Drunk Hunters

M

muledeernut

In 1997, my wife, bucksnort on MM and another buddy and I were hunting up in Wishon, just up from Fresno Ca, and the dark grew on us so we went back to camp. On the way back to camp we had to cross over Wishon Dam. When we got half way across the dam another car decided to cross the dam at the same time in the opposite direction. When the car got close the driver swerved into our lane, so I pulled our car all of the way to the water side of the dam and stopped. Just as we got stopped, the car hit us head on. As I looked out my window at the truck that hit us I saw it go over the cliff, down 409 feet to the bottom. The driver was killed at the seen and the passenger was severly injured. We called 911 and went to the bottom of the dam to see if anyone had survived. We found the passenger in the rocks and bucksnort lifted a big rock off of his head. We spent the next two hours getting the man off of the dam. He is alive today, but has to live with the thought of his friend not making it. They were driving while drunk. It took a long time for us to be able to cross the dam again. I wish that it didn't happen, but it did. I hope hunters aren't out there drinking while hunting. I see it every year, and it makes me sick. I hope everybody has a safe and profitable hunting season. LOL Muledeernut

HEY Muledeernut

I ALSO SEE IT ABOUT EVERY YEAR!!!

THE WAY I ALWAYS LOOKED AT IS THERE IS ABOUT 200 OTHER DAYS IF A GUY WANTED TO DRINK!!!

WHY SCREW UP QUALITY VALUABLE TIME???

I GUESS I LOOK AT THINGS DIFFERENT THAN MOST!!!

I GUESS I FEEL BAD ENOUGH AT 4:00 A.M. WITHOUT IT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THAT YUSTACOULD!!!

I dont drink when there is valuable hunting time in the day, BUT when the sun goes down, get out of my way cause Im looking for the bottom of every bottle. Im still a young pup and can handle it, although I still dont want to get up before the crack of noon sober or drunk. hehehe

LAST EDITED ON May-18-03 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]If hunting drunk is like chasing women drunk, then i will never kill a 30 inch buck. haha, j/k. Weapons and alcohol are a very bad combination. I guess you just got to decide personally what is more important, a cold brew or accually putting a tag on a deer.

later, MM

THIS MIGHT BE ONE OF THE REASONS I HAVEN'T BEEN SEEING THEM 40" BUCKS THAT OTHER HUNTERS SEE!!!

HOW MANY DRINKS DOES IT TAKE TO IMPAIR MY VISION TO 1.5 POWER???

I CAN PLAINLY SEE IF I'M EVER GONNA SEE A 40 INCHER I'M GONNA HAVE TO CHANGE MY WAYS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING ABOUT TURNING A 24 INCHER INTO A 40 INCHER!!!

A couple of years ago my brother and I were archery hunting in northeastern Utah, we decided to head to another area. When we hit the main road we saw a F&G truck and pulled over so they could check our tags. The officer looked over the licenses, handed them back and then stuck his head inside the truck and looked around. I asked him what he was looking for and he told us we were the first truck he had checked that day that didn't have any open containers of alcohol, the bad thing was it was only 9:00 A.M. on the second day of the hunt!!!

Rut

You know whats bad are the slob hunters that drive around roadhunting and drinking beer and throwing thier beer cans all over the hillsides.When I get back to camp I like to drink a beer or two once in a while,but I dont throw the empty cans all over the hillside.These types of so called hunters just ruin it for everybody by giving hunters a bad name.

I think they should start fining $100,000 per can, bottle, cigarette butt. Why not? Too harsh? Bull Crap!

The beer is supposed to be reserved for the BS campfire sessions at night and how and why the big one got away. I don't think I'd want to be in the woods with some drunk or hooched up clown with a gun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom