Dungeness Crab Salad

eelgrass

Long Time Member
It's a pretty complicated recipe but sure worth the effort. :)

Make a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce and top it with about a half pound of crab meat. The sauce is just mayo and chili sauce. A couple slices of sourdough bread buttered and toasted under the broiler. The milk is optional.

P1010294.JPG

It's a pretty complicated recipe but sure worth the effort. :)

Make a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce and top it with about a half pound of crab meat. The sauce is just mayo and chili sauce. A couple slices of sourdough bread buttered and toasted under the broiler. The milk is optional.

View attachment 62270
And........the rarest part of this or any other meal now days is.......iceberg lettuce! Congratulations........old school at its finest.

Eel, do you boil the crab or is it raw? In the Bahamas they make a conch salad where the conch is raw. But I wouldn’t use the words conch and crab in the same sentence. I don’t care much for conch.

Eel, do you boil the crab or is it raw? In the Bahamas they make a conch salad where the conch is raw. But I wouldn’t use the words conch and crab in the same sentence. I don’t care much for conch.
Yes, we boil them in salt water for about 20 minutes. Straight ocean water is the best. It has just the right amount of salt in it.

Thats my favorite method of eating crab! Also parcely, garlic and lemon juice with a tad of olive oil. Season down here has been delayed because of the whales hanging around, should open soon.
Those, plus celery, are the ingredients I use when I make a 'salad' with blue crabs. Take the bodies out of the main shells of about 6 crabs & toss them in a big bowl along with all the legs. Chop up celery, parsley & a couple garlic cloves and then juice & cut up the rinds of a half-dozen or more lemons. Then throw it all together with a 1/4 cup of olive oil. Let it stand in the fridge overnight and stir once in a while.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom