Droptine Buck Photo Contest

Photo contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
In this photo contest, let's see some Droptine Buck Photos .... from any year. Success photos and live buck shots welcome! And encourage your buddies to share their pics too!
Share all the pics you've got, along with a little detail would be cool too.

The contest prizes will be a Phone Skope Kit for 1st place and Pyro Putty and an Arch Lighter for 2nd place. Thanks to the folks at Phone Skope for the gear! If you don't already own the a Phone Skope, then get over to their site and get one......that is if you don't win one here! It's a valuable piece of gear to have with you for helping to preserve your hunting and scouting adventures.

Get Yourself a Phone Skope
phone=skope-12720.jpg

My grandpa’s droptine buck that he killed long ago. I took this picture many years ago before he past away. The buck is 32” wide with a 13” droptine. The rake is a treasure in our family because of the memories it bring of my grandpa. A friend of his borrowed the rake after the hunt and won a rifle at one of the sporting good store contests. My grandpa never found that out until may years later. Not to may people messed with my grandpa back in his prime. I will likely never see a buck like this in my lifetime. Hope you enjoy.

4553CD37-F469-4F95-9BE4-B063AE2F2521.png

My brother got this one. UT general archery on highly pressured public land. Chased it for 3 years and was haunted each unsuccessful year, figuring that someone would get it on one of the gun hunts or poach it on the winter range. Finally got it. Decent droppers.

1880173D-66E0-48BF-BAB8-298990C80F95.jpeg

3622D12C-9F82-49DD-A3CB-92AC010EB347.png

AC00D788-DA79-4B5D-9C93-F4CC58D4CAEC.png

Last edited:
Saw him a couple days after these pics, he had shed left side. Hanging on private.

I hunted private land in his home turf the year after. Saw and passed on MANY bucks over about 15 or more days of hunting, hoping to see him. Never saw him.

Here's a droptine buck that my sweet, late wife took in 2009. She was a tough girl. Was dealing with stage 4 cancer, was in pain and not feeling very strong, but stuck with it and was able to shoot this buck late in the hunt. I sure miss her.
mmpic1421.jpg

Founder, do you remember the guy from Canada, that had some huge sheds off a palmated droptine buck like the sheds above, and he then ended up killing said buck a couple years later? The sheds had been chewed pretty bad. This had to have been early 2000's. Those sheds above sure brought back those sheds from years ago. I don't remember his name but I sure as heck remember that deer. If you could, we should find those pictures in the archives.

Founder, do you remember the guy from Canada, that had some huge sheds off a palmated droptine buck like the sheds above, and he then ended up killing said buck a couple years later? The sheds had been chewed pretty bad. This had to have been early 2000's. Those sheds above sure brought back those sheds from years ago. I don't remember his name but I sure as heck remember that deer. If you could, we should find those pictures in the archives.
BCBOY...

BCboy, Steve is still around, just not on monster muleys that i know of.

Time to pick winners!

First though, thanks to Phone Skope for the prizes. It's greatly appreciated! For those of you who don't already own a Phone Skope Kit, you've gotta' get a setup so you can share your awesome pics here on the site. Just do it...

The winners are Sallaberry for the Phone Skope Kit and Sherlock for the Pyro Putty and an Arch Lighter.

4a14e963-6e8b-482d-860e-4b32e22aa11a-jpeg.20115

1880173d-66e0-48bf-bab8-298990c80f95-jpeg.20523

In this photo contest, let's see some Droptine Buck Photos .... from any year. Success photos and live buck shots welcome! And encourage your buddies to share their pics too!
Share all the pics you've got, along with a little detail would be cool too.

The contest prizes will be a Phone Skope Kit for 1st place and Pyro Putty and an Arch Lighter for 2nd place. Thanks to the folks at Phone Skope for the gear! If you don't already own the a Phone Skope, then get over to their site and get one......that is if you don't win one here! It's a valuable piece of gear to have with you for helping to preserve your hunting and scouting adventures.

Get Yourself a Phone Skope
phone=skope-12720.jpg
Nevada double drop velvet
image.jpg
buck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom