Drew Valle Caldera Muzzy Tag

slickhunter

Well, after ~10yrs, finaly got lucky, odds are not easy for a non-resident, but pretty pumped I'll have the opportunity to hunt this awesome place. Looks like awesome country, can't wait.

I see a bunch of folks on this site have hunted the VC before, if anyone is willing to offer any advice, I'm all ears. First thing I'm trying to do is figure out where to stay, camp or room/hotel. Rather camp somewhere close, but flying in so paying x-baggage fees for camping gear is pricy, but then so is $100/night for a room.

time for this flat-lander to start training to get in mountain shape

Stay at the La Cueva Lodge. 15 minutes from the VC gate and very comfortable.

It's maybe $75/night for a room with fridge. Nice folks!

LAST EDITED ON May-03-15 AT 08:33PM (MST)[p]My 280 bull from the VC from last year! I love this guy.
Great hunt....but it's still a hunt. No guarantees. Have a blast!

804720141014_081931-1_resized.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-03-15 AT 08:36PM (MST)[p]>Stay at the La Cueva Lodge.
>15 minutes from the VC
>gate and very comfortable.
>
>It's maybe $75/night for a room
>with fridge. Nice folks!

This.....and a microwave and gas grills behind the rooms. There is a restaurant across the parking lot open till 8 or sometimes if he's busy, until 9.

JFBNORTHERNHUNTER
That is a really good looking VC bull. A lot of those bulls have weak 3rds. I'd have to assume that was one of the better bulls killed on your hunt or that year.

This is the bull I got a few years back on the rifle hunt. It was around the 20th of Oct and the bulls were still screaming.

mini_IMG_0121.jpg

MT_Grizz.jpg

I drew a VC November hunt, and haven't received the authorization e-mail, either. It's not in my spam or junk folders, so I'll check with them tomorrow and will let you know if I hear anything.

The email I received after the draw said the authoeization, etc info would be sent by May 23rd, but have yet to receive it. Seems like they are running late on the email notices.

Talked with VC last week, they are revising the hunt area map and are hoping to send the emails out this week.

Typical Federal Government, can't get their chit together enough to muster up a few emails on time. Probably spent $20k first on a 3rd party analytical study of who uses which email carrier and which font type would be most appropriate

Check your emails today...they sent info packets. Authorization letters will be snail-mailed in July. You'll need to call them to verify your mailing address (it's all in the material they emailed today). Good luck, everyone!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom