Dumb perf point question- delete/close thread

Handloader

For the life of me, I cannot remember you have 3 points for example, do you enter the 2020 draw with 3 or 4 if you apply for the draw? Or do you only get to 4 if you buy a point after you are successful? Dumb question, should be a quick answer. Thanks !

3 going in. But, as I understand it. You no longer have the point option if unsuccessful in drawing.

goHUNTstates:

IMPORTANT: Change to Wyoming preference point in 2019
For deer, elk, and antelope you will not automatically receive a preference point if you are unsuccessful in the draw. If you are unsuccessful in the draw you will need to log into your account from July 1 to Oct 31 and purchase a preference point.
>>>
I have only been buying points the last few years so I have not personally applied since the point policy change.

I should clarify, you no longer can get a point if unsuccessful in the application/ draw process, you have to apply for a point separate between July 1 and Oct 31

3 going in. But, as I understand it. You no longer have the point option if unsuccessful in drawing.

goHUNTstates:

IMPORTANT: Change to Wyoming preference point in 2019
For deer, elk, and antelope you will not automatically receive a preference point if you are unsuccessful in the draw. If you are unsuccessful in the draw you will need to log into your account from July 1 to Oct 31 and purchase a preference point.
>>>
I have only been buying points the last few years so I have not personally applied since the point policy change.

The last couple of years, I've only bought points and did not apply. I didn't know points weren't automatic if not drawn.

Glad I know now. Thanks.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom