Drew 67 4th rifle deer

buckhunter64

Drew with 21 NR Points. Now to see how many tags they issued this year, as they only issued 4 NR tags last year. My luck they increased it to about 20 tags and it will be crowded! If anybody has any suggestions on how to hunt it I would appreciate it. I just wanted out of the rat race and will be happy with a 160+ deer since it wont require an outfitter.

Congrats on the tag. We drew 67 2nd season for deer. Never been to this area so it will be fun to see what we can turn up.

Probably only 1 more non-resident license, so likely not much change in the points needed. I bet you have a great hunt!

You will see a ton of 160 bucks- they are dime a dozen there. If that is your shtick, try to wait until the last day to fill your tag- you may see something into the 190-200 range in the meantime if you are patient and persistent. Take a good camera along so you can get lots of pics of bucks- in some cases you will be driving among them. Congrats on a fun hunt!

Cheers- Dave

Well, my buddy didn't draw with 20 points so I don't think they raised it much? Congrats on the tag, hope you get a stud!

I drew 67 4th as a Res. 15 points. I live about 40 or so miles away from unit waiting for the snow and mud to go away so I can get over there and look around and put some cams out.

The draw stats are up on CPW website that will show the draw results.

PM me if you want

Good Luck! on Your Hunt it should be a good hunt 4th

Go to CPW website and look at the stats in the Hunting Big Game Section they are all on there Deer and Elk and everything else in CO

"Congrats on the tag. We drew 67 2nd season for deer. Never been to this area so it will be fun to see what we can turn up."

93220screenshot20180620061727.jpg

My Unit 67, 2nd rifle deer from a 2017...
I scouted all summer long and found this guy with some unique characterstics... he was the 4th buck I saw on a mid day walk thru a honey hole I discovered that was nowhere near where I had scouted. What I will tell you for 2nd season... if you see a buck you like, you may not see him the next day as during that time of year, the deer are transitioning to lower elevations... its not your typical put them to bed and go hunt them in the morning... 2nd season the deer are moving

4th rifle ... I am interested to see what you turn up...

Highly recommend Tomahawk Guest Ranch for rentable heated cabins and additional amenities....

I have never hunted 4th season but what I would target is where public land borders on private and catch one sneeking onto or off of the fenceline.... I will send you a PM and see if I can help you out...

I drew NR archery 67. Am I correct in assuming the snow levels are still pretty significant at the higher elevations? Planning a scouting trip last week of July.

You should ok the last week of July. I texted with my buddy who was in the unit yesterday; he said that Stewart Peak is showing bare spots and logging operations have begun in the beetle kill. The creeks are raging and Gunnison is supposed to hit 80 degrees next week.

For next season, I'm trying to decide on either 66 or 67 ? 3 rd season, only have 11 points to go for a tag. I've never hunted either unit, only hunted 551 before the big blizzards of ?07-?08 wiped out the Gunnison Herds so badly. Did not fire a shot in 551, never saw anything better than a 170 stretching it.
Since you dropped 15 points on 4 th
66, I wish you best of luck as you obviously like 66 best. ??
I'm very interested in your hunt & what you find !! Would you mind me contacting you in Dec to see about your experiences in this hunt ?
Thanks so much !
Jerry Gold? Ft Collins, Co
E M: best? [email protected]
Cell: Text: 307-773-1623

>Buckhunter64 and Comules,
>
>How did the 4th season hunt
>go. Can you share
>about the hunt and maybe
>pics? Thanks.

The weather was good for suntanning but not so good for deer hunting

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom