Dream Ranch?

Colorado , a mix of Low country and high ground , something with Elk sheep ,muleys, antelope and bear, only problem I don't think $ 5 M is enough to by what I would want . Maybe $10 to $15 M

dwalton , he got ya on that . $5 M To spend on ranch. If I had $5 M I would be like you and hunt like a crazy man , here there and everywhere

A ranch equals a full time job. Plus you don’t get much these days fo five million. Then it has to produce to pay the taxes yet alone the other expenses. Sorry to be a Debbie downer. But take the money and go hunting if that’s what you want. ??? That reminds of something Doctor Evil ....1 million dollars. ???

Bugling elk ranch a few miles east of Gateway Colo. unit 40. It qualifies for land owner tags.
Was driving back to camp from Gateway two years ago between 1st and 2nd rifle season and from the highway saw about 25 elk on the property, 2 six point, 2 five point and several raghorn bulls.

It butts up to the national forest.

Don't know if it is still for sale, it was when we drove past two years ago and they were asking just over 5 million.

I know one for sale that has sheep , elk, deer , pronghorn and bears for way less than 5 M.

I'm guessing most who are looking for a dream ranch have never had anything to do with ranching.
The problems comes because you cannot do nothing with it. You are forced to do something with it.

Yes take the 5 million and hunt yourself into exhaustion.
Much better ROI.

I think I would have to find something here in Texas. 5 mil won’t go too far but would get a nice place with deer, turkey, dove, quail maybe javelina, and possibly some free range exotics.

I know one for sale that has sheep , elk, deer , pronghorn and bears for way less than 5 M.
Hey Tex, I'm in if you will lend me the money!
But the real question is can I hunt sheep every year???? or only when I draw a tag.
I'm guessing you are referring to a property in the great state of Wyoming???

The ranch I goose hunt on, more or less to see it doesn't get developed into a housing tract or golf course. Plant some grain plots, maybe dig a few ponds for ducks and put in a couple pits. Lease portions to the current grazer.

Bunny Ranch Nevada always for sale.
D2744A07-570F-4CE8-9A0C-C7948F1D089C.png

Maybe the Swan Valley, just came back from Antlerfest it is so green and beautiful and Palisades Reservoir , spectacular !

I have dreamed of this question for almost my whole life. I buy lottery tickets when it gets over $200 million in hopes I could buy that monster ranch. No doubt I'd buy in Wyoming, in the southeast part of the state. And with some of the rest of my $200 million, I'd also buy a big place in SE Alberta. I'd sure run cattle, but would emphasize mule deer to the hilt. Predators and cow elk would be in trouble.

Assuming $5mil is enough to buy whatever. Let's say Deseret. Let's say, Alton. Lets say, Ensign Ranches. They all have what I'd like in a ranch. I'm guessing all are more than $5mil though.

I'm guessing most who are looking for a dream ranch have never had anything to do with ranching.
The problems comes because you cannot do nothing with it. You are forced to do something with it.
Can you please explain what you mean by this statement "you cannot do nothing with it. You are forced to do something with it." Who is going to force you and why?

Can you please explain what you mean by this statement "you cannot do nothing with it. You are forced to do something with it." Who is going to force you and why?
I believe it's a reference to the opportunity cost of having $5 million tied up in land. Land rich, cash poor. You have to "do something" to generate income. Which wasn't really the essence of the question because I'd assume having $5 million to spend on a hunting ranch means that you do in fact have $5 million to spend on a hunting ranch and that it's probably not your only $5 million.

As for me, I'd be looking for anything with multiple species and OTC tags. Or one of the states that has guaranteed landowner tags. Nothing worse than a hunting ranch you only get to hunt every couple years.....

Buying a dream ranch sure sounds romantic but buying income producing Real Estate with that same money (which will easily out-produce a ranch for income) is the smart money move.
Then hunt almost anywhere, almost whenever you want on the income and never touch the principle.
You don't get tied to one ranch that way.

Too practical?
Okay buy the ranch then and enjoy the he!! out of it!

Zeke

The land needs to be managed. Doesn't matter if it just used for hunting or ranching in general.

Noxious weeds come to mind right off the bat. The county, state will be more than happy to tell you to take care of the problem.

Now if you want to pay someone else to manage it go ahead live it up.

I did farm without money sure would like to try it once with money.
5M would ONLY buy about 5 or 6 sections of good farmland.

$10K an acre for something that large is a stupid price, unless it had infrastructure already established, and everything plotted out. Just because it's close to Aspen doesn't make it worth 2-3X more than normal Colorado property

Forbes bought a White River ranch upstream from Meeker for around $40,000,000 a few months ago. The Nottingham ranch was listed for $100M for 20,000 acres..."they ain't making anymore "!

$10K an acre for something that large is a stupid price, unless it had infrastructure already established, and everything plotted out. Just because it's close to Aspen doesn't make it worth 2-3X more than normal Colorado property
We have a cabin on 40 acres right in the middle of this place. I would guess they're asking about double of what it's worth. But these days you just never know!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom