Drew Nevada Unit 114-115 Muzzy tag

New here, Got lucky after a really long iota e of applying for NV this year, Drew 114-115 Muzzy tag. Have never been in those unit. Has anyone had that tag in the last 2 or 3 years that would be willing to let me pick their brain a bit? I am not looking for anyones honey holes. Just curious as to what I can expect on that hunt, what caliber of animals I can expect to see, etc. Dates are Nov10-Nov 30. Thank you in advance for your help.

I always wonder how come people apply for areas they have no clue about. Like what made you apply there and not a better unit.

Historically these units have killed some great deer. The units now are suffering. The deer densities are low. Especially in 114. A backpack style hunt in 114 on MT Moriah in the roadless areas could produce a fantastic deer.
The largest concentration of deer is on the northern end of 115.
Around the ranches on the west side of 115 will have some good bucks as well.
Good luck on your hunt. It's desolate out there make sure you have 2 spares. ?

I always wonder how come people apply for areas they have no clue about. Like what made you apply there and not a better unit.

Historically these units have killed some great deer. The units now are suffering. The deer densities are low. Especially in 114. A backpack style hunt in 114 on MT Moriah in the roadless areas could produce a fantastic deer.
The largest concentration of deer is on the northern end of 115.
Around the ranches on the west side of 115 will have some good bucks as well.
Good luck on your hunt. It's desolate out there make sure you have 2 spares. ?
Thank you for the feedback. I put in for the hunt as I am wanting to try to hunt the mule deer in the rut and it came highly recommended by A few reputable connections in Area. I was in there in late December on a rocky mountain sheep hunt in 115 with my hunting partner and like the area as well. I appreciate your feedback and have heard some of the same in your recommendations. Based on my research and my communication with some government officials that’s on par.

Because someone will come along and tell them where to go....................................
I’m not looking for anybody’s honey holes or anything else. But rather just information on better times of the season in their experience and what one could expect. I take a lot of pride in being able to research and turn up animals on my own but like others I am also willing to Ask questions and seek advice from others that have come before me in the unit who are willing to help. I think it’s important that is Sportsmans we help each other out as much as possible. With that said again not looking for anybody’s honey holes or even as such. But rather just some general information.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom