Draws are over, where are you all going this year?

lostinOregon

Very Active Member
I spend all year planning next years hunts. This year the family will be doing some travelling. Where are you guys headed?

Alberta fall bear-Wife
Oregon deer-all of the family
Oregon elk-oldest son
Colorado deer 2nd season-me
Colorado elk 2nd season-me
Colorado 3rd season deer-Dad
Colorado 4th season deer-oldest son
Montana deer-oldest son
Alberta mule deer-me

We make it a family affair, fortunately, I will be able to go on every hunt. Thinking of doing the HAC this year with just a bunch of field photos. I will post a few photos of some deer that got away from us last year. Hoping that they are still around. Good luck to everyone,

Rich

I'd need another job that pays 8 weeks vacation to keep up on that.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Sounds like a great season. Mine isn't nearly as exciting but I'm looking forward to it

South Dakota Archery Mule deer
Wisconsin Archery Whitetail
Minnesota Archery Whitetail
Wyoming 21 antelope for me/wife/twin 13 year olds
Wisconsin Rifle Whitetail

Rich Your gonna be busy Have fun.

California Blacktail
Colorado Deer/Elk 3rd season
Wyoming Whitetail
Got a new Duck blind 15 minutes from my house so I will be spending a lot of time there.

Wow lostinO hope you have enough freezer space. As for me Cali AO deer tag- New Mexico early muzzle loader elk- Utah general deer. September salmon on the Feather river and all fall and winter stripers and sturgeon in the California Delta and always pop a few predators and hogs in between.

>I guess I am going fishing.
>

And I Might be going Fishing too if BIGJOHN will let Me go with Him!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Wow, some of you were lucky in draws. I, unfortunately was not that lucky so it will be whitetail and hogs close to home with a tuna trip out of Venice La. Still have my name in the hat for a couple hunts here in Tx. Maybe I can luck out on one or two there.

Utah - SW Desert Muzzy Elk me
Colorado - 2nd Season cow tag me
Colorado - Unit 61 Muzzy Bull and Buck Tags, hunting buddies
Colorado - Third Season Buck Tag, Daughter
Colorado - PLO cow tag daughter Sept 1st thru Dec 31st
Colorado - 4th Season cow tag, buddy
Colorado - PLO bear tag Oct 1st thru Nov 14th, me

Gonna be busy and still no plans for when/how I'm gonna hunt Colorado deer and bull. Hopefully PU something off reissue list!

Good Luck all.

Me?

I got one of those "Divorce Tags". Ya know, late season rifle mule deer in Nevada (Dec 21 to Jan 1st).

The day I found out, I did a full family alert saying Christmas is going to be at our house and I will be there Christmas Eve and Day, leaving in the afternoon to go back hunting if necessary. Of course......no replies.

Recently, daughter informs family her husband may have to work week of Christmas (they live on the coast, northern Kali with new grandbaby). Wife says she's spending Christmas with daughter and new grandbaby.

Guess I'm hunting the whole season............

>Me?
>
>I got one of those "Divorce
>Tags". Ya know, late
>season rifle mule deer in
>Nevada (Dec 21 to Jan
>1st).
>
>The day I found out, I
>did a full family alert
>saying Christmas is going to
>be at our house and
>I will be there Christmas
>Eve and Day, leaving in
>the afternoon to go back
>hunting if necessary. Of
>course......no replies.
>
>Recently, daughter informs family her husband
>may have to work week
>of Christmas (they live on
>the coast, northern Kali with
>new grandbaby). Wife says
>she's spending Christmas with daughter
>and new grandbaby.
>
>Guess I'm hunting the whole season............
>

Did you get 021 or 015? Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-18 AT 11:52AM (MST)[p]Got enough tags to keep me occupied, and do some traveling. Will keep the HAC updated with adventures.

Kansas - Whitetail buck and doe, Units 1 and 2
Wyoming - Late Whitetail in Dubois, Unit 128
Wyoming - Two reduced price doe tags, Unit 128
Arizona - Helping hunting partner on early archery elk, Unit 8
Idaho - Muzzleloader antelope
Idaho - Late rifle bull elk, for me and wife
Idaho - General whitetail, extra whitetail doe, bear, lion, wolf
Texas - Redfish and trout, maybe some deer hunting if lucky in public draws

You've got a lot going there lostinOregon!

I have;

Utah Rifle Deer, but will really just be taking my son
Wyoming Deer
Colorado Deer, but may return that tag
3rd Season CO Deer for my son
4th Season CO Elk for my wife, but she's about out of vacation, so that one might be a no go

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Ya, Retirement is treating you well Rich. I'm about there!!! :) Nothing to special for me or mine this year.

Already had a great Idaho General bear hunt as always :)

This fall.

Utah General Muzzle loader deer.
Utah General Muzzle loader elk.
Wyoming General Region H rifle.

LostinOregon, I thought you were busy till I totaled up everything I had lined up!!

Archery X zone Ca ... me
D3-5 CA. (Prolly won't have time to hunt)...me
Nevada. Rifle deer. .......me
Nevada cow elk.......... me
Nevada late Cow Hunt ... oldest son
Nevada Jr Deer (my oldest son, NV resident, is donating his time to take 2 new Junior hunters that he got signed up with hunter safety
Utah late Manti bull hunt ....middle son
CA X zone deer hunt ..... oldest daughter
CA D3-5 (No draw anywhere ?) youngest son
CA D3-5. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. ^^ Youngest daughter

Whew!!! Busiest year I've had in awhile.

Good luck to all.

I went 0 for every western state on all species but I'm very excited to take my 16 yr old daughter to unit 15 NM on her first bull hunt. I love those youth hunts NM has to offer.

Applied for all the states I have points in. I drew the unexpected New Mexico 16A first season rifle elk tag. That will be good enough for me.

I didn't put in this year. Not knowing how long it would take to heal from a knee replacement (three weeks out and its looking really good now!). OTC deer and elk will do for me this year.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-18 AT 09:48PM (MST)[p]A usual ho-hum season for me...didn't draw much.

Start in late August with the annual fish slaying trip to Kodiak Island...halibut, ling, rockfish, salmon, yada yada.

September Wyoming rifle cow elk for myself and elk hunting partner who is 74 this year.

Rifle pronghorn for myself and wife mid-September. I have an OK tag, she drew a great tag in central Wyoming.

General deer in Wyoming in early October for me.

General Wyoming elk for myself and annual hunting camp. Usually run about 80% success on elk, so the camp will get 4-5 elk on that trip.

Help a good friends Uncle and Son on a great bull tag in Wyoming in late October early November.

Mid November help my Dad, Brother, and Nephew who all drew limited quota mule deer in Montana. I have a half priced NR MT deer tag as well. If time permits, will help my youngest nephew with his second deer and help the rest with elk.

Mid-late November, come back to Wyoming and hunt Wyoming type 3 additional whitetail buck for myself.

Fill Wyoming elk tag number three prior to Dec. 12 or so.

Mid December, head to Arizona and scout a couple days prior to and hunt my late coues tag for up to the last 17 days in December.

January/Februrary catch some trophy sized brookies, cuts, and rainbows through the ice in Wyoming with a friend from Montana.

Having lots of leave has its privileges....

>>I guess I am going fishing.
>>
>
>
>And I Might be going Fishing
>too if BIGJOHN will let
>Me go with Him!:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

You know you just need to show up at the gate! But if you really want to catch big fish ? Have Brad the owner of the Bowery Haven to take you out. ??

Utah Gen season elk
Utah Muzzy deer
Colorado 3rd season deer

Not sure I have any standards this year, just looking to get out in the hills and see some critters. Looking forward to wandering the hills and letting the imagination take me away from the busy life I am currently living.

I love seeing that other people also disregard everything else to go hunt. It makes me feel better about using almost every vacation day this fall/winter to hunt somewhere. Just had a baby, she's cute, but she doesn't have headgear.

CO muzzy elk, deer, then pronghorn
WY rifle pronghorn
NM rifle mule deer
AZ rifle coues'
AZ late muzzy elk
NM muzzy ibex, then rifle javelina

In January, helping a buddy with his NM archery Ibex and unit 32 etc Barbary sheep

New Zealand bound in May 2019 for tahr and chamois (2nd trip)

Hope everyone posts pictures of their critters from this thread.

Just pheasant season in SD, Mostly sitting at home.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Cali pronghorn - finally
Cali B zone blacktail/bear
Cali X zone (helping a friend)
Cali D3-5
Colorado 3rd season deer

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-18 AT 04:30PM (MST)[p]CA A zone blacktail- wife, middle daughter, oldest daughter, me
CA B zone blacktail- wife, my 3 daughters, me
CA J3 apprentice hunt blacktail- youngest daughter
Oregon Interstate mule deer- middle daughter
Wyoming mule deer/ antelope- oldest daughter and wife
Wyoming elk- me
CA wild pig tags in hand too!

lostinOregon, I'd like to hear about your Alberta deer hunt, I'm planning one in the next couple years. Good luck to you and the family on all your hunts

Utah: 5 tags
Gen Season Archery Deer Boulders
Doe tag Fremont River Valley
Gen Archery Elk
Double doe antelope

Wyoming: 3 tags
Region Buck tags
Two doe deer tags

Hoping to get it all done in the fewest amounts of hunts. Freezer was full last year, going to fill it back up here soon!

Looks like some fun adventures ahead for many members. I'm really looking forward to this coming season.

Me-
Alaska- 14 day drop camp for moose with a good friend. Both of us have tags. I bought a wolf tag also. It's been my dream hunt for many years, excited its finally happening.

Arizona- Got a little lucky and drew a late Dec coues deer tag in central az with 6 points. Will be a really fun hunt. My wife drew the same tag in 2013 and got a nice buck.

Utah- My home state- I'll pick up one of the new GS multiseason bull elk tags and am currently enrolled in the Dedicated Hunter Program that allows me to deer hunt all 4 seasons. Will hunt both tags a day or two here and there each season when work allows me to get home. I will also pick up a PLO cow elk tag to fill the freezer.

My wife-
Utah- GS muzzleloader deer in a unit we haven't deer hunted before. Looking forward to spending a week just focusing on her and enjoying time together exploring new country.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-18 AT 02:38PM (MST)[p]Very low key season on tap for me due to the wife retiring and immigrating to US last week. In future years I'll get a free hall pass for entire hunting season as she will stay at her Sichuan condo, but not this year. She will be here thru February so I just burned my WY deer points for a unit 87 hunt. Will bow hunt that early September, then return for rifle late October. So I am taking the opportunity to take a western vacation trip to visit family in Colorado & Nevada. Scout the Paunsagunt while taking wife to Bryce Canyon. Hope to draw the archery deer tag there soon. Then spend 3 days in Utah SW Desert helping with my buddy?s archery elk hunt there.

Will return to IL for November archery deer season but not optimistic about that. Just one special late season bow tag drawn that I severely doubt is in fact special.

Brother drew dall sheep (-2%) draw odds, I drew Ft Rich muzzy bull moose (5%) and ID 46-2 (-2%) bull elk late. I definitely believe in the ?it happens in threes?.. this time it was the good kind. Making my second trip up for brothers sheep as that is a once in a lifetime type hunt. Muzzy moose will be with my 14 and 13 year old on base, and ID is a ?coming home? type hunt as I killed my first buck in 46 ( grew up in Wendell) and shot many a coyote in that country. Hopefully flat beer and fajitas to celebrate in Jackpot on that one.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-18 AT 08:37PM (MST)[p]Co: elk,deer,bear, antelope, help out on a couple sheep hunts and lions come winter.

Wyo: antelope/muleys

ID: Deer

Nebraska: whitetail

The wife:
Colorado:
Unit 10 rifle elk (hybrid)

Plains late rifle tag for muleys

Coloradoboy

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-18 AT 00:26AM (MST)[p]Self:
Utah for archery buck deer (10 to 15 miles from home).
Utah for antlerless deer (10 to 15 miles from home).
Utah for doe pronghorn (35 to 40 miles from home).
Utah for rifle any bull elk (50 to 55 miles from home).

Daughter, son-in law, grandson:
Utah for buck deer rifle hunt. (300 miles from my home).
And if we can arrange it, Utah again for 1 to 3 depredation doe deer tags (1/4 mile to 1 mile from my home).

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-18 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]Nada in draws this year except Alaska late Archery Moose...

Right now as it stands, I'll do the following....

CA - Archery Deer
NE - Archery Whitetail Hunt in Sept
POW - Archery Sitka Blacktail Oct/Nov
AK - Dec

'Ike'

Bowhunter...

It's going to be a fun year

Utah- archery deer down south
. Multi season Elk

Idaho deer

Colorado- 4th season deer

Nebraska November rifle whitetail

Iowa late muzz whitetail.

WY - Antelope Buck

WY - 2x Antelope Doe

WY - Buck Deer

WY - Bull Elk

WY - Cow Elk

WY - Bison

WY - Sage Chicken

WY - Early Goose

UT - MZ Buck Deer

Just waiting on a couple crane draws.

My lucky son drew archery elk tags in Northern Nevada early season and the Pahvant. I drew an archery whitetail tag in Kansas and a 3rd season deer tag in Colorado. I'll also hunt wild boar and roe bucks in Sweden. I turned back a Nevada archery deer tag as it was the same dates as my sons elk hunt plus another overseas commitment came up. Also have a good buddy that drew the late Dutton Utah elk tag that I will assist with. Can?t wait to get after it.

Just third season deer in Colorado this year. I have a friend with a mountain goat tag, and a family with a whole bunch of general deer tags in Utah. Right now, I only have 64 hours of annual leave so I am going to be depressed this fall.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom