big ten" here is a bison. In my medical condition, that quest will never occur.
Hello Tony. Any chance you could get a tag for bison on the Game and Fish ranch, the one where they designate which one you can shoot? Maybe get a couple of good guys to go along and help you get into position, and do the "heavy lifting", etc. I for one, would like to help out if you want to try.

Sure there's a chance, and I had been applying for that with no luck whenever they made a BULL permit available there. But now with the latest round of pneumonia I had last spring, the altitude on the Kaibab or at the ranch would be a real problem, even with my O2. So I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm done with any outdoor endeavors other than getting the mail out of the mailbox. :ROFLMAO:

That said, I have no regrets about quitting. I've been fortunate enough to hunt or fish in 39 states, 11 Canadian. provinces, Mexico, Africa and New Zealand. I've taken a slam of NA turkey species, three caribou species and all NA deer except a sika, plus a passel of other critters to fill two separate trophy rooms. So I have enjoyed a fruitful 65 of 79 yrs. outdoors thus far.

Best of all, my wife Ellen has put up with me and my ways for more than 58 years now. And right now, she's pretty much my life support.

And thanks for the offer to help. It's much appreciated.

Dam, I wish Rancho Sueno was still operating! I'd pick you up and drive over. They used bison calves to train cutter horses, over on Olive Ave. They'd sell off the bison whenever they got too big.

my license is good until feb 10th of this year, guess I need a new one for the draw 2021, correct?
WapitiBob is correct for the elk/antelope draw - as long as your license is good on February 9th (last day of application period), you are good to go.

If you plan to apply for deer later on this year though, you will need a new license then.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom