Drawing Moose and the fires aftermath...

elks96

Long Time Member
So I was just checking. Any word on How CPW ended up handling Moose hunters in the fire units? What is the end result?

Did they roll the licenses forward a year and as a result reduce drawing quotes for this fall?

What was the final decision?

I've been applying for moose since the day it started. I gave up when they increased the cost of the PP. I think I have like 17 or 18 weighted points. Good Luck to you who are still in. Bob

I've been applying for moose since the day it started. I gave up when they increased the cost of the PP. I think I have like 17 or 18 weighted points. Good Luck to you who are still in. Bob
You might check. I don't think you actually have to buy a point any more at all...

You might check. I don't think you actually have to buy a point any more at all...

Elks is right Bob. Use your points and keep applying. Or better yet sell a dozen of your points then apply! Seems easier to draw with half a dozen than closer to two dozen! ((sarcasm!))

That is new as of last year and is really a great option for those with a bunch of points who want to apply, but not pay for the expensive points as the difference in odds is very low at that point level if you had more points.

I also have like 20 total moose points and after reading an article on Toprut, it's clear that when you have lots of points, your odds hardly change by adding more points so I'm still applying but not buying any further points. It's really a ripoff for those that don't understand and think that continuing to accumulate will substantially help you draw. There are units you could draw a cow moose waaaaay easier than a bull if you just want some meat.....I'm tempted!

Makes you think that they found out it was illegal to make people purchase points or something. Wyoming started it this year too. I can not see them decreasing a major revenue source without reason.

I also have like 20 total moose points and after reading an article on Toprut, it's clear that when you have lots of points, your odds hardly change by adding more points so I'm still applying but not buying any further points. It's really a ripoff for those that don't understand and think that continuing to accumulate will substantially help you draw. There are units you could draw a cow moose waaaaay easier than a bull if you just want some meat.....I'm tempted!
When a LARGE pile of guys peel off and stop buying points, the value of points, for those who keep buying, will go up--eventually.

its all for nothing boys, wolves in colorado by the end of 2023. You got two years!!!

And these are not the wolves that were native these are those canad----- HAHHAHAHAHA damn almost got it typed out before I died laughing

its all for nothing boys, wolves in colorado by the end of 2023. You got two years!!!

And these are not the wolves that were native these are those canad----- HAHHAHAHAHA damn almost got it typed out before I died laughing
Do you really think that? I’d say if they dropped wolves off on the Western slope tomorrow you’d still have 10-15 years and 20-30 years before any real damage occurs on the front range units which of, are the best units.

Do you really think that? I’d say if they dropped wolves off on the Western slope tomorrow you’d still have 10-15 years and 20-30 years before any real damage occurs on the front range units which of, are the best units.
Are you kidding me? Wolves are going to destroy Colorado hunting. Trust me, I’ve read all the comments from guys who have never seen a wolf. It’s over!

I agree, it’s not good, but no way it will affect the front range units for 10s of years. Draw a line from Antero reservoir to vail up to WY and East, no way those will get hammered any time soon.

Ok, it's that time of the year. Which unit? I've got 17 or 18 weighted points. 6, 28, 74, Grand Mesa.

Looks like 28 is out-----2020 tag holders have guaranteed 2021

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom