Draws

Not interested in hearing about hunting from people in the Seattle area. I know they go every opening weekend and know everything they need to know from internet research. I can't stomach that site.

Well, I plan to do pretty much the same as the last seven years I've been here. I will apply for goat, moose, and sheep. I'll also apply for quality deer and elk. I do plan on apply for the multi-season tag this year. I don't expect to get drawn for anything, so I am already planning to hunt the High Hunt. I have been upgrading my gear. Hopefully fire season this year will allow me to actually get out there and hunt. If not, I plan on hunting deer during the general season. Where I hunt elk, there are only like a handful of elk there, but that's where my buddies always hunt, so I'll probably go out and see a track every other day or so. I am banking on out of state tags. I didn't draw a single one last year, but my home state of New Mexico is usually good to me for deer tags.

"Want to get some discussion about it. Not into other sites. What are your plans for this year"

So tell us what your plans are!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-19 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p]drew elk in Wyoming so because lack of vacation time I'm done

Well....here it goes
Washington putting in for everything. Probably wont draw anything but I have 12 or 13 pts in stuff. Gonna lower my standards drastically to just get a tag.

Idaho deer and elk (long shots)
Utah antelope. Points only for deer and elk.
Oregon points.
Nevada just long shots.
Wyoming points except antelope. I will draw that one.

So...if I draw, I will be lucky but will have a damn fine hunt. I will throw a few bucks in the raffles too.

Spring bear would be a mild success. Drew two years in a row and got two phase bears. They were both good bears. 200 lbs plus.

I like horns and hunting in the fall.

AK - I already struck out on AK Mtn. Goat.
WY- points only for Elk,Antelope and Deer.
AZ - Points only For Elk and Antelope will put in for points for Muleys and possibly try to draw a Coues tag. (3 points)
Utah - I am in for LE Deer and Elk as well as Mtn. Goat, Rocky sheep and Desert Sheep. PTs only for Gen Deer.
NM - Will put in for Elk, Mule Deer and Ibex.
CO - I will try and burn my points on a 3rd season Gunny Basin Deer hunt and points only for Elk, Sheep and Goat.
NV - Waiting period for Elk, will put in for Deer, Desert Sheep and Cali Sheep. Drew Antelope last year.
WA - Will put in for Sheep and Goat (21 points) Quality Elk (21 points) Quality Deer. Points only for Bull Elk, Cow Elk, Cow Moose.
ID - In for Elk and Deer

Should Draw Co Deer tag with 14 points.
Will put in for Coues in AZ if I don't hit any other good tags.

Wy. No elk tag.
AZ. No elk or antelope tag.
Mont. Sheep,Moose,Goat.
Id. Sheep
Ut. Sheep, Moose,Goat,Deer,Elk,good chance for Antelope.
Co. Sheep,Moose,points for Elk,Antelope should draw Deer done with Goat.
Or. Sheep.
Wy. Sheep,Moose,Goat,Antelope, points for Deer,Elk.
Az. Sheep,Coues Deer.
Wa. Sheep,Moose,Goat,Deer,Elk.
Ak. Sitka deer on Kodiak.

And will be with with my son and friends on any tag they draw.
Good luck to all in the draw games.

>Right on. I got another spring
>bear tag! Kelly Hill. 0
>points. Bonus.

Dang I had 7 points and didnt draw that tag, congrats!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom