Drew Region F Deer

W

WaHunter

Hello everyone.

Looks like I will be hunting in region F for deer this fall. This will be my first ever trip hunting out of my home state. I would appreciate any general areas to check out.......should I try to secure hunting permision on private land..etc. I'm not holding out for any monster buck, just a good representative 4 point will do in the 150" range. Any info would be great and much appreciated. Also I will be contacting the local wildlife bio...just haven't gotten that far yet.

There are som Hunter Managment areas you could access and there are some walk in areas too.

Lots of whitetails and some muelys ....

Decent amount of public ground to hunt.

Robb

I just bought my region F tag yesterday and one for my buddy too. I'm lucky enough to have a buddy that lives up on the north fork near Wapiti that I can hunt and stay with. Its not a monster buck area like region G, but its a nice place to go to and there are a decent number of deer. I've seen some pretty good ones there. Its also nice to have a fall-back hunt as my 13 deer points weren't enough for a deer hunt in CO!

Any general areas to start looking?.......I have limited time, so I will not be able to wander all over the region looking for a starting point. A unit number or two would do just fine.

Thanks

I live in region F and I know the different general areas quite well. I like 127 alot there are some truly big bucks in that area but they are far and few between. Its more of a desert lowland hunt and can be difficult just seeing many deer. Another option that may be better for finding a 150+ buck would be to hunt up the south fork of the shoshone outside of cody. Just do some hiking and get away from the people and you should be able to find the kind of buck you're after. The last time I hunted the south fork I could have killed a few bucks of that size the first day i was there. If you go the south fork or even north fork route I would hunt the last week of Oct. Just some general info that may hopefully help you out.

Thanks Wyo!!! Much appreciated!!! And yes I will be looking for a Muley Buck....If I stumble across a good whitetail, I'd most likely take a shot.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom