Drew a CO unit 21 second season deer tag!!

DidIDraw

Just saw the charge hit my CC. My son drew the Book Cliffs north tag for the same week so we'll be able to hunt together.

Would love any advice anyone is willing to share about either of these areas. I'll be able to arrive the day before the hunt and stay the entire time. I'll also be able to scout a couple of times this summer to find camping spots, access points, etc.

I had that tag a few years ago and got a decent buck. Saw quite a few smaller bucks in the 140 class. Be patient and hunt hard. there are a lot of deer in the unit. Later in the week was better for me as I think my buck was starting to pre-rut and was with some does. I didn't hunt the utah border and I assume that is where you will be hunting. I hear that is a great part of the unit though. I plan to hunt that unit again, so I curious how you end up doing. Good luck to you.

I have the same tag. Planning on getting my teenage son an OTC elk tag focusing on that for the 1st half of the season then I'll see if I can find a buck. I just like hunting elk more than deer :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom