Drew Moose! Finally!

375hunter

Got the email - after years finally drew 61-1...Was along a few year back on a friends hunt and he killed a 44" moose next door in 61-2...

Plan to be up there the end of July for a week of scouting as I haven't spent much time over by Spencer or Dubois side. Will be up there on the opener as I really want to shoot a bull in Velvet if the end of August isn't too late for that.

Any information anyone is willing to share on this unit or hunting shiras moose in general is welcomed.

Will be posting pics for sure...

I like Moose hunting, you drew a good unit, good luck!
Got the email - after years finally drew 61-1...Was along a few year back on a friends hunt and he killed a 44" moose next door in 61-2...

Plan to be up there the end of July for a week of scouting as I haven't spent much time over by Spencer or Dubois side. Will be up there on the opener as I really want to shoot a bull in Velvet if the end of August isn't too late for that.

Any information anyone is willing to share on this unit or hunting shiras moose in general is welcomed.

Check your pm’s 375. Congrats.

Is that the Island Park area?

West side, over by Spencer and Kilgore. There are some pretty good ones taken in 3 Mile and Rattlesnake each year, and Dairy Creek on the north side has some too. Up Camas Creek toward Table Mt. is very popular with elk hunters, and they will tell you what they see, but no roads except in the bottoms. Be prepared for a long heavy walk!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom