DWR agreement to open Military lands for hunting

nebo12000

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-13 AT 02:19PM (MST)[p]This will interest many of you.
To: Regional Advisory Council
Re: Rule R657-66 Military Installations New Rule
The purpose of this rule is to allow the division to enter memorandum of understanding (MOU) with
military installation units for the purpose of hunting big game. These agreements will open access to
new hunting areas for qualified military personnel and the general public.
The military installation base commander will provide the division with a plan to allow hunting access
including how many permits they are requesting, and how they plan to distribute them fairly and
equitably to military personnel. When satisfied with the plan, the division will sign the MOU. One
permit or 20% of the total requested for military personnel will be made available to the general public
through the division?s annual bucks and bulls online draw process.
Kenneth Johnson
Administrative Services
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

Camp Williams comes to my mind. I hunted it for years when I was young (I think it was legal back then).
There are some big old buck on there right now. Some of the bucks sneak off and head to the fields (private property) to feed and a few get whacked by bow hunters every year.
I guess it won't be a big secret any more. I think it could be the kind of hunt where a guy would be willing to burn a pile of points.... at least for the first couple years or so.
Zeke

Would this be for only Utah National Guard land or maybe Federal Military Land? I am sure there are some decent Antelope and fee deer out on UTTR and Dugway Proving Grounds... Does anyone know anything more on this?

Tallbuck1

>so where are these military installations?
> Toole Army Depot and
>where else?
>
>
>It's always an adventure!!!

We have a bucnh of nice Deer and Elk on Tooele Army Depot every year. Would love to get a tag. Also have a ton of coyotes too. Would love it if they opened it up for that.

HAFB has a drawing for hunting access each year if I'm not mistaken.

What about Little Mountain East of Ogden, UT?????????

It won't be on any high security areas, like the chemical depot and it won't be on any of the proving grounds... the west proving ground has a crap load of unexploded ordinance on it.

sled_guy

How many NR tags. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom