Draws

I'm one of those lucky dudes that no longer gets a choice because I drew the desert three years ago. But if you're at all interested in pursuing the Grand Slam, then the desert should be your first choice, because that's actually the more difficult of the two to obtain. I actually had no such ambition until I found out how lucky I was to draw a desert. Now I feel obligated to go after the other three. I'm currently making arrangements to go after a Dall in August 2021, then a stone two years after that, and then finally a rocky after that unless I'm so fortunate as to also draw that tag between now and then.

Best of luck sir, I'd probably be thinking along the same lines. Sadly don't think my bride would give me the thumbs up on laying out that kind of cash for Dall and Stone. Keep us posted

I'm one of those lucky dudes that no longer gets a choice because I drew the desert three years ago. But if you're at all interested in pursuing the Grand Slam, then the desert should be your first choice, because that's actually the more difficult of the two to obtain. I actually had no such ambition until I found out how lucky I was to draw a desert. Now I feel obligated to go after the other three. I'm currently making arrangements to go after a Dall in August 2021, then a stone two years after that, and then finally a rocky after that unless I'm so fortunate as to also draw that tag between now and then.

good luck I’m hopeful to achieve a grand slam as well hopefully!!! I have a long ways to go. Mind me ask how old you are? I’m 31 and trying to go on a dall sheep hunt as well as a stone before I’m 40 and then hopefully draw a desert and rocky.

I'd say you're doing really well if you're able to do that. I'm going to turn 58 this month. The battle for me now is trying to keep myself conditioned well enough to be able to do these hunts--can't believe how fast old age is catching up to me...

According to the NM Sheep Biologist that I spoke to a couple years ago, only one person has been fortunate enough to draw both a rocky and a desert in NM. I plan to be the second, but if that doesn't happen by the time I'm in my mid-60s, Alberta is my back-up plan.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom