Drew WY 003-1 Mountain Goat – LOOKING for WY resident friends

Crampy

As an NR, I drew WY 003-1 Mountain Goat, 2022. So, I am looking to make friends with WY residents. I always make it worthwhile for people to be my friends, but you will have to hike in for multiple days and sit around a spike camp listening to me moan about the unfairness of the WY NR wilderness rule. And then, you’ll shoot whisky to deaden the pain while I grovel about how 90/10 on Big 5 after the PP price increases was NR highway robbery. And you’ll think to yourself, “didn’t this NR jerk just draw WY goat?”

I’m thinking early-mid Sep, although the goat tag is valid 9/1-10/31. I do have one WY friend already, but always looking for more to cover me 10-15 days or so.

PM me if interested in being a WY resident friend of mine.

10 day goat is up 25% for 2022 vs 2020 pricing. ($8-9K to now $10-12K)

That’s why I am looking for resident friends.

The Big 5 NR client pool for those wilderness guides drops by more than half starting next year (90/10 on Big 5). They do get a few resident clients but I suspect those numbers might deflate a bit. Or, at least plateau for a few years.

Might be hard to find a resident to help out after us residents got to hear all the cry baby post, how worthless and horrible we are. Just read the 90/10 thread. I think some bridges were burnt

Last edited:
Completely understand sore feelings after Wyomingites got beat up asking for 90/10 - something I have had for many years.

Everyone deserves "reciprocal" 90/10. I believe even Jims deserves 90/10 in CO if he could make the CPW budget work.

And if North Dakota and South Dakota, et.al. continue to refuse to "reciprocate" 90/10, then those residents should get 0% allocation from the other 90/10 states.

E.g. if SD, ND, et.al. continue to not even give a single NR tag if/when their elk/sheep/moose/goat tags exceed 10, then those residents get 0% allocation from their neighbors. At least for those species.

States have used informal reciprocal agreements in other areas for many years (e.g., OHV registration/licensing and college tuition). It has been a common method for states to lean on each other to achieve uniformity and common interests.

Completely understand sore feelings after Wyomingites got beat up asking for 90/10 - something I have had for many years.

Everyone deserves "reciprocal" 90/10. I believe even Jims deserves 90/10 in CO if he could make the CPW budget work.

And if North Dakota and South Dakota, et.al. continue to refuse to "reciprocate" 90/10, then those residents should get 0% allocation from the other 90/10 states.

E.g. if SD, ND, et.al. continue to not even give a single NR tag if/when their elk/sheep/moose/goat tags exceed 10, then those residents get 0% allocation from their neighbors. At least for those species.

States have used informal reciprocal agreements in other areas for many years (e.g., OHV registration/licensing and college tuition). It has been a common method for states to lean on each other to achieve uniformity and common interests.
Nice story dude, I still know some outfitters that will be your friend.

It is true that North Dakota allocates only 1% of their deer tags and 0% elk/moose/sheep to nonresident hunters but they get trampled by an unlimited number of nonresident waterfowl hunters, upland bird hunters, and fisherman. If you think they got it so great, go right ahead and move there. Enjoy the winters, mosquitoes, and outstanding job opportunities. I for one am thankful that I can still get nonresident ND bird hunting licenses every year, but those days may be numbered. Fact is that they really do not that have many deer, because winter habitat is extremely limited. It is already hard enough for the residents to get deer tags, and most are lucky to get one cow elk tag or cow moose tag In a lifetime. The elk and sheep herds are extremely limited in size and distribution, but it is still possible to get nonresident deer tags in ND because they are not really in high demand. I drew one of the most coveted ND deer tags, as a nonresident, with 15 points. Try to do that in Utah or most other western big game states. People need to recognize that each state has a unique set of circumstances before they start complaining too loudly.

As an NR, I drew WY 003-1 Mountain Goat, 2022. So, I am looking to make friends with WY residents. I always make it worthwhile for people to be my friends, but you will have to hike in for multiple days and sit around a spike camp listening to me moan about the unfairness of the WY NR wilderness rule. And then, you’ll shoot whisky to deaden the pain while I grovel about how 90/10 on Big 5 after the PP price increases was NR highway robbery. And you’ll think to yourself, “didn’t this NR jerk just draw WY goat?”

I’m thinking early-mid Sep, although the goat tag is valid 9/1-10/31. I do have one WY friend already, but always looking for more to cover me 10-15 days or so.

PM me if interested in being a WY resident friend of mine.
Is that Unit 3 just out of Alpine ? If so, I can tell you about my Sons hunt there right out of Alpine- great hunt ! We stayed at a motel in Alpine, lots of goats ?! The key is hunt last part of season to get great coat on the goats. If so on unit, send me a PM, E Mail : [email protected]
I’ll tell you all I can recall - from 2009. Great hunt area ! My Son really got lucky ? on that draw & hunt. What a memory ! We even got it on video with bullet trail in the photo !
Jerry Gold- in Windsor, Colorado

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom